The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hmmm .. I say F%&K Walker off. I still think he's a wabbit.

NYEagle

For me it’s a case of where we need improvement most.

If Walker stays I feel he needs to go back to the centres to improve our backline, with Cust or Schuster at 5/8th in 2021.

If Foran was to come in and Walker leave, our backline could look very similar to this year.

If Walker stays I feel he needs to go back to the centres to improve our backline, with Cust or Schuster at 5/8th in 2021.

If Foran was to come in and Walker leave, our backline could look very similar to this year.
Unless we also offload say Taupau. Then we could add Foz, a starting hooker and a strike winger. Then bring up Schuster, Saddler, Metcalfe. Olakau-atu and Funa to start.
What would we prefer
Keep walker Taupau Levi OR
Get rid of the them and add
Johnson, Foran and say Starling.
I know which team looks stronger

Last edited:
Unless we also offload say Taupau. Then we could add Foz, a starting hooker and a strike winger. Then bring up Schuster, Saddler, Metcalfe. Olakau-atu and Funa to start.
What would we prefer
Keep walker Taupau Levi OR
Get rid of the them and add
Johnson, Foran and say Starling.
I know which team looks stronger
It's about the end, not the means @;)

Just based on this year"s form , no doubt that not getting value from Marty but again having to pay freight to any interested club and when the club is already experiencing a cap issue [ or cap deficit problem ] with Fainu "s ongoing unavailability makes any transfer consideration prohibitive . Just have to hope that Marty can play to a good level for his remaining contract but if Jake is moved to prop , certainly is going to make an even more top heavy prop situation and with a couple of emerging props still coming through . A F B is probably in line for a slight upgrade soon also [ maybe a T P A. but of course not the ideal economic environment for any sporting organization for such opportunities right now ] And in the process probably having to off load a capable forward like Sipley . No doubt the exit Walker suggestions will continue with some on here for a while yet but still can not see that eventuating or any inclination by the club to entertain this . Different matter if Croker and Cust were not extended and maybe then Foz on the cheap but think that that option has long passed now .

Well, that article certainly contains more

if', but's, maybe's, possibly's, than I've read in awhile.

About the only concrete thing was Turbo being ready to come back.

Sadly both Walker and Foran are fragile as far as injuries are concerned. Foran is a better five eight but if he is responsible for the NRL investigating us over those bull**** third party breaches then I don't want him back.

We as a club have to be careful because just moving the deck chairs around doesn't make the ship any faster.

Walker has the one thing Manly are seriously missing in their backline, pace. I've always believed his best position is centre, and I recall how effective he was there until he was forced into the 5/8 position through lack of options. If you were looking at Foran, and I dont think we can risk paying more than $400,000 yearly and then only 2 years max, Walker would be one of the last players I would let go in the backline. No question Turbo's absence has been a major factor in Manly's fall from grace. But notice, Walker has also been absent during that period. Last year or two I believe he has been stifled at 5/8 and we've lost through not have an effective ball player at 5/8 and not having speed at centre. Lost both ways with Walker away from his natural centre position. At present he's the best centre we have.

Same hear. Would we be happy with Suli, Funa and Parker as the top 3 Centres with Morgan in the mix as well? If so I’d maybe let Dylan go. Foran comes in it needs to be as much as a mentor/coach assistant as player. Realistically we prob only get half a season out of him.

Isn't that the structure back-ended contracts have, & didnt the NRL stop allowing them last year (or the year before?).

Hey there. I just read info regarding dylan walkers contract being staggered . Its pretty recent. Just chucking into the convo

The same Foran that held us to ransom so we didn’t offer DCE a contact then announced it the second DCE looked elsewhere.

Wow, just wow.

I wonder how many of you would take back your misses if she cheated on you.
Not defending Foran here but the whole Rugby League world seemed to know that Foran was going to the Slime and our management was stupid enough to think that we could keep Foran and DCE for a fair bit less than what they would get on the open market.
They should have concentrated on retaining DCE for something like what he was worth, around 900k and casting Foran adrift.
We then took whatever offer to DCE off the table, allowing the Titans to make an acceptable offer, he would have stayed with us for less, we then had to make a ridiculous offer to bring him back as our two backup plans failed , Foran staying and Kane Elgey coming.

Last edited:
The rumour is a player swap: Dogs give us Foran and we give them Walker.
The only sticking point is the likelihood of further injuries....
Dogs don't want to take the risk with Walker@:p

Hmmm .. I say F%&K Walker off. I still think he's a wabbit.

NYEagle
I've never understood the hype about Walker. Runs sideways, missed a lot of games through either stupidity or injury, no kicking game and rarely makes line breaks. Souffs fans were glad to see the back of him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10