The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Des needs to come out and say what's happening

Why Bear ... a coach needs the ability to make decisions on team make on a needs basis, and that can change on a weekly basis with injuries and form etc, why would he paint himself into a corner 6 months before the next season starts ... and I don't know of any players contract that has a specific position only in it ...

We may like to know of the plan ... but I am sure Dessie has spoken to the players most concerned ... @InDeswetrust ... and @InForanwepray

PSS ... and as Matty Johns says ... it takes up to 30 games for a play maker to become good ..Schuster will be just hunky Dory with the old warhorse in the wings ...

Why Bear ... a coach needs the ability to make decisions on team make on a needs basis, and that can change on a weekly basis with injuries and form etc, why would he paint himself into a corner 6 months before the next season starts ... and I don't know of any players contract that has a specific position only in it ...

We may like to know of the plan ... but I am sure Dessie has spoken to the players most concerned ... @InDeswetrust ... and @InForanwepray

Actually having searched sites trying to find The Wheel's source, I did find it on the Sea Eagle's site and Hasler being interviewed. He was a little cagy as he always is, but the implication of versatility and depth suggested Foran may, just may, be asked to slot into Croker's role at 14 and fill in in other positions when needed. He makes it clear that the Schuster issue regarding looking elsewhere is a bit of a media beat up, but then Des also said Foran would not be coming back, so what do you believe. I get the sense he does realise what he's got in Schuster...he spoke at some length there and usually when he rambles on it suggests he's being more or less fair dinkum. At least he is saying something about it, which is good and I commend him for that. Just hope the smoke and mirrors are in our favour.

Think he has more ability than Gifty. Lock might be where excels.
You may be right re Gift but I’d look to ease Schu in on an edge first instead of the middle. One of the biggest issues for me this year is that we never controlled the middle - poor line speed and weak tackle contact. Jake to front row and sirro to 13 might help this.

Ding dong the witch is dead - Hasler confirms Foran #nextweek And Josh is going no where in today’s presser
Thank you once again for bringing us the great news @The Wheel

Ding dong the Witch is dead and we can now all move on and support our great club
with great confidence and pride with the confirmation of the special talent in Schuster and the proven Foran who has excelled at every level in the game and his experience , leadership , skill and vision will be an asset for the rebuilding of our great club

There are those with past bitterness and doubts and I say to you all ....
WE WILL NEVER LIVE TO SEE THE WONDERS OF PROBABILITY UNLESS WE CLEAR THE NEGATIVE AND BITTER DOUBTS IN OUR OWN MIND

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT WE ALL STAND TALL , PROUD AND UNITED AS WE ARE ALL STRONGER TOGETHER FOR THE GLORY OF OUR GREAT CLUB THE LEGENDARY MANLY SEA EAGLES

DIVISION IS FOR THE SELFISH AND NOT FOR THE SEA EAGLES AT HEART
BRING ON 2021 THE YEAR OF REDEMPTION IN MORE WAYS THEN ONE !!!
d4ea7390f690a5af163563b3f1cdf227.gif

So it looks like Manly could get freaky with their selections next year. Foran has played half at international level before and a few people here are saying that DCE would be more suited for 5/8. In addition, DCE has shown glimpses in the past that he could be brilliant out of dummy half

6. Foran
7. DCE
13. Schuster

or

6. DCE
7. Foran
13. Schuster

or

6. Schuster
7. Foran
9. DCE

The Shoe is far more clever than Siro or Graham. Maybe not as tough but his skills are wasted in the forwards. That's why in the juniors they moved him away from the forwards to 5/8...and captain
Yes, his skill set outstrips them; however, I can see him playing an edge to start while Foran plays 6 for a year. Then Schuster has less pressure on him in his first full year but still gains invaluable experience. One year on an edge will not impact his career negatively, in fact it might help him settle in. Its an option the club will no doubt consider and we might see a bit of both until they settle on things - particularly if Foran struggles at 9.

It allows Siro to move to lock and stop stifling our attack on the edges and also moves Jake to prop to take AFB's spot. By implication it strengthens our bench as we have the improving Paseka and Keppie coming on after the 20-30 minute mark without the need to start Taniela. We need to consider the overall team balance rather than just one position. It will be interesting to see where we land by mid season.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8