The Exclusive Member's Zone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Memberzone update

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles advise Members that Brett Stewart has not been medically cleared to resume training.

The club is providing its full support as the record try scoring full-back continues his recovery from surgery last year.

Further updates will be provided when the situation changes.

The above appeared in the Snake thread (thanks Mitch) and prompted a teeny rant from me:

I have to say, putting stuff like this in the Exclusive Member's Zone irritates the hell out of me.
It's information that should be available to every fan, rich or poor, country of peninsula, naughty or nice.

I don't have a membership this year because I have no idea whether or not I'll be able to go to any games, such is the year ahead. I'm not going to pay money for a lanyard and a hat at this point, especially when the games I'm most likely to get to are in Auckland and Melbourne.

But this is not about me, it's about the kids in the country, the people who are without jobs or who are stretched to the limit financially, the disabled who can't leave their houses, the elderly etc.

All of these people could be staunch Manly supporters who really love the club but that very club is shutting them out of basic info unless they cough up money to them. And this really is basic info. Not good enough.

I understand those who are members do deserve something, but frankly I'd rather it be more live opportunities like watching training, meet and greets etc. Even the member zone interviews (which I have not much interest in) should probably be on the open site so that kids who are falling in love with the club get to see their heroes and their developing team regardless of their parents financial situation/priorities.
Rant paused.

Yep, they had a pension concession membership last year that isn't available this time round.
I have few mates who were happy to just kick in the 50 bucks to support the club even though they were too far away to attend the games.
It probably sounds trivial but I reckon it's probably made a small dent in the final numbers.

The above appeared in the Snake thread (thanks Mitch) and prompted a teeny rant from me:

I have to say, putting stuff like this in the Exclusive Member's Zone irritates the hell out of me.
It's information that should be available to every fan, rich or poor, country of peninsula, naughty or nice.

I don't have a membership this year because I have no idea whether or not I'll be able to go to any games, such is the year ahead. I'm not going to pay money for a lanyard and a hat at this point, especially when the games I'm most likely to get to are in Auckland and Melbourne.

But this is not about me, it's about the kids in the country, the people who are without jobs or who are stretched to the limit financially, the disabled who can't leave their houses, the elderly etc.

All of these people could be staunch Manly supporters who really love the club but that very club is shutting them out of basic info unless they cough up money to them. And this really is basic info. Not good enough.

I understand those who are members do deserve something, but frankly I'd rather it be more live opportunities like watching training, meet and greets etc. Even the member zone interviews (which I have not much interest in) should probably be on the open site so that kids who are falling in love with the club get to see their heroes and their developing team regardless of their parents financial situation/priorities.
Rant paused.
What a complete and utter crock of sh1t. The cost of membership is about $1.58 per week. I'll wager a bet those very poor souls you describe above still find enough money to buy their carton of grog and perhaps even a pack of ciggies, put in their lotto ticket yada yada. Membership is so damn cheap the only reason people aren't members is because they choose not to be. Don't then blame the club for wanting to provide those who support it financially with a zone where they can get the information a few minutes earlier than those who don't financially support the club.

What a complete and utter crock of sh1t. The cost of membership is about $1.58 per week. I'll wager a bet those very poor souls you describe above still find enough money to buy their carton of grog and perhaps even a pack of ciggies, put in their lotto ticket yada yada. Membership is so damn cheap the only reason people aren't members is because they choose not to be. Don't then blame the club for wanting to provide those who support it financially with a zone where they can get the information a few minutes earlier than those who don't financially support the club.
*spits out mouthful of booze and chokes on lungful of dart*

How dare you @Ralphie!

Actually this is probably like the second time we totally agree on something! @:D@:D@:D

*spits out mouthful of booze and chokes on lungful of dart*

How dare you @Ralphie!

Actually this is probably like the second time we totally agree on something! @:D@:D@:D
You've just ruined my day with that post. If I have agreed with you on something then I must need some serious psychological medical assistance.

Yep. The way the world's headed. Poor people must contribute to the hobbies of the rich.
That's the toxic lefty view. Sorry.
As for the right view: it's dumb business to not encourage people to come to your games by teasing them with access to what they'll get when they make the effort to get off the couch and go through those gates.
And it's not all of Silvertails talking @Loobs , it's the opinion of one. Don't blame everyone else because you think I'm an idiot! @;)

Yep. The way the world's headed. Poor people must contribute to the hobbies of the rich.
As for the right view: it's dumb business to not encourage people to come to your games by teasing them with access to what they'll get when they make the effort to get off the couch and go through those gates.
And it's not all of Silvertails talking @Loobs , it's the opinion of one. Don't blame everyone else because you think I'm an idiot! @;)
BE, I didn't say I thought you were an idiot and I don't. I think the thrust of your post is a crock of sh1t, but you certainly are no idiot.

My cynicism is a disease I have had for many years.

Back to your original post, you know you can come and watch training any time by driving down, dressing in camo and peering through the bushes from the side of the Wakehurst Parkway? The threat of spiders or getting chased away by an overweight Greek dugong is a small price to pay for that kind of access...

Steady on, that's a pretty harsh judgement to be making. Maybe there are people still managing to afford their booze, smokes, gambling - and maybe some are like the family I grew up in.

I didn't go to a game at Brookie until I was 15, working, and could buy the ticket myself. My parents didn't drink, smoke or gamble, but we had plenty of weeks where we were lifting up the furniture so the 20c coins under the legs could buy bread or milk. The only Manly gear I had as a kid was a hand-me-down jersey, until I could buy my own at 16. There was no way we ever could've afforded memberships, not for one kid, let alone 8.

$1.58 per week doesn't sound like much, until you've got nothing at all in your wallet with a week to go til payday.

Steady on, that's a pretty harsh judgement to be making. Maybe there are people still managing to afford their booze, smokes, gambling - and maybe some are like the family I grew up in.

I didn't go to a game at Brookie until I was 15, working, and could buy the ticket myself. My parents didn't drink, smoke or gamble, but we had plenty of weeks where we were lifting up the furniture so the 20c coins under the legs could buy bread or milk. The only Manly gear I had as a kid was a hand-me-down jersey, until I could buy my own at 16. There was no way we ever could've afforded memberships, not for one kid, let alone 8.

$1.58 per week doesn't sound like much, until you've got nothing at all in your wallet with a week to go til payday.
Thank you Yok. My point exactly.
Hope you're all a bit more comfortable now! @:blush:

W
What about the fans that pay to get in the gate every week?pay $6.50 for a warm beer and $7 for some chips for the kids.surely they should get the same info as someone who pays$1.58 a week.

W

What about the fans that pay to get in the gate every week?pay $6.50 for a warm beer and $7 for some chips for the kids.surely they should get the same info as someone who pays$1.58 a week.
What about them? They are making a choice that they are entitled to make, just as those who support many teams in many codes are making a choice, just as those who choose grog, smokes & lotto over other things. I have not and do not criticise ANY of them for making their choice, but you can't criticise the club for excluding them from a members benefit of receiving information about the players a few minutes earlier than the general public.

There has to be some offering that enhances the value proposition for becoming a member and this is part of it. People are making way too much of this Members Zone stuff and it seems to me are very very quick to find fault in EVERYTHING the club does.

But the stuff in the members zone gets published on heaps of other sites, just a day or 2 later. I have yet to use it as its another bloody log in that I have to do, just follow a few other pages and u see it all (or most of the good stuff) anyway.

I guess if people really want the Members Zone " exclusive" info, they could always simply purchase a membership.

Or have no membership, and even more simply, check silvertails.
If its worth knowing it is on this site within minutes anyway.

I mean, seriously, the club could give everyone a free signed jersey and some people would still complain about it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8