The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Time has moved on and Forans time with Manly is long gone.

Until 2014, he was one of my favourite players, a player who had amazing toughness and fantastic skill and I truly believed that he would captain Manly for years.

What transpired in 2014 and 2015 and his ugly and drawn out defection to Parramatta left such a bad taste in all our mouths and to see him fall apart at Parramatta and become a shadow of the player he was at the Warriors and filth dogs as bloody sad. His defection really challenged a lot us in relation to loyalty and what our club prides itself on. The ructions of 2014 and 2015 when poor administration led to a player revolt is something we have not truly recovered from.

Foran is now on his last legs and the Filthdogs were frankly sold a pup by Des when they signed him.

There is a part of me that feels down right sorry for Foran and there is a part of me that will not forget what he did to our club in 2015.

Matthew Hayden was never known for his finesse, but in October 2003 Haydos brutally bludgeoned a impotent Zimbabwe attack at the WACA to set a new Test record of 380. Starting in a reasonably measured way he was 76 at tea on day one, he then smashed a hundred in the last session to finish the day unbeaten on 185. He returned on day two to go "down town" repeatedly on the meek attack, planting the front foot and just belting the ball into and over the rope. He almost scored another ton in the first session reaching 271 at lunch. More of the same after lunch as he continued the plunder, along the way posting the highest Test score by an Australian, going past The Don and Tubby's 334. After racking up another hundred in a session he finally went past Lara's 375 the over before tea, to become the record holder for the highest individual Test score. I think the majority of Australians on the east coast were glued to their TV sets fully expecting the onslaught to continue after tea as Haydos seemed short odds to pass the magical 400 barrier. Unfortunately the break proved his undoing and he holed out to a good catch in the deep off the bowling of the little known part timer Trevor Gripper just after the resumption of play

Hayden’s epic had taken 437 balls, at a strike-rate of nearly 87. He struck 38 fours, 11 sixes and a five, to completely bully an understrength attack. As a batsman who loved to intimidate and dominate bowling attacks, this was Hayden at his best - had this been a boxing match the referee would have stopped the fight at lunch on day 2. After Lara's record stood for nearly 10 years, Hayden's time in the sun lasted about 6 months as BC Lara reclaimed the record not long after. After a shaky start to his test career Matthew Hayden went on to forge a reputation as one of Australia's best batsman and definitely our most successful opener with over 8500 runs at an average of 50.73.

View attachment 10474
Brian Lara was the best batsman I have ever seen . Even named my daughter after him ( Lara).

No Ryan I’m not. I just answered your question. I don’t know you, so I wouldn’t make that judgement.
What I meant was that I just call things as I see them based on my own knowledge of the game.
I played League at a decent level, and I have always followed Manly closely for most of my life and have had some good connections with people at the club.
All jokes aside, I come on here for some news and discussion like most others, not to pontificate whether people are worthy enough to be here or not.
Cheers

Fair enough mate. Not sure if it's post Christmas traumatic syndrome or whatever on the forum, but it seems everyone's turning on each other.
New Year, fresh start, let's just all get along - we all want the same thing.

I was glad when Lara reclaimed the record, much more deserving and beautiful to watch batsmen deserved that record, not some flat track bully belting up on minnows.

Exactly. There were some A Grade batters who would never see the light of day in Sheffield Shield, let alone tests, who could have taken that Zimbabwe attack apart.

FMD, even our current piss weak test side would make that Zimbabwe team look second rate.

Players like Bradman, Taylor and Lara at least got their runs against genuine test bowlers.

What a great thread, the comments are solid gold:

https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/...ieran-foran-is-ready-for-his-comeback.111699/

But after playing a total of 38 games since leaving Manly in 2015, the now 28-year-old is ready to re-emerge in 2019 and prove he is not a spent force in the NRL.

That is the verdict from Canterbury chief executive Andrew Hill who has revealed the club’s marquee playmaker remains on track to start the season despite suffering a recent hamstring strain.

Hill said Foran had missed a couple of training sessions during the past week.

But that should not stop him from playing in the club’s only top grade trial against Canberra on February 23.

“I am sure Kieran will get some game time,” Hill said in relation to the trial against the Raiders in Bega.

“He had a slight hamstring strain the last week.

Also in the same article

He also underwent wrist surgery last year and it’s no secret Foran will also have to continue managing a back problem for the rest of his career, while his hamstring issues also have been ongoing.

In other words he is a $1.2m pa crock

Foran played fiercely always putting his body on the line in his glory days at Manly and this has taken its toll on his body ,
Just goes to show how tough , resilient and durable Toovey was playing way above his weight, always in the thick of the action in the middle of the field and he never broke down . Toovey was like an unbreakable Toyota 4 wheel drive with one million miles on the odometer and still going as strong as ever .

The Legend will always live on !!!
gettyimages-1052254-1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Kieran Foran was a great player when he was at Manly where he was instrumental in helping us win the 2011 GF and get to the 2013 decider. I'm not disputing that. I mean, the guy was even considered good enough to captain his country in test football. But regardless of any off-field issues he's had, now his body is breaking down left, right and centre and in 3 years at 3 other clubs has managed to play just 38 games and is no longer considered an automatic Kiwi test selection.

Once considered one of the best players in the game, he is now scrambling to try and resurrect a career that has nosedived.

If ever there was a perfect example of what we say that a player's career hits the skids after they leave Manly (especially voluntarily).....Foz is that perfect example right now.

Kieran Foran was a great player when he was at Manly where he was instrumental in helping us win the 2011 GF and get to the 2013 decider. I'm not disputing that. I mean, the guy was even considered good enough to captain his country in test football. But regardless of any off-field issues he's had, now his body is breaking down left, right and centre and in 3 years at 3 other clubs has managed to play just 38 games and is no longer considered an automatic Kiwi test selection.

Once considered one of the best players in the game, he is now scrambling to try and resurrect a career that has nosedived.

If ever there was a perfect example of what we say that a player's career hits the skids after they leave Manly (especially voluntarily).....Foz is that perfect example right now.
Agree. I cannot think of too many players that played their best footy when they left the nest . Most of them fell of the tree and were never the same players
stock-vector-cartoon-bird-falling-out-of-the-nest-187486883.jpg

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8