The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rebecca Wilson, sadly cannot defend herself on this one. But, love her or hate her she was a feisty, strongly opinionated person who did not want to be treated in any gentler way because she was a woman. She gave as strongly as she got. I find it astounding that someone like Catherine Lumby is upset with her treatment as a women. As a feminist Lumby wants equality but wants female journalists to be treated differently to male journos. I can't speak for Wilson, but I get the impression she would have bristled at Lumby's outrage. That she was terminally ill and dying was very distressing; but to cut Foran some slack, he was not aware of that. What did Wilson say about him in the original article? What is he alleged to have said to her on the phone? It is an unhappy situation. Perhaps Foran had he knew her distressing illness would not have spoken in such a way. On the other hand, how precarious was his mental state. Would Lumby show the same outrage if Foran had harmed himself after reading the article?

Rebecca Wilson, sadly cannot defend herself on this one. But, love her or hate her she was a feisty, strongly opinionated person who did not want to be treated in any gentler way because she was a woman. She gave as strongly as she got. I find it astounding that someone like Catherine Lumby is upset with her treatment as a women. As a feminist Lumby wants equality but wants female journalists to be treated differently to male journos. I can't speak for Wilson, but I get the impression she would have bristled at Lumby's outrage. That she was terminally ill and dying was very distressing; but to cut Foran some slack, he was not aware of that. What did Wilson say about him in the original article? What is he alleged to have said to her on the phone? It is an unhappy situation. Perhaps Foran had he knew her distressing illness would not have spoken in such a way. On the other hand, how precarious was his mental state. Would Lumby show the same outrage if Foran had harmed himself after reading the article?
What does it matter what condition Rebecca Wilson was in?If reports are true,you don't speak to anyone like that.The fact it was a female proves what sort of man he is.

What does it matter what condition Rebecca Wilson was in?If reports are true,you don't speak to anyone like that.The fact it was a female proves what sort of man he is.

Quite so, mate. I wouldn't speak to anyone like that either. Just playing devil's advocado here. In journalism as well as business and politics; there is a fair bit of rough and tumble. For example the former PM Paul Keating was not above caling up journos and giving them a foul mouthed spray. Even female journos. Not something i would do or agree with, but it happens. Again, he did not know she was sick. I wonder what the orginal article was that he was angry about?

I suspect Bec Wilson would not have been particularly upset if this phone call was a clean angry exchange, as she seemed to like a good argument. The story suggests that there were vile threats.

Its not like Wilson never wrote anything vile, misleading, or even downright untrue during her long career. Lol.
She never got personal with anyone and used their private family life to sell papers. Double lol.

Unfortunately she had a much larger audience that she could peddle her trash too.

Without knowing exactly what was said by Foran, and I hope he didnt stoop to her gutter level, but it is about time someone stood up to hypocritical people like her.

Karma is a bitch.

I suspect Bec Wilson would not have been particularly upset if this phone call was a clean angry exchange, as she seemed to like a good argument. The story suggests that there were vile threats.
The story suggests lots of things. But it's very light on detail. Pretty much like every other news story these days - lots of room for outrage, not much room for facts.

Its not like Wilson never wrote anything vile, misleading, or even downright untrue during her long career. Lol.
She never got personal with anyone and used their private family life to sell papers. Double lol.

Unfortunately she had a much larger audience that she could peddle her trash too.

Without knowing exactly what was said by Foran, and I hope he didnt stoop to her gutter level, but it is about time someone stood up to hypocritical people like her.

Karma is a bitch.
The difference is that her attacks were public and therefore up for scrutiny @:cool:

Fiz has serious control issues and it seems to impact on every aspect of his life. Shame as he has the looks, the money and the marketable skills to live the life of Riley:confused:

Ive got no doubt that if she were alive today, Foran's words would be all overthe media, for us all to scrutinize.

I'm a bit surprised at the level of defence of the wonderful Keiran Foran here, given the position he placed our club in with his cover up of having signed with Parra as well as his association with Big Eddie at a time of match fixing allegations involving OUR CLUB. But hey.
Regardless of previous reporting by Wilson and her health situation, clearly Untouchable Wonderboy very much crossed a line here. The suggestion by Hartigan here is that his threats were of the most vicious and vile and scary kind. And that is totally unacceptable from any sportsperson to any journalist, full
stop.

It's irrelevant to just hone in on the Rebecca Wilson subject. Context and package Foran's last 18 months, and if it was any lesser known player they would not be allowed on the field (think Snake for instance)
NRL, poor leadership and poor management. Look at how Greenburg treated Barba when he was at Bulldogs and had domestic violence allegations aimed at him.
Foran is a smug prick, who has had several get out of jail free cards.
DCE or Foran??? No brainer

If threats were involved, as alleged, then its unacceptable from any person to another, let alone sportsperson to journalist.

Agree 100%.

Wilson may well have deserved an abusive phone call, but there is a line and if Foran threatened her personal safety or her family (as would seem to be the case) then he clearly overstepped it.

This of course assumes the current newspaper story is accurate and threats were actually made...

If threats were involved, as alleged, then its unacceptable from any person to another, let alone sportsperson to journalist.
I agree with you that the alleged threats are very bad and if true Foran should be censured for that. It is really sad that the NRL have allowed him to play at a club for unders. That just makes a mockery of the cap.

What is also unforgivable is what Rebecca Wilson did to Brett Stewart in March 2009, where he was tried, found guilty and hung publicly by this women on flimsy evidence which turned out to be a crock of crap!! This women helped fan the flames and it almost destroyed Brett and there was only an apology after the court made her and her news rag do so.

For her to pass away is a tragedy for her family and loved ones. I do understand that. The stuff being written that she was an honourable and hard hitting journalist when in fact she was a journalist that was responsible for making big mistakes that cause untold damage to people.

If Kieran did threaten her, he should be condemned for that but to me it just illustrates that his mental state is not what it was. Something changed in Kieran from 2014 and ever since its been a slippery slope into decline for him. Part of is really sad cause I saw him as a one club player with us and the other part of me is understanding that we dodged a bullet with him leaving.

If my memory serves me correctly, there have been anecdotes previously on this forum about Kieran Foran speaking abusively to his own mother - before he left Manly - and in full view/earshot of fans?

So it would seem it's not a new thing for him to carry on that way.

I was in no way a fan of Rebecca Wilson, ever, but regardless of that, and regardless of whether he knew of her illness or not, there are plenty of ways to address someone writing negative stuff about you that don't involve making threats over the phone.

Here's a bit of food for thought: how did Brett Stewart respond to the negative, fabricated crap she wrote about him? And there's no suggestion that what she wrote about Foran's escapades was made up...

Here's a bit of food for thought: how did Brett Stewart respond to the negative, fabricated crap she wrote about him? And there's no suggestion that what she wrote about Foran's escapades was made up...

I read she was behind the myth of Brett Stewart being the father of Foran's child. Is this true (of her) or just internet conjecture???

I read she was behind the myth of Brett Stewart being the father of Foran's child. Is this true (of her) or just internet conjecture???

No idea, I only ever saw it mentioned around the internet rumour mills, nowhere official. Only stuff I remember reading in the papers about Foran's meltdown was the gambling, Eddie Hayson etc stuff.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10