The 'General Off-Topic Discussion, Banter, Arguments & Hopefully Some Mediation' Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And when did I name you in that @Rex ????

General comment at the state of this thread over the last month, never named one single member!!

But if you want to **** off, then yes **** off, I won’t loose much sleep as a result!

If any god was actually real than surely no other religons would exist, people wouldn't need faith because there would be an end to suffering and evil.

Well Mark, I agree and this dickhead is gone. One less for you to worry about. I'm done. Manlyal hit the nail on the head about respect, the lack of any basic respect, or common human decency, in many postings here.

I totally get why Susan disappeared from this site. Unlike me, he was a huge loss. Like me he was a (very) long term poster and Manly tragic. We both go back to the early days under different monikers, his far more clever than mine.

Banter and intelligent debate are polar opposites of name calling, divisiveness and outright nastiness. Nastiness dressed in clever humour, diversions and rationalisations remains lipstick on a pig.

I will await the inevitable applause from Woodsie & TerryRandall (and co?) that another 'leftie' (in their inanely simplistic left/right worldview) has been killed off. Congrats guys.
Probably should have been a bit more specific in my post with the reference to a couple of posters and personal abuse and should have emphasized that they are now suspended or benched . So regrettable that this has been transposed to a dick head reference in Mark from Brisbane 's post and for you to assume that he was referencing you . Actually I have a vague impression that he was actually having a go at me . // not that it would concern me in any way . Anyway i think it has been a case of mistaken offence in your case . seems like you are a long termer and i am sure with plenty to still offer here . I over reacted to a unfavorable reference to me some time ago and with a bit of sound advice just got on with it . I am sure that you are big enough and resilient enough to still be part of the activity here if you wish to . B T W just in my seven or so months here i would not consider Woodsie in any unfavorable light , a straight shooter but a pretty informative and impressive contributor . So i am not familiar with you Rex , but do not let or allow any misunderstanding to influence you to give this place a miss , when that is all it actually was .

Rex, I could go back and dig out any number of posts from your good self which are prime examples of the name calling divisiveness you now purport to abhor. You might fool some, but I won't forget you flat out calling me a racist and then not having the good grace to retract when I asked you too. Your moralizing virtue signaling doesn't wash with me old son.
Come on Igor , Lets forgive and forget . We all have our moments .
At the end of the day we are all Sea eagles mate .
To be the best person is to be the most gracious one .
Your a good guy . I like your posts .
s-l300.jpg

Probably should have been a bit more specific in my post with the reference to a couple of posters and personal abuse and should have emphasized that they are now suspended or benched . So regrettable that this has been transposed to a dick head reference in Mark from Brisbane 's post and for you to assume that he was referencing you . Actually I have a vague impression that he was actually having a go at me . // not that it would concern me in any way . Anyway i think it has been a case of mistaken offence in your case . seems like you are a long termer and i am sure with plenty to still offer here . I over reacted to a unfavorable reference to me some time ago and with a bit of sound advice just got on with it . I am sure that you are big enough and resilient enough to still be part of the activity here if you wish to . B T W just in my seven or so months here i would not consider Woodsie in any unfavorable light , a straight shooter but a pretty informative and impressive contributor . So i am not familiar with you Rex , but do not let or allow any misunderstanding to influence you to give this place a miss , when that is all it actually was .
General comment mate as to how the place has gone to **** in the off season.

No one referenced , and certainly NOT you!

I like your posts by the way.

For anyone else offended by my Dick Head comments , it was simply referencing that during the off season some of the members go “ feral” and make dickhead comments.

I did not mention a name and certainly not @manly al and most certainly not @Rex

If you’ve taken offence by the comments then all I can say is “ harden the **** up”.

For anyone else offended by my Dick Head comments , it was simply referencing that during the off season some of the members go “ feral” and make dickhead comments.

I did not mention a name and certainly not @manly al and most certainly not @Rex

If you’ve taken offence by the comments then all I can say is “ harden the **** up”.
You have been posting here for years and we should all know where your coming from . All good feathered friend

Spot on. We should all harden the **** up. How the hell should we expect our beloved sea-eagles to kick some arse on the footy field week in week out when we sook like babies on this forum.

All good Mark . I just felt a little uneasy one of my posts may have caused some unnecessary issues . Admire your stoicism with your family situation now and of course always am impressed with the good example that you do set here . Probably i should have given posting a miss early this afternoon and started picking some mangoes on my place , then spending the rest of the afternoon and early evening at the beach a little bit earlier .

There’s some very smart people on here, and a fair few dickheads, and a few smart dickheads.

I figure I'm in one of these categories, but I can't work out which one.

If I can't work it out, then I must not be smart. Therefore I can't be in category 1 or 3, so I must be 2.

But, hang on, now I have worked it out, so I could in fact be in category
1 or 3.

But if I haven't even managed to rule out any options then surely
I can't be smart....

@Mark from Brisbane are you being a nark again?

Wow all that went places I wasn't expecting.

The post, ironically, was actually firstly based on me calling me a dickhead for getting sucked into Woodsie's barbs all last offseason. It was only a reply to Mark because he happened to be the one who brought up the topic of the offseason rubbish. I certainly had no intent of saying anything about Mark there, except that I agree with him, and to take responsibility for my part in that rubbish.

I had a view about why the forum was not working for me, and it seems I am also not working for the forum. Square pegs, round holes and all. So my decision to leave is best for all. Cheers,

Wow all that went places I wasn't expecting.

The post, ironically, was actually firstly based on me calling me a dickhead for getting sucked into Woodsie's barbs all last offseason. It was only a reply to Mark because he happened to be the one who brought up the topic of the offseason rubbish. I certainly had no intent of saying anything about Mark there, except that I agree with him, and to take responsibility for my part in that rubbish.

I had a view about why the forum was not working for me, and it seems I am also not working for the forum. Square pegs, round holes and all. So my decision to leave is best for all. Cheers,
Birds of a feather stick together . Stick around Rex , your part of the maroon and white Manly Sea eagles !!!

Birds of a feather stick together . Stick around Rex , your part of the maroon and white Manly Sea eagles !!!
Thanks mate.

But my time is indeed up. Well and truly.

Sometimes something has to give for team balance and harmony. Woodsie is seen by too many people here as the key playmaker, and he has had it in for me since I first challenged him in the Steve Mortimer son thread. He has refused all my offers to work things out in private, so there is no path forward together.

Don't get out of kilter thinking you don't fit "the mould" and vanish Rex. You think the way you do based on what you have garnished from YOUR life experiences and vantage points. We all do.

Everyone's views are important, whether it be for each other individual to form an opinion of us and then choose to disagree, agree with, or heaven forbid, make us think outside our own little box.

Yeah, some people are just plain sad dickheads but you don't appear to me to be one.
Almost exclusively, the brightest people I have met in my life were all a little bit square peg round hole. You may not be one of those either, but you are in good company.

Thanks mate.

Sometimes something has to give for team balance and harmony. Woodsie is seen by too many people here as the key playmaker, and he has had it in for me since I first challenged him in the Steve Mortimer son thread. He has refused all my offers to work things out in private, so there is no path forward together.
Team balance is when we have every ones views including yours Rex .
I don't get on well with Woodsie either but I am sure he has a good side like everyone does .
What makes this forum great is all the different characters on here including you Rex , so please don't go .

Rex, I could go back and dig out any number of posts from your good self which are prime examples of the name calling divisiveness you now purport to abhor. You might fool some, but I won't forget you flat out calling me a racist and then not having the good grace to retract when I asked you too. Your moralizing virtue signaling doesn't wash with me old son.
I don't recall calling you racist TR. So, yes, dig up that post so I know what I actually said in context. I do recall saying to you that we are all racist, even when we think we are not, a fact confirmed by research. Is that what you are outraged about?

I assume from your outrage that you believe you are not racist at all, a total clean-skin. And would be ashamed if you were racist. Good-oh. Nice to hear of your virtue. Sounds awfully leftie of you Terry.

Thanks mate.

Why do you give a sht what Woodsie ( or anyone else ) thinks about your posts anyway?
You type an opinion, they reply. If you don't want to argue the point then don't.
No one remember who was arguing what after a few days anyway, if they ever cared in the first place.

I swear people take this internet thing waaaaay too personally.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6