The Jurbo Journal - (just a really nice Jake thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who should be Manly's captain (from now) ?

• DCE

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Jake T

Votes: 55 70.5%

• Total voters
come on you lot it was an easy listen. the last thing we need is more boring PC content. I think the boys got a huge amount out of the Turbros. Jake always likes a yarn but Tommy can be a little more reserved most of the time.

Its 2 die hard fans talking ****. love it.
Only problem I have with your post is the word ‘we’ in “the last thing we need”. Word needs to be ‘I’.
As you were then ...

They say you learn something new every day and I've just learnt a few more things about the Turbos. Language aside, that was excellent viewing.

Arko's favourite Sea Eagle (currently)

That’s a fair acknowledgement from one of the most astute in the game ( still).

Not really sure how we get the most value out of him. Most other teams since 2020 have fast and dynamic locks, but Jake isn't that...

I have to hope this isn't his ceiling.

Jake isn’t having the effect on a game like he did in 2018 / 2019, the hard hitting tackling technique used to dislodge the ball from the ball carrier a couple of times a game, now it’s a rare occurrence.

His running of the ball has almost come to a standstill, very rarely bends the line.

He can tackle and pass the ball.

Jake isn’t having the effect on a game like he did in 2018 / 2019, the hard hitting tackling technique used to dislodge the ball from the ball carrier a couple of times a game, now it’s a rare occurrence.

His running of the ball has almost come to a standstill, very rarely bends the line.

He can tackle and pass the ball.
I guess he's such a dependable tackler/defender in the middle, you tend to forget the rest.

I guess he's such a dependable tackler/defender in the middle, you tend to forget the rest.
He's dependable but ill-disciplined and slow.

I really like Jake but in terms of rugby league he needs an exorcism \ cleansing \ change

I kid you not, if he had a different name and had zero reputation 90% of us would be saying that he hits hard in defence but lays in the ruck, plays the ball slow, never bends the line, struggles to get square at marker in time and stifles our attack.

He simply needs less minutes. He still has the potential to be valuable, but at the moment he is a liability masked by the fact he has a cool brother and a good one-on-one tackling technique. Tackling skill doesn't neccessarily relate to the ability to read a play, and that was evident today when he let in that try without even marking anyone or thinking in advance.

I don't know what we are getting from keeping him at lock. Why is he there? What is the gain? I see none for Manly and none for Jake. It is simply because it is where he has always been, that he is there. It would be too weird to ask him to play a different role. Why!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jake is s as heart on legs
Cam Murray is the prototype lock in the modern game
Jake saves Manly embarrassment often in defence and can be a good option playing 1 off the ruck as a ball player but he has no more agility than the average prop....
Besides Jake and Keppie with the odd sprinkle of Olakau'atu, there is zero sting in the defence....not his fault, is on a salary his heart earns, but his ability does not

Last edited:
Jake is s as heart on legs
Cam Murray is the prototype lock in the modern game
Jake saves Manly embarrassment often in defence and can be a good option playing 1 off the ruck as a ball player but he has no more agility than the average prop....
Besides Jake and Keppie with the odd sprinkle of Olakau'atu, there is zero sting in the defence....not his fault, is on a salary his heart earns, but his ability does not
Is he over paid......yeah
If he continues to be link man, this affects bis actual ball playing which i think he is better at than playing first receiver if that makes sense. I think he is better when he engages the defenders and slips a ball as opposed to the defence watching him run sideways and wait until he links

With a bit more team confidence i see lawnton as our cam murray lock, just needs a bit more presence and to be elevated in the pecking order a bit

Get a hooker and croker to bench as utility when walker goes

I adore the man. But he is pretty much Aiden tolman these days only more Ill-disciplined.

His penalties are a killer and he looks pretty pedestrian on both sides of the footy.

Some of the issue I suspect is coaching. So hopefully he can get something back to add to his heart, desire and commitment to the cause.

It’s pretty sad really

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11