The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Most doubted he would ever come back to us
People and circumstances chance . That is why we should all be open minded
I am, it’s like Des I’ll never forgive but I can forget, if he signs I’ll support him as he’ll be wearing maroon and white.

I even support Croker ( as much as he’s absolutely ****) when he plays.

Doesn’t mean I’m a fan but when they run out in our colours I support the brand rather than the individual.

I am, it’s like Des I’ll never forgive but I can forget, if he signs I’ll support him as he’ll be wearing maroon and white.

I even support Croker ( as much as he’s absolutely ****) when he plays.

Doesn’t mean I’m a fan but when they run out in our colours I support the brand rather than the individual.
I see your point . I think we should all forgive if someone is willing to redeem them selves
We have all fcked up and just like we all want to be forgiven we should all have empathy as bitterness destroys our soul .
As far as players like Croker that we have running around go . To Des and the coaching and retention staff . Surely you guys can do better than that . Seriously !!!

Most doubted he would ever come back to us
People and circumstances chance . That is why we should all be open minded

As I've always maintained Foran left as a business decision and we should have no problems about that. He should have been a little more honest regarding his decision so Manly didn't run into problems with the DCE issues, but otherwise no problem. My problems with his return have nothing to do with his decision to leave. Its purely to do with not sacrificing or risk losing a potential future star for an injury prone ex star who is well past his prime. If Des is honest in that he is using Foran as a stop gap hooker and emergency 5/8 if Schuster is injured, I have no problem. Good luck to him

There’s lots of different ways to look at this whole thing. I’m happy to see him back. Health concerns aside, he’s still a fine player and hopefully he can stay injury free for long enough, to offer plenty to the team. I think he needs to start at #6 as that’s where we’re lacking. The combination he had with DCE is too good to waste, having him play in the #9 or #14.
So where does that leave Schuster, Cust and the others? I’d play Schuster at #4 left centre on the same side as Foran. He should be our long term #6 and would learn a lot from playing outside Foran.
I see Cust as our eventual #7 but will likely need to cover the #9 and #14 roles until the Fainu situation is resolved.
A large piece of the puzzle is DCE. I think he’s only got about 2 more years on his current contact. Foran has just been signed for 2 years. Cust & Schuster are the future but they need some time to become established in 1st Grade without having to carry the team on a weekly basis. If we can get a good 2 years from DCE and Foran, we can let both go and Cust and Schuster will be ready to take over.
Letting DCE go frees up $1.25M to spend on other players. Suli to play in the #3 and we let Walker go. Hopoate and Funa on the wings for the time being with perhaps Turbo moving to the Centres in a couple of years when Hopoate is ready to take over at Fullback. Just my thoughts
Its a good plan.. if it all works out that is

Whenever we played Canterbury of late, I'd always look to see if Foran was playing, knowing we had more chance if he wasn't. Says to me I'm happy he's coming.
And, as for his departure and behaviour around it - he was a troubled kid (maturity takes a long time in the male of the species - says she smugly) and that's pretty much all there is to it. As we get older we learn that all of us are fallible and to forgive only brings peace.
Welcome back Foz.

Some stats for the Foran haters.
Foran:
Games 14
Tries 4
Try assists 12
Line break assists 9
Forced drop outs 4
Average kick metres 184

Cust
Games 10
Tries 3
Try assists 3
Line break assists 3
Forced drop outs 3
Average kick metres 84

Croker
Games 19
Tries 1
Try assists 0
Line break assists 1
Forced drop outs 2
Average kick metres 47

Levi
Games
Tries 2
Try assists 0
Line break assists 2
Forced drop outs 0
Average kick metres 6

Croker/Levi/Cust Average
Tries 6- Foran 4
Try assists 3 Foran 12
L/B assists 6 Foran 9
Drop outs 5 Foran 4
Avg kick m 46m Foran 184m

This tells 2 stories
1.No wonder we were so pooh this year, our 3 playmakers outside of Chez couldn't set up tries, line breaks or help out with kicking
2. Foz still has plenty to offer and will do our team wonders having a general out there that also has an ability to kick and create.

No wonder we are letting Levi go and Croker should go to the bottom of the barrel with team selection.

I have stayed out of the discussion because I have been conflicted ... however as it has now been stated that Foran is likely to sign a one year deal I am relieved ... I was scared Dessie was going to sign him on the 3 year deal he was asking for ...

I think Foran has plenty to offer both on and off the field, and whilst a gamble ... it is one I don't mind us taking ... I will be rooting for him ...

Where exactly did you read this because in the Telerag its talking again of Cust at 9 and Foran in the halves. Des needs to come out and say what's happening

No he doesn’t. I’m sure as pre season progresses he will try foz in a few spots. My tip is foz will start in 6, Cust 9 and shue 14. Foz will go to 9 when Cust needs a spell and shue to 6.

No he doesn’t. I’m sure as pre season progresses he will try foz in a few spots. My tip is foz will start in 6, Cust 9 and shue 14. Foz will go to 9 when Cust needs a spell and shue to 6.
I think it would be a mistake rotating the 6 jersey. DCE has had enough instability next him, we don't want to add to it during each match. If Foz plays 6 we might see Schuster on an edge - whether starting or from the bench.

6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Trjbojevic
9. Cust
10. Tapau
11. Siro
12. Guacamole
13. Schuster

Think we could actually benefit from Schuster's creativity in the forwards and get Turbo out of the way of the attack
Swap Siro and Schuster and that would be my team.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6