The Jurbo Journal - (just a really nice Jake thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who should be Manly's captain (from now) ?

• DCE

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Jake T

Votes: 55 70.5%

• Total voters
I adore the man. But he is pretty much Aiden tolman these days only more Ill-disciplined.

His penalties are a killer and he looks pretty pedestrian on both sides of the footy.

Some of the issue I suspect is coaching. So hopefully he can get something back to add to his heart, desire and commitment to the cause.

It’s pretty sad really
Aiden Tolman!, c’mon man, he’s not that bad…yet (or hopefully will ever be).

Winner x 100. No club should ever ever give more than 4yrs! Injury, form, personal life can affect a player over those years.

DCE and JT contracts should serve as a warning for all other clubs..
It's not just that.. the game is forever evolving. The game is completely different to what it was even 3 years ago

Apologies for taking 5 minutes out of your obviously very busy life style. Suggest you be a little more selective in future with what you read on this forum. Posts tend to be more fictional and entertaining rather than factual. Not sure if you caught up with the news recently, but we got bundled out of the semi's in spectacular fashion. So apart from leaving Jake in the same position and same role, I am interested to to understand what you would do differently next year that would give us a better result?
Get a proper hooker!

It's really sad that we are having such a discussion about a guy that bleeds maroon and white like Jake does. I love the kid but I don't even know what his best role is in the modern game. If you bench him our defence sucks but in attack he's really offering so little. Moving him to the front two seems like the only logical solution, but his speed and leg drive don't suit the modern front rower prototype either.

Id like to see him go back to how he was as a youngster, he had a great offload. He doesn't look to offload anymore. That's probably where his best value could be, don't worry about making massive meters but create second phase plays with the offload.

He's dependable but ill-disciplined and slow.

I really like Jake but in terms of rugby league he needs an exorcism \ cleansing \ change

I kid you not, if he had a different name and had zero reputation 90% of us would be saying that he hits hard in defence but lays in the ruck, plays the ball slow, never bends the line, struggles to get square at marker in time and stifles our attack.

He simply needs less minutes. He still has the potential to be valuable, but at the moment he is a liability masked by the fact he has a cool brother and a good one-on-one tackling technique. Tackling skill doesn't neccessarily relate to the ability to read a play, and that was evident today when he let in that try without even marking anyone or thinking in advance.

I don't know what we are getting from keeping him at lock. Why is he there? What is the gain? I see none for Manly and none for Jake. It is simply because it is where he has always been, that he is there. It would be too weird to ask him to play a different role. Why!
Think you will find, and probably next season, Jake will move to front row. It'll just be a natural progression.

Jake looks nothing like Mr Inbetween:

4470ABBA-971E-4906-97FE-3F786E761FB9.jpeg

When Schuster is fit again. I would like to see him get a crack at lock forward and Jake to play up front. We need a ball player who helps out our halves, right now Jakes touches are really predictable and we need a threat at 2nd receiver!
Correctamundo!

Every team knows Jake's game plan so that is one less player to coach against - just let him link to the left & forget he is on the field!

Front row, 60 mins a game; let him rip it up and off load as much as he can. We don't have any other middle men promoting the ball at the line.

And, Schuster gives so many more options that the opposing coach would then have to coach against two new lines of attack from Manly.

Love Jake but he not worth 900k in current game.
Overall roster is like its been since 2016 lacks depth and has alot of nsw players in first grade

Round 1. Yeo's ball playing, and running game played an important part in smashing us. Round 2 Radley's ball playing, speed in defence and attack played a big part in Manly just not being in the game.

When is the last time Jake's running game made you go wow? When did he even last make a line break?

When did he last win us a game purely on the back of his ball playing?

The game has been sped up. He's not playing a third prop role. He just too slow and not good enough to be the third half!

We have someone who the defence handle with ease touching the ball way too often.

A change of role for Jake helps all round.

Last edited:
Funniest thing I seen in a while
It was on the Johns show straight after the game as Jake and Tom were heading to the sheds after skinning a 1 point win
He was still so hyper and said he was just relieved to get any win so he didn't have to face the wrath of Des and also the win will save another break out of cold sores 😅
He was just so jittery with nervous energy, it shows his passion which has never been in doubt, but if I didn't know Jake was a cleanskin, you would think there was more to it
Anyways, if you get a chance, have a watch - 100% will enjoy

He's just a big kid. You can't help but love him. In this day and age of overpaid selfentitled sports Stars. You have a down to earth kid who just loves footy......he's a legend
There is no fan in the game that doesn’t like Jake. Which is unusual for non Manly fans who generally hate our players. The only one comparable is the great Beaver who was universally liked.

Jake just strikes me as the type of bloke you'd want as your best mate.

Poor Tommy couldn't get a word in edgewise. @:D

Never seen anyone so happy to get a win. Good on him. He played his guts out....as usual.

what wasnt to love, Jaaaake

I also thought it was a little concerning. it looked like youthful enthusiasm but he mentioned the stress. he needs a hand

what wasnt to love, Jaaaake

I also thought it was a little concerning. it looked like youthful enthusiasm but he mentioned the stress. he needs a hand
Jake is such a passionate player though, he reeve's up the guys even when we're 20 in front. Des would be the main cause of stress, that's the way he's always coached. Wouldn't want it any other way tbh.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8