The Joel Thompson Thread (Any Off-topic discussion will be deleted)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Wow, this really stunned me, would be a great signing, one second-rower we've been searching for for a while (other than Siro)

Now let's finalise baz re-signing and Moylan signing and we'll compete heavily next season

Whatever i said on another thread about signing Klemmer FORGET IT.
Yeah I just felt that was unlikely to come off due to the fact the dogs have no real good replacements. However, I didn't see his friendship with woods as a reason for him to stay as he is good friends with Jake Trbo as well, although I just couldn't understand why the dogs would let him go regardless of cap pressure. Would still absolutely love him to come although I think that ship must've sailed once des got sacked

Yeah I just felt that was unlikely to come off due to the fact the dogs have no real good replacements. However, I didn't see his friendship with woods as a reason for him to stay as he is good friends with Jake Trbo as well, although I just couldn't understand why the dogs would let him go regardless of cap pressure. Would still absolutely love him to come although I think that ship must've sailed once des got sacked
Well thats the reason id think we'd snare him because Des is gone . Wait n see i suppose.

Very good back-rower, in fact is right up there with the Origin and Australian Players in stats!

Screenshot 2017-09-22 15.59.03.png

Tweet from him just now

I'm 100% not sure if I'm leaving.. I'll let you guys know when I find out what's happening .. I've been bush & only returned to all this

Tweet from him just now

I'm 100% not sure if I'm leaving.. I'll let you guys know when I find out what's happening .. I've been bush & only returned to all this
No one seems to have reacted to this yet. Thoughts guys? I think it means **** all, players always deny rumours. Although then again I'm not oblivious to the fact this is a rumour

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we have a good history of players who like going bush... (actually come to think of it, i like going bush myself...)

No one seems to have reacted to this yet. Thoughts guys?
GORRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm actually a big Thompson fan. Always have him in the centres for Supercoach.

As for Frankie - look I'm not one for cliches but he's honest as the day is long. At his age he is what he is. If you can upgrade the talent level there then go for it. It gives us 13 that if everyone plays not up to potential, but just their accepted levels, we're top 8. If you chuck Moylan in who I hate as a Panther but would love in our 6, that's the best 1-13 in the comp. And you're going to get a couple of good years out of everyone in that 13.

While everybody is dropping Big Frankie Winterstein ..... I'll put a casual lobster on Frank not only keeping his spot .... but having a super 2018.

Reckon you could play Thompson at prop? Unsure what we'd do.

I dont understand what he means by his tweet can someone explain? Is he saying he is staying or has no idea whats going on?

Replied to Thompson's tweet on twitter. All The Dragons fans are telling and begging him to stay. My comment:

On the flipside, we'd love you at Manly mate ! Look how Brent Kite went onto bigger and better things ! You'll play origin for sure.
Persuade him Ryan, unless that is, he has already been persuaded.. Who wouldn't want to come to manly. Great logo, colours, mentality, stadium (i ****ing love it anyway), winning culture, backs against the walls ****.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8