The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ryan

Journey Man
It was me, I don't think he is best used as a starter. Yes he relishes it, but we need mongrel hard heads in the first 20 to soften the opposition up and for mine that should be Lussick and Myles. Bring Jake on after that and he will tear them a new one.

Kids only a pup, and I'm already seeing opposition forwards running angles to avoid his hits in defense. The starts of games are when opposition forwards are trying to lay the platform. If he had a quality partner / bookend, I think he'd look vastly different.

Burgess sucks - lets start there. Then he has Ballin (who runs the 50m in 10 minutes stat). He's backed up by Ball player 1 (Meteo), Ball player 2 (Symonds), Ball RUNNER 3 (Lui).

Tooves needs to mix that starting rotation up. Having say Lussick in there with Turbo would provide punch. Leary runs hard towards the line, and if I'm Tooves, I attempt to get Symonds to run harder and more direct (bevcause he CAN be a devestating ballrunner when he does this).

tookey

First Grader
It's as harf as it is to spell harf! :giggle::giggle::angel:

Seriously folks....I agree. I'd really like to know why Hiku was kicking. Not saying he is bad (but he didn't make any) but it's hard to go past 5/5 from Mateo!!
WTF is going on?
Heard that Mateo dropped a box of crispy creme donuts on his foot during the week hence why he couldn't kick for goal

JenEagle

Bencher
Yeah as much I would like to keep Foran with the amount we have outlaid for dce to stay we can't afford him. We have both of them this year and we are on the bottom of the table. Imagine having them both for 8 more years on twice the coin they are on now. We would have a whole team of Luke Burgess quality with Foran and Dce. Wow.

eagle66

Bencher
Premium Member
Kids only a pup, and I'm already seeing opposition forwards running angles to avoid his hits in defense. The starts of games are when opposition forwards are trying to lay the platform. If he had a quality partner / bookend, I think he'd look vastly different.

Burgess sucks - lets start there. Then he has Ballin (who runs the 50m in 10 minutes stat). He's backed up by Ball player 1 (Meteo), Ball player 2 (Symonds), Ball RUNNER 3 (Lui).

Tooves needs to mix that starting rotation up. Having say Lussick in there with Turbo would provide punch. Leary runs hard towards the line, and if I'm Tooves, I attempt to get Symonds to run harder and more direct (bevcause he CAN be a devestating ballrunner when he does this).
Burgess does suck. At the moment, I am putting it down to how Manly are using him. There are too many flat footed forwards attacking the line. Each run affects the following run up. Ballin is being critiqued on his style which isn't working too well, but I reckon he is still playing the same as he was from when he first made the NRL. The go forward or lack of a mongrel, x factor, style of forward is putting more onto Ballin which is not his style to dart out of the ruck. This is where I agree with you Ryan, we've got what we've got, so the Coach needs to manage not only the bench rotation but the management of the styles of forwards at his disposal each week.
I though the forwards against Souths did okay, yes we lost it there but they did enough to give the opportunity to DCE and Foran to stamp their authority which previously would get us through and give us the upper hand.
Hiku ain't no centre. Had a couple of opportunities to give some quality ball to TomT, I am sure Lyon would have turned at least one of them into a try.
Sorry for rambling guys

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Foran has to join the Dalai Cult.:cool:

BoChocs on the Sunday Footy Show said how much the players want to play for him. :sick:
Amazing scenes showed Dalai running around the ground, HiFi-ing the crowd @:blush:

NewwyEagle

I sleep in a racing car
He is.....with dalylight between him and our next best poor kid. If he played for The Rorters, I reckon he'd be up there in State of Origin conversations.
Our current forward pack is the reason I don't want Foran offered any contract.
If we can land another prop for next season (I've said/dreamt tamou too many times) then we'd have quite the prop rotation. I loved talk of Barrett bringing Bryce Cartwright along with him.

manlywarringah

Bencher
Premium Member
Bryce Cartwright would be a dream for me and I would've thought Sam Moa would be a must.

He is a straight up the middle metre eater that we need and not be that costly.

Can't believe we wouldn't offer him a nice deal.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Foran has to join the Dalai Cult.:cool:

BoChocs on the Sunday Footy Show said how much the players want to play for him. :sick:
Amazing scenes showed Dalai running around the ground, HiFi-ing the crowd @:blush:
I heard Dalai on ABC Grandstand this arvo and if I wasn't so filthy on him for his Manly raids I would have been mightily impressed with his steady thinking and absolute faith in his players through all this rubbish. Plus his results are getting there.
But I am filthy on him so he sounded like an overrated idiot! :think:

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Cartwright is better utilised against a back pedalling, slow defensive line.
Our current fowards rotation ( with one obvious exception ) dont lay the kind of platform to get full value out of a Cartwright type player.
We need 2 more quality props. If only Toovs would give our existing younger guys a go, so we could see for ourselves if we need to be recruiting more in this area.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Our current fowards rotation ( with one obvious exception ) dont lay the kind of platform to get full value out of a Cartwright type player.
We need 2 more quality props. If only Toovs would give our existing younger guys a go, so we could see for ourselves if we need to be recruiting more in this area.
The problem there could be the high number of players he had already been forced to use, creating issues similar to Parramatta's, if he delves to deeply into the second tier cap.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
That is a very very fair point.......if that is the case, then Toovs has backed the wrong horses earlier in the season,,,,,,and it should be made public knowledge that our hands are tied in terms of player selection, much like Parra did.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Yeah, the first player I would take if we could have anyone would be Sam Moa. We have enough mobile backrower types, but a player who just tucks it under the arm, runs straight, hard, and fast, before getting up quickly to play the ball, would be perfect.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18