The "I miss T-Rex" Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GE can you please apply some of your problem solving to Nth Korea. You did such a good job turning 35 pages into 8!

Ultimate News LTD. failure.

Manly Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler says Tony Williams will become the $600,000 monster he bought

James Hooper
The Sunday Telegraph
April 07, 2013 12:00AM

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-coach-des-hasler-says-tony-williams-will-become-the-600000-monster-he-bought/story-e6frexp9-1226613991306

Guess the need for editors is gone these days.

alot of different opinions here but the way i see it , Manly produces good players and sooner than later other clubs want a bite at our success ( hence scumdogs ).

without sarcasm , wasnt re - signing Brett alittle issue with the nrl not long ago ???
re-signed DCE,foran ,balin,matai... something had to budge and i guess manly knew what they were doing , that new young prop lawrence " buy of the year "

t-rex had to go and we recently heard kite is moving on ... unfortunately thats what happens with salary cap... i rather see something like that happen rather than manly losing premierships later on because of salary cap faults...

he is out of form , but he finds it he can be damaging... i still like him i actually bumped into him on melbourne cup day at randwick last year he said 2 things that i remember that day..

1. he loves manly and his team mates but the money was too good to knock back.
2. watmough is one of the best forwards in the game and he couldnt believe how many pain killers he took through the year because of his injuries just to play the game...

if brett kite doesnt do well at penrith next year , are we going to give to him as well ???

RE: Ultimate News LTD. failure.

MWSE said:
Manly Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler says Tony Williams will become the $600,000 monster he bought

James Hooper
The Sunday Telegraph
April 07, 2013 12:00AM

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-coach-des-hasler-says-tony-williams-will-become-the-600000-monster-he-bought/story-e6frexp9-1226613991306

Guess the need for editors is gone these days.

The failure isn't the mistake in the headline it's the whole story hahahaha.

manlyfan76 said:
GE can you please apply some of your problem solving to Nth Korea. You did such a good job turning 35 pages into 8!

User CP--->Edit options--->Thread View options--->Fix North Korea

Done!

Rex said:
For mine, the turning point in T-Rex's form was his back injury in SOO last year. Despite this, Manly showed T-Rex plenty of respect on Friday. They continually swarmed defensive numbers onto him. More than onto any other Dogs player.

The rule changes and different interpretations this year don't favour T-Rex - and may similarly turn many huge power forwards into dinosaurs. Forwards like big George, Kasiano and Pritchard.

This hatred thread is irrelevant. T-Rex is no longer Manly, and the Dog trolls are self-combusting without us needing to say or do anything.

To me, the turning point for T-Rex's form was his long suspension for his cartwheel throw of that Sharks player and then the back injury that he got in the SOO game just after his suspension was just the icing on the cake. Ever since then, it's like he is both scared to get injured again and scared to get suspended again for putting on a big hit in case it goes wrong.

Im not in either camp of defending him or taunting him.I niether feel sorry for him or get any real kick out of bagging him at a personal,abusive level BUT fans defintely have a right to criticise his performance in a sporting sense.

Pretty simple really.He is a professional football player who earns an extreme amount of money at a famous football club.He is paid to perform at a high level,his coach's record makes for great reading,he is fit and healthy and apparently the club spares no expense in terms of facilities and player preparation.

His performance and attitude has been at best inept thus far. That shot of him lumbering in front of Reynolds on the last play spoke of a bloke seriously lacking form and motivation.

The brutal reality in professional sport is you perform or perish so over to you Tony.You have great natural talent so go out there and use it and the criticism will stop.No excuses,no big pre match talk-walk the walk!

susan said:
Im not in either camp of defending him or taunting him.I niether feel sorry for him or get any real kick out of bagging him at a personal,abusive level

so your on the fence LOL

I will never knock Kitey, players at the end of the careers going somewhere else for a big money finish is just fine by me, for example has anyone on knocked Beaver for what he's done????

But players such as Dogkinson / She Rex / Lussick are " fair game" for a bit of tongue in cheek banter as they have all gone for the money and nothing else, and as is usually the case NEVER succeed in their new club!!

the mauler said:
Heard Zorba on the radio this morning and he said Trex has some off field personal issues. Very interesting.

But he is at the Bulldogs and they can fix personal issues, no matter how big, in just three weeks. The season has been going for five. There's more to it.
Oh and well done Zorba for getting the inside info from your favourite club.

globaleagle said:
Clint said:
psau14 said:
Time to stop this thread.

35 pages of hatred on an ex manly player is ridiculous. He won a premiership with us and left for $. So be it.

He is the scumdogs problem now; not ours to report on every game he plays. Stop acting like the grubs on the dirty flea bitten kebab site - hes not our player anymore.

Well said mate.

If you change your settings it's only 8 pages if that makes everyone feel better.

LOL, i was thinking the same thing.

Daniel said:
Watching that 2011 clip he rarely syarted from a standing start right in feont of the d.

He sat back a fair few metres and hit the line at speed he somehow decided to start to try to just push people out of the way instead.

If he figures out his position and deoth again he will be devastating again

I watched the clip and came up with the same opinion. He was playing very wide in those games and had plenty of depth to hit the line at speed. He had a lot more energy. He is far too flat and players are swamping him before he hits any momentum.

COMMANDER said:
Yep, remember 2011. What a great year and T REX was a massive part of it.

Look back on him fondly rather than death riding him.
I agree completely. I watch that video and see the good things he did for us as well as the fact he looked happy. I'm not ashamed to admit I've got some compassion for others and don't want to see genuinely good people having a hard time. I'd love to still have him playing for us but we couldn't afford him at his market value.

Anyway, as others have said.... I think this thread should be closed.

There was a really ironic moment in Friday nights game when Williams took the ball flat footed & was pushed back 3 metres.
Next set Manly get the ball & Fa'aso steams onto the ball carrying Williams & 2 otther fowards down the field for 10 metres.
Not gunna pretend to have the answer to Williams ordinary form but know 2 things - he is now attacking the right side where at Manly he was attacking the left fringes.
The way to MAKE him run onto the ball is drifting across at an angle & turning him inside so he is moving, like Foz done on many occasions.
Bottom line is he looks disinterested.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10