The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know but what has that got to do with it... Are you saying that we shouldn't play 19 year olds because we aren't a premiership winning squad?

No, I said Foran came into a balanced Top 8 side so he was eased in somewhat without having to make the big plays, we shouldn't blood them all at once when the team is as it is now.
Funa has come in, looked good at times and then looked all at sea at others, his errors are magnified.

Too many youngsters when the team is going like busteds isn't good for anyone, we wouldn't stand for what happened at Newcastle for 2-3 years I wouldn't have thought.

It's likely his last contract so he just wants as much dough as he can get. The way he left shows he's got no love for this club. I hope he goes to the tigers.
Im talking about Des and I reckon it is a much more comfortable decision to move back to an area you know and a club you have experience with than to spend the last few years of your contract trying to prove yourself and get comfortable at a new club like the tigers

No, I said Foran came into a balanced Top 8 side so he was eased in somewhat without having to make the big plays, we shouldn't blood them all at once when the team is as it is now.
Funa has come in, looked good at times and then looked all at sea at others, his errors are magnified.

Too many youngsters when the team is going like busteds isn't good for anyone, we wouldn't stand for what happened at Newcastle for 2-3 years I wouldn't have thought.
Funa is 22... Cust is 21... Keppie is 22... Guac is 21

these are not 'kids'... they are grown bloody men....

"The Green signature has already been registered with the NRL and is a fascinating twist on a number of different levels.

Firstly, the Bulldogs had already made the call to move on from Kieran Foran after the five-eighth rejected an offer worth around $450,000 including bonuses for next season.

Canterbury-Bankstown quickly shifted their sights to Green and got a 12-month deal done."
From foxsports.com

If he has rejected 450 he must be after well over $500,000
He wants out, that’s why.
Just asked for more than he knew they would pay.
His manager would have already secured his next deal.
Unfortunately that’s how the PMs work, it’s scurrilous

if he comes back and sits on the sideline our side is no worse - and seriously who else is coming here for $350K? It will be someone half-decent rather than exceptional...
If a large part of our 350k is wasted by him sitting on the sideline our side is no worse? That's astonishing logic. Who is our starting 17 player that you are happy to lose to pay that money for Foran sitting on the sideline?

Funa is 22... Cust is 21... Keppie is 22... Guac is 21

these are not 'kids'... they are grown bloody men....

Respectfully mate, I didn’t say they were ‘kids’ and the response was regarding the blooding of Foran at 19 compared to the non blooding of Schuster and Hoppa now.

As for the ones you quoted, they may well be grown bloody men but when they’ve got around 20 first grade games between them it aint much in NRL terms.
To throw two more that are still teenagers ( no matter how good they may be) in when 3/4 of your spine is missing isn’t really going to end well.
It’s the getting up mentally each week that takes it toll, look at young Flanagan at the Chooks, he was playing in a team that’s humming but he was still not up to the standard expected.

Respectfully mate, I didn’t say they were ‘kids’ and the response was regarding the blooding of Foran at 19 compared to the non blooding of Schuster and Hoppa now.

As for the ones you quoted, they may well be grown bloody men but when they’ve got around 20 first grade games between them it aint much in NRL terms.
To throw two more that are still teenagers ( no matter how good they may be) in when 3/4 of your spine is missing isn’t really going to end well.
It’s the getting up mentally each week that takes it toll, look at young Flanagan at the Chooks, he was playing in a team that’s humming but he was still not up to the standard expected.
Sorry @StuBoot if that sounded a bit rude... it wasn't aimed at you bro - it was a comment on the idea that Des has played 'kids' this year... my beef is that these kids need to be given a shot - if that means bringing them in and out I am fine with that but Guac is no kid, has ripped it up and still cant break into a team that is nine tenths of the way to sh*t...

If a large part of our 350k is wasted by him sitting on the sideline our side is no worse? That's astonishing logic. Who is our starting 17 player that you are happy to lose to pay that money for Foran sitting on the sideline?
Have you not noticed that we are sh*t?
Explain to me how buying another player that doesnt play makes our team worse ya muppet?
Might not make it better but cant possibly make it worse einstein...

Explain to me how buying another player that doesnt play makes our team worse ya muppet?
What are you, a politician? Please just answer the question, not blah, blah, blah..

"Who is our starting 17 player that you are happy to lose to pay that money for Foran sitting on the sideline?"

What are you, a politician? Please just answer the question, not blah, blah, blah..

"Who is our starting 17 player that you are happy to lose to pay that money for Foran sitting on the sideline?"
Whoever is not getting signed anyway...

As I said, I am to the point where I dont care because WE ARE SH*T!!!

I was/am not advocating FOR signing him... I just dont give a crap if we do... because we will not be worse THEN WE ARE...

It's all in the original post... ffs...

Cust is (IMO) not the reason we are faltering, but if we sign Foran, Cust will either move to 9, 14 or he'll drop out of the squad... at which point he will probably look for a first grade gig elsewhere.

If you're happy with losing a good young prospect for Foran then that's okay, I personally don't think it is wise to replace young talent with a 30 year old with a long injury history.

The reported salary of $350k per year has to come from somewhere, it usually isn't as simple as just using a departing player's salary.

Cust is (IMO) not the reason we are faltering, but if we sign Foran, Cust will either move to 9, 14 or he'll drop out of the squad... at which point he will probably look for a first grade gig elsewhere.

If you're happy with losing a good young prospect for Foran then that's okay, I personally don't think it is wise to replace young talent with a 30 year old with a long injury history.

The reported salary of $350k per year has to come from somewhere, it usually isn't as simple as just using a departing player's salary.
Cust needs to be our 9.. levi and croker are horrible. Cust would make a good hooker imo. Foran would make our team better and free dce up to focus on attack and tactical kicking. He wont be lost no way we need him he has a big ticker and tries hard. Pretty much a josh Reynolds kind of player but better and no grubby bs

Whoever is not getting signed anyway...

As I said, I am to the point where I dont care because WE ARE SH*T!!!

I was/am not advocating FOR signing him... I just dont give a crap if we do... because we will not be worse THEN WE ARE...

It's all in the original post... ffs...
Once more for those slow of learning...

if we spend 350k? on Foran, the money needs to come from somewhere. More than likely not renewing 350k worth of our off-contract player/s and that makes our team worse if that money sits on the sideline.

Ohh...you don't care who?? Let it be young Hoppa or Schuster then.

Talk about muppets. You just shoot your mouth off with mind-numbingly ridiculous comments and expect nobody to call you on them. Good grief.

if we spend 350k? on Foran, the money needs to come from somewhere. More than likely not renewing 350k worth of our off-contract player/s and that makes our team worse if that money sits on the sideline.

Talk about muppets. You just shoot your mouth off with mind-numbingly ridiculous comments and expect nobody to call you on them. Good grief.
Settle down and have a beer.. Thommo leaving is the money we can use. Elliot and croker deadwood. Lots of Foran money

If we were able to offload Levi, Waddell, Elliott, Thommo I think our side would be better off even if we signed nobody to replace them. They are a big part of why we are **** this year. Throw in Walker and Taufua and I still don't think our side is worse off without ALL of these players so I don't think we are worse off by getting rid of some players to sign Foz. Even if Foz got injured in rd 1 then we still wouldn't be worse than this year because without the above deadwood we can finally play Hoppa, Schuster, Saddler, Metcalfe etc and in my opinion that makes our team a hell of a lot stronger.

Cust needs to be our 9.. levi and croker are horrible. Cust would make a good hooker imo. Foran would make our team better and free dce up to focus on attack and tactical kicking. He wont be lost no way we need him he has a big ticker and tries hard. Pretty much a josh Reynolds kind of player but better and no grubby bs

And what has Cust done at hooker? All of his highlights are with him playing #6.

Moving him from #6 to hooker and expecting him to do wonders might not work as well as you'd hope... keeping in mind our first choice hooker may or may not return.

I just don't think Foran is the solution to any of the problems we have at the moment.

And what has Cust done at hooker? All of his highlights are with him playing #6.

Moving him from #6 to hooker and expecting him to do wonders might not work as well as you'd hope... keeping in mind our first choice hooker may or may not return.

I just don't think Foran is the solution to any of the problems we have at the moment.
Cust started the year off the bench as #14 and came on and played hooker. He had an immediate impact and I have no doubt hooker is his best position. He doesn't set up his outside players enough at 5/8. He is a ready made hooker. He is crafty, he can kick for repeat sets, he keeps defence guessing by taking blind side options and is always scheming. He would be a quality #9 and a better #9 than he is #6

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8