The Exclusive Member's Zone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ha, now that's something to look forward to, it will be absolute melt down!!

Round 1: Manly v Eels (Loss)
Round 2: Manly v Souths (Loss)
Round 3: Cowboys v Manly (Loss)
Round 4: Manly v Bulldogs (Loss)
Round 5: Roosters v Manly (Loss)
Round 6: Dragons v Manly (Win)
Round 7: Manly v Storm (Loss)
Round 8: Raiders v Manly (Loss)
Round 9: Souths v Manly (Loss)
Round 10: Manly v Brisbane (Loss) - Home game at Suncorp

I agree the above predictions are definitely worst case and are a pessimistic outlook. Even though we have home games at the "bouncy castle" it's definitely a tough draw to start the year. If the results are as predicted then a full melt down on here and the sacking of Barrett by end of May if things aren't better than the above.

We do have a new look team again and we are going to hear the same old excuses of it will take time for the team to gel ..... my fear is that by the time they start to gel the season will be gone.

I agree the above predictions are definitely worst case and are a pessimistic outlook. Even though we have home games at the "bouncy castle" it's definitely a tough draw to start the year. If the results are as predicted then a full melt down on here and the sacking of Barrett by end of May if things aren't better than the above.

We do have a new look team again and we are going to hear the same old excuses of it will take time for the team to gel ..... my fear is that by the time they start to gel the season will be gone.

That wouldn't be meltdown , that would be Hiroshima mark2!

I do however agree it's an incredibly hard first 10 rounds, and yes we won't recover from it which is why I'm suggesting we are at best 10th, or otherwise somewhere down to about 14th.

I think the one thing we have going is no one is going to give us a chance, and most of the sides would be looking at the draw and pencilling in a certain 2 points.

If and that is a very big IF, the coaching staff can gel this side into playing as a team ( remember there is no "I" in team ) I think we might take a few by surprise.

We cannot expect this to happen in round 1, or perhaps even round 2-4, but after a month together, injuries aside, I think we might surprise.

A say 3/10 would be about what I'd expect, anything better is an incredible effort, 1/10, or even 0/10 is an abject failure and I'd suggest we'd have an interim coach by then pending the arrival of ( God help us) De$ in 2018.

Round 1: Manly v Eels (Loss) - first game we will be rusty with new combinations
Round 2: Manly v Souths (Win) - I don't rate Souths at all and they have lost Keary
Round 4: Manly v Bulldogs (Win) - time to stop the rot. We would have built some combos by then and they haven't addressed their lack of attacking options over the off-season
Round 5: Roosters v Manly (Win) - 50/50 game
Round 9: Souths v Manly (Win) - as per above, I think Souths will miss the 8

I would be happy with this outcome to start the year - 50% win rate whilst we are getting our combos sorted. We would then need to up that to 60% for the back-end of the season to make the 8.

I do however agree it's an incredibly hard first 10 rounds, and yes we won't recover from it which is why I'm suggesting we are at best 10th, or otherwise somewhere down to about 14th.

I think the one thing we have going is no one is going to give us a chance, and most of the sides would be looking at the draw and pencilling in a certain 2 points.

If and that is a very big IF, the coaching staff can gel this side into playing as a team ( remember there is no "I" in team ) I think we might take a few by surprise.

We cannot expect this to happen in round 1, or perhaps even round 2-4, but after a month together, injuries aside, I think we might surprise.

A say 3/10 would be about what I'd expect, anything better is an incredible effort, 1/10, or even 0/10 is an abject failure and I'd suggest we'd have an interim coach by then pending the arrival of ( God help us) De$ in 2018.
My problem with the interim coach is it will be Cartwright!

I'

I'm the same I can see us
Round 1: Manly v Eels (Loss) - first game we will be rusty with new combinations
Round 2: Manly v Souths (Win) - I don't rate Souths at all and they have lost Keary
Round 4: Manly v Bulldogs (Win) - time to stop the rot. We would have built some combos by then and they haven't addressed their lack of attacking options over the off-season
Round 5: Roosters v Manly (Win) - 50/50 game
Round 9: Souths v Manly (Win) - as per above, I think Souths will miss the 8

I would be happy with this outcome to start the year - 50% win rate whilst we are getting our combos sorted. We would then need to up that to 60% for the back-end of the season to make the 8.

I couldn't argue with that. I can't imagine we will be as bad 1/10 and we should be able to pick up at least 3/10.

But let's not forget that extraordinarily inexplicably quite amazing near magical thing that can happen when our mighty side are out there in their proud maroon and white toughing it out -> the other side play worse than us.:)

(most times we cause it, sometimes fate just smiles upon us)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8