The 'General Off-Topic Discussion, Banter, Arguments & Hopefully Some Mediation' Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks mate.

But my time is indeed up. Well and truly.

Sometimes something has to give for team balance and harmony. Woodsie is seen by too many people here as the key playmaker, and he has had it in for me since I first challenged him in the Steve Mortimer son thread. He has refused all my offers to work things out in private, so there is no path forward together.
Ah Rex, there are two posters on here who used to wait for me to post something then jump right on with something negative to say. It's eased up a bit now but I know they're dickheads, even though there are plenty on here who really like them. Go figure.
But there's a whole bunch of really great people here who I just adore. Worth staying around for. I hope you eventually feel the same, though I can see how it can really get you down.
Hope to see you again around here Rex.

Listen (or should I say read) guys. This forum is a fun place to be, and its a great way to get to know stuff about the game and the Sea Eagles club. But golly gosh we're all not stamped with the same brush (is that a mixed metaphor...s..t I've got to get back to those English classes).

Thing is we're all different and vive la difference otherwise this forum would be dead boring. But something I learned a long way back...and yes I'm bl..dy old. We all have travelled different paths in life and where we're at is no less valued than where anyone else is at. There are no absolutes and no ultimate truths. All we've got is where we're at, at the present, and that's just as important as where anyone else is at.

The great thing about travelling different paths is that when we meet, we get to learn things from a different perspective. You're no better in that respect than the next guy, you're just seeing things differently.

Thing is everyone has something to contribute, and none of it, no matter what you may think, is without value. Everything adds to the composite whole of knowledge.

That is why to put down what someone else who has something to offer is just plain myopic. What do we have to fear listening or reading an alternative view. The other person just may have something of great value to you.

I've always been taught that debate is the mental food of society. But that's debate challenging the alternate views, not challenging the person who expresses them. That person reached that point after years of thought and there are strong reasons why they came to that point. The issue's discussed expose us to different points of view and that is imperative for growth. Challenge a point but never dismiss it. And to attack the person expressing an alternative view point, is to demonstrate you're unable to effectively challenge the argument and you're thinking putting down the person expressing it wins the argument. It doesn't. You lose.

So please guys for the sake of good healthy debate, lets respect everyone's point of view regarding issues and avoid put downs. That's just dumb thinking.

Rex, I could go back and dig out any number of posts from your good self which are prime examples of the name calling divisiveness you now purport to abhor.
What an outstanding claim Terry.

Pity, as everyone knew would happen, when challenged you couldn't back up your shoot-from-the-hip fiction with even one example. Been taking training again from your right-wing hero, Trump?

All I can say is I am humbled at the realisation of how much of an influence I have been in Rex's life.
As you should be Woodsie. I am indeed grateful.

You launched your vitriolic attacks and name calling first at a young kid, Turbo. How brave of you. Turbo, by the way has been an absolutely wonderful addition to the site. Like young Harry who arrived at a similar time. Turbo ignoring you showed his class, and your continued and extended attacks on the young kid showed your lack of class.

Anyway, I then dared challenge you on a single posting in the Steve Mortimer son thread. Obviously taboo for the great one to be challenged on his statements of absolute truth. It was quite amusing having you chase me around calling me names over the following months. And amusing watching you forming coalitions with the anti-gay Jesus crowd, apparently because you didn't feel capable to handle it alone. I decided to welcome your attacks, and just name the tactics you were using. I liked your standard 'dribbler' line, but was disappointed you gave that moniker to everyone else on your hit list as well. You really do need to get some new lines.

It seems I eventually wore you down by standing my ground and welcoming your increasingly feeble attacks, because you said you put me on your ignore list. And you did indeed not post any more. Victory. Some months later TerryRandall emboldened you to join him. Amazing how getting into a gang emboldens like alcohol. I guess you need some random target to gang attack during the offseason, and Ryan and Bozo and Terry's obsession with 'lefties' obviously weren't satisfying enough for you.

Trouble is, Terry is more feeble at attacking than you, so he's not much use. His overwhelming hatred gets in the way of clear thinking. And you had already successfully conditioned me to accept whatever you threw. You helped me see how meaningless the attacks are. Again, I say thank you for that.

Now the problem is that I am bored with your mundane offerings. And it is understandable that others are sick of the non-footy rubbish - as I am. And IMO it drags down the site to Kennel, Vermin and Worm standards. Lol @Manly stuff. I expect you will replace me with another target of abuse, of course, so it may go on.

Strange thing is that you and Terry both have wicked senses of humour. Piss in my pants funny. And I greatly share your distaste of the attacks on Manly players and officials. Just not the way to deal with it. Take out the vindictiveness and you would both be unambiguously wonderful to be around. But I guess we all carry our scars. Thank you for helping me with mine.

I see you are terrified that the mods might rein in your freedoms to attack. They already have with the two who simply mimicked your vindictive namecalling tactics. And they have a duty of care. Big worry, eh? Anyway that is for the mods to decide. Victory for you and Terry that I am going for good. But the pain that causes you to attack still remains.

I wish you both well, and naturally you won't believe it, but I am quite fond of you both.

Can you create a list and put them in the 3 categorie
seinfeld.jpg

As you should be Woodsie. I am indeed grateful.

You launched your vitriolic attacks and name calling first at a young kid, Turbo. How brave of you. Turbo, by the way has been an absolutely wonderful addition to the site. Like young Harry who arrived at a similar time. Turbo ignoring you showed his class, and your continued and extended attacks on the young kid showed your lack of class.

Anyway, I then dared challenge you on a single posting in the Steve Mortimer son thread. Obviously taboo for the great one to be challenged on his statements of absolute truth. It was quite amusing having you chase me around calling me names over the following months. And amusing watching you forming coalitions with the anti-gay Jesus crowd, apparently because you didn't feel capable to handle it alone. I decided to welcome your attacks, and just name the tactics you were using. I liked your standard 'dribbler' line, but was disappointed you gave that moniker to everyone else on your hit list as well. You really do need to get some new lines.

It seems I eventually wore you down by standing my ground and welcoming your increasingly feeble attacks, because you said you put me on your ignore list. And you did indeed not post any more. Victory. Some months later TerryRandall emboldened you to join him. Amazing how getting into a gang emboldens like alcohol. I guess you need some random target to gang attack during the offseason, and Ryan and Bozo and Terry's obsession with 'lefties' obviously weren't satisfying enough for you.

Trouble is, Terry is more feeble at attacking than you, so he's not much use. His overwhelming hatred gets in the way of clear thinking. And you had already successfully conditioned me to accept whatever you threw. You helped me see how meaningless the attacks are. Again, I say thank you for that.

Now the problem is that I am bored with your mundane offerings. And it is understandable that others are sick of the non-footy rubbish - as I am. And IMO it drags down the site to Kennel, Vermin and Worm standards. Lol @Manly stuff. I expect you will replace me with another target of abuse, of course, so it may go on.

Strange thing is that you and Terry both have wicked senses of humour. Piss in my pants funny. And I greatly share your distaste of the attacks on Manly players and officials. Just not the way to deal with it. Take out the vindictiveness and you would both be unambiguously wonderful to be around. But I guess we all carry our scars. Thank you for helping me with mine.

I see you are terrified that the mods might rein in your freedoms to attack. They already have with the two who simply mimicked your vindictive namecalling tactics. And they have a duty of care. Big worry, eh? Anyway that is for the mods to decide. Victory for you and Terry that I am going for good. But the pain that causes you to attack still remains.

I wish you both well, and naturally you won't believe it, but I am quite fond of you both.
Terry attacking me by calling me you in many, many threads shows just how weak and simple minded he is. at first i laughed at him but then i realised how simple he was and now feel sorry for him.
Cheers @Rex enjoyed your input over the years.

Thanks mate.

But my time is indeed up. Well and truly.

Sometimes something has to give for team balance and harmony. Woodsie is seen by too many people here as the key playmaker, and he has had it in for me since I first challenged him in the Steve Mortimer son thread. He has refused all my offers to work things out in private, so there is no path forward together.

There is some deep, ****ed up **** happening in this thread. Far beyond the comprehension of a proud sausage roll eating dummy like me. I thought we all supported the same team doesn't that mean we have a common cause?

Rex at the end of the day we are all dickheads in common or simply common dickheads, that DO have common cause in our unwavering support of the Sea Eagles. This forum seems to be rebalancing itself a bit lately (to the good). Perhaps through organic evolution, the peak Silvertails Forum dickheadness, that was well and truly apparent to even the most simple of our fellow "Manly dickheads", will continue to be "managed" and suppressed if necessary by the mods in the future. By the way there is always a path forward.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6