The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Foran commits to Bulldogs, and the reporter tries to make it out as though they didn’t **** up and make a rumour @:D

https://outline.com/WbsHwv

Dunno how I feel, thought I’d be happy he’s not coming back but I do feel a little bit like it could’ve been worth it if we could get him cheap. Anyways in Elgey we trust

Will Hoppa is the target at the Dogs, Foran never was in my mind..

I hope Des can pull it off.

Not to sure probably 2014 I'd say . I watched him closely in his few games with the dogs last year , and he tried his guts out and threw his body on the line at every opportunity. He can play when fit , there's no doubting that.
I agree the games i watched he tried so hard but had no one to help him.. at manly he had snake the beautiful bastard and matai there the players that made foran. Dogs are looking at hayne if he plays fb foran will strike up a good combo with him, well at least for the 6 or 7 games plays lol

That has to be one of the most moronic statements I have heard for some time.

I think I can understand Manlyfan 76 here. Blake Green is a reliable and undervalued player who gets the job done and was one of the reasons Manly made the finals in 2017. At Foran's best though Green is not a shadow of that former champion. Like Watmough, I have no problems about him and Foran leaving for bigger money. They have a limited time in the game and loyalty doesn't pay the bills or set you up for the next 40-50 years of your life after your football days are over. I was sad when they left but like with Kelly, I said good luck to them and thanks for the years you were at Manly including with those two, the premierships they contributed to gaining for the Sea Eagles.

So looking at the Green/Foran issue I think MF76 wasn't responding emotionally, at least that's not the sense I'm getting. What he is saying is quite pragmatic. With Green , you are fairly certain regarding the quality you are getting. He's consistently been on the field and done a good job for the clubs he's played for up until this year. He's worth the punt for further contracts. Foran potentially was a much more complete and effective player, certainly in his time at Manly. But personal emotional issues and a string of serious injuries over the past four years have now made him a big risk regarding having him on the field. He is still a fine player on the field, though not as effective as he was, and he may overcome his injuries in the next few years. But the injuries, for someone now approaching his late 20s, have made it more likely that a team wont have him on the field for a large chunk of the season. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but the betting would be injury will continue to plague him. So as MF76 has implied, Green is at this stage a better proposition, not because he's the better player, but because he's more likely to be there for most of the season. For team a steady 5/8 is imperative as has been shown at Manly recently. Its too important a role to risk.

But anyway, we have Elgey and though he's had his problems with injury, he's still quite young, and like Green is a better risk. Though probably not as steady as Green, I think we'll find he's more talented and will take the pressure off DCE

I believe at times DCE trys to do too much himself rather than choosing the right time to play his hand mainly because he doesn't trust those around him. His performance in Origin III was excellent but he had the caliber of Munster playing on the other side of the field keeping the defense on their toes. DCE needs to stop trying to be Jonathon Thurston and just focus on being DCE and playing to his strengths. I expect that Des has plans in this regard but they require the five eight this year to play a much bigger role with the footy than we saw last year which IMO is the reason we saw Turbo trying to be a ball player far too often.

I watched the "Road to Victory" DVD yesterday from 2011 and I have to say the most startling aspect of the footage was just how insanely effective Foran was. My god, he was 20 years old and some of the things he did were just mind boggling. He was already in the top 4-5 players in the game at that age.

What went wrong?!

Very sad.

Matthew Hayden was never known for his finesse, but in October 2003 Haydos brutally bludgeoned a impotent Zimbabwe attack at the WACA to set a new Test record of 380. Starting in a reasonably measured way he was 76 at tea on day one, he then smashed a hundred in the last session to finish the day unbeaten on 185. He returned on day two to go "down town" repeatedly on the meek attack, planting the front foot and just belting the ball into and over the rope. He almost scored another ton in the first session reaching 271 at lunch. More of the same after lunch as he continued the plunder, along the way posting the highest Test score by an Australian, going past The Don and Tubby's 334. After racking up another hundred in a session he finally went past Lara's 375 the over before tea, to become the record holder for the highest individual Test score. I think the majority of Australians on the east coast were glued to their TV sets fully expecting the onslaught to continue after tea as Haydos seemed short odds to pass the magical 400 barrier. Unfortunately the break proved his undoing and he holed out to a good catch in the deep off the bowling of the little known part timer Trevor Gripper just after the resumption of play

Hayden’s epic had taken 437 balls, at a strike-rate of nearly 87. He struck 38 fours, 11 sixes and a five, to completely bully an understrength attack. As a batsman who loved to intimidate and dominate bowling attacks, this was Hayden at his best - had this been a boxing match the referee would have stopped the fight at lunch on day 2. After Lara's record stood for nearly 10 years, Hayden's time in the sun lasted about 6 months as BC Lara reclaimed the record not long after. After a shaky start to his test career Matthew Hayden went on to forge a reputation as one of Australia's best batsman and definitely our most successful opener with over 8500 runs at an average of 50.73.

Haydos380.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4