The Joel Thompson Thread (Any Off-topic discussion will be deleted)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
From the stats and the matches I have seen this year Joel is a more dynamic back rower than Frank . Above all he is also a more consistent performer .
He started this year with a bang, I saw a couple fo Sainst games and was very impressed.
The main quality he'd bring is NRL experience, he has 174 games under his belt and none of our blokes have anything like that number. He plays many games every year so he is durable, good pickup if it comes off.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
Saints are an absolute screw up.
I get that they want to make room for Graham who is a prop and was the leader of the dogs.
But to do so by offloading Thompson makes no sense to me.
I would unload 3 lesser types before I got rid of him.
He is so important to their team on and off the field and the fans love him.
They are getting rid of their glue.
Their loss is definitely our gain if this happens.

Tomay

Bencher
Perfect pick up for us. He will slot in to our weakest position (edge backrower) and can be relied upon to perform solidly. He won't and doesn't need to be a star, just needs to make his tackles and hit holes inside the opponents 20 - Thompson is the perfect fit. I would take him over Klemmer (provided the money isn't the same) with Jake in the middle.

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Great signing if true , certainly left field but very astute, nice work TBaz and The Immortal .And if they can ice Moylan , get Tom Wright game time next year iether wing or centre , blood Sipley and Tent? then we r looking good for 2018.After that maybe they can have a crack at world peace and old mate in North Korea Kim Jung and sort him out
Go Manly!!!

Fluffy

Journey Man
His tweets have a lot of smoke around it, screams there are dealings happening but nothing worked out yet.

Could be a very solid signing if it does work out.

winnyason

Bencher
Yeah very good footballer. Tough player we need watched him this year few times and thought he a hard prick.
Saints fans emotion suggests he would be a loss

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
What I like most about Joel is that he never goes missing in action . He is always involved in the game . He thrives in the action

Aussie Battler

Reserve Grader
When I looked at where Saints were going to score points against us this year I kept on thinking about Thompson. Of course they went on to score close to 100 against us in 2 games, so I most probably should have been a bit broader in my thinking. Massive signing but if true.

MightyEagles

Reserve Grader
No one seems to have reacted to this yet. Thoughts guys? I think it means **** all, players always deny rumours. Although then again I'm not oblivious to the fact this is a rumour
Someone asked him if he wanted to stay? He said "Of course I do but it doesn't always work that way". Sounds like he may be coming

Mataiforever

Bencher
Strange. He's a backrower isn't he? Could you play him at prop?

Wonder who gets shifted to make way - assuming Winterstein back to bench or NSW Cup?
i might get annexed for this but i really didn't rate sironen this year, i feel winterstein is much more deserved of his spot.
sironens defence just wasn't good enough, he made cherry evans take too many tackles and tired him out. plus wintersteins ball running is much more damaging... sironen doesn't have the best running game

a back row of thompson, wintersteing and jake would be scary, the missing link to a title chase is a quality backrower, and we may have him in thompson

D

Deleted member 26876

i might get annexed for this but i really didn't rate sironen this year, i feel winterstein is much more deserved of his spot.
sironens defence just wasn't good enough, he made cherry evans take too many tackles and tired him out. plus wintersteins ball running is much more damaging... sironen doesn't have the best running game

a back row of thompson, wintersteing and jake would be scary, the missing link to a title chase is a quality backrower, and we may have him in thompson
I reckon Siro had a huge impact for us (good one). His injury coincided with our form slump

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member

We will agree to disagree :)
Back row
Jake
Sirro
Joel
The magnificent Manly 3 .

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 40 22