The Exclusive Member's Zone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hey fella sea eagle lovers..good to be back on here after visiting relos across my beloved png..nun of them had internet (we are very poor in some areas) and i missed all of the news.

But i caught up with it on this Member Zone thing you are ranteing about.. i think it is funtastic to see and i praise the people at the manly hq for doing this..it gives me plenty of stuff to watch about my sea eagles.

And for those who say membership is too deare, pleaseee..if i can afford it here in 3rd world country, you have no excuse not to become Members..
so for me..Member Zone all the way..cheers bros/sisters from Goanna Pete!!

Your spelling and grammar seems to have taken a remarked down turn during your travels ... not suffering identity issues I hope?

Didn't say it applied to me personally, nor that I was personally insulted by it. I'd say if that's the only contribution you have to make - ad hominem and completely off topic - you're probably missing the point of a 'forum', internet or otherwise.

Nor did I say that you, personally, were insulted.

You may have missed my previous contributions to the subject at hand.

i have nuthing to worry about bra if i go on your pic im looking at...can;'t spell but have a body wiomen here love!!

Well, one of my favourite posters on this forum is gay ... so given that your profile says you are female .. how does the adoring women make you feel?

For a change of pace, let's take a look at this from the club's position. They have limited incentives to offer the members and tempt potential new members. They have to create a point of difference as well as value add to the membership.

Point of difference: I can buy a pretty reasonable cap, most gear at similar prices to the club if I look hard enough (sometimes with a wait), read all the player stories on the net, and go to the odd game - no membership or commitment required. Early access or exclusive clips provide a point of difference.

Value add: OK, we all love when a new member cap arrives, the lanyard is nice, sticker, key ring great. But after four/five/six years of caps, lanyards and key rings what can you throw in to add value to your members. Early access or exclusive clips is an added value to members.

That being said, the club has to be aware of the content they are putting behind the wall because a club is greater than the sum of it's financial members and it's not in anyone's interests to disenfranchise the greater community of supporters. I'm thinking as they grow content in the Member's Zone there will be a greater balance of member and general release info (and we will grow content:)).

For mine, it's good to see the club trying different ways to increase membership numbers as that has to be good for all of us, owners and supporters.

Wha
For a change of pace, let's take a look at this from the club's position. They have limited incentives to offer the members and tempt potential new members. They have to create a point of difference as well as value add to the membership.

Point of difference: I can buy a pretty reasonable cap, most gear at similar prices to the club if I look hard enough (sometimes with a wait), read all the player stories on the net, and go to the odd game - no membership or commitment required. Early access or exclusive clips provide a point of difference.

Value add: OK, we all love when a new member cap arrives, the lanyard is nice, sticker, key ring great. But after four/five/six years of caps, lanyards and key rings what can you throw in to add value to your members. Early access or exclusive clips is an added value to members.

That being said, the club has to be aware of the content they are putting behind the wall because a club is greater than the sum of it's financial members and it's not in anyone's interests to disenfranchise the greater community of supporters. I'm thinking as they grow content in the Member's Zone there will be a greater balance of member and general release info (and we will grow content:)).

For mine, it's good to see the club trying different ways to increase membership numbers as that has to be good for all of us, owners and supporters.
what next?premium member zone
The game is not big enough.

Pretty well on the money, but I do think that there's some information that should be 'public domain' and not behind the paywall - the original example ref Snake is one that I don't think there's any value in restricting (even for a short length of time), ditto team lists. Look at it from the point of view of, say, a school kid who's a massive Brett Stewart fan and is stressing over whether his/her hero is going to play another game for Manly. Not all those kids will be members, and for most who aren't, it's not their call whether to buy membership or not. Ditto team lists.

No issue whatsoever with exclusive clips, interviews, Q&As etc being in the member area, but stuff like injury updates, team lists etc shouldn't be restricted IMO.

Bear in mind also that in the 'bang for buck' stakes, members get their game entry cheaper, discounts on merchandise, invites to special events etc, plus the warm fuzzy feeling of being better than the non-member fans @;)

Pretty well on the money, but I do think that there's some information that should be 'public domain' and not behind the paywall - the original example ref Snake is one that I don't think there's any value in restricting (even for a short length of time), ditto team lists. Look at it from the point of view of, say, a school kid who's a massive Brett Stewart fan and is stressing over whether his/her hero is going to play another game for Manly. Not all those kids will be members, and for most who aren't, it's not their call whether to buy membership or not. Ditto team lists.

No issue whatsoever with exclusive clips, interviews, Q&As etc being in the member area, but stuff like injury updates, team lists etc shouldn't be restricted IMO.

Bear in mind also that in the 'bang for buck' stakes, members get their game entry cheaper, discounts on merchandise, invites to special events etc, plus the warm fuzzy feeling of being better than the non-member fans @;)
No arguments there @yokahontas. That was what my fourth paragraph about content was kind of saying. They have to balance encouraging membership with keeping the majority (including non-members and facebook onlys) on side and informed.

And taking out the "better than" part you make a good point about the membership fuzzy feeling. I think the club has to investigate more ways to give as many fans as possible a taste of that feeling, including seniors on limited incomes and those who live a distance from games.

Am I going crazy, or is the cheapest membership $87 for an adult for the season.
Non- ticketed, obviously....

But $87 ÷ 12 = $7.25 per month
$7.25 ÷ 4 = $1.81 per week
$1.81 ÷ 7 = $0.25 per day

Im certainly no mathematician, but is this correct? ( my math is seriously bad). ??

And does the Supporter package give the "members first" news that is the thread topic ?

Am I going crazy, or is the cheapest membership $87 for an adult for the season.
Non- ticketed, obviously....

But $87 ÷ 12 = $7.25 per month
$7.25 ÷ 4 = $1.81 per week
$1.81 ÷ 7 = $0.25 per day

Im certainly no mathematician, but is this correct? ( my math is seriously bad). ??

And does the Supporter package give the "members first" news that is the thread topic ?

"Technically" one cant divide by 4 to get the per week because of differing days in a month.

Banks (and mortgage brokers) will divide by 4.33

So:

87 / 12 = 7.25 per month
7.25 / 4.33= 1.67 per week
1.67 / 7 = 23.8 cents per day (see...I've saved you a cent...lol)

or I guess....

87/52 = 1.67 per week would be quicker. yadda yadda yadda

Now...to answer your other question, yes the supporter package and the international package both give access to the member zone.

For me....I still find out info quicker on here...or the main web site as I don't spend all day logged in to the members zone.

Additionally the members zone has a lot of videos, and because Manly think it is 2003, you cant watch them in chrome, they only seem to work in IE.

ridiculous, and they've been told but well.....things are hard derp de derp de derp.

Anyway I'm off to the members zone with my purell in case I've accidentally touched a poor person!

"Technically" one cant divide by 4 to get the per week because of differing days in a month.

Banks (and mortgage brokers) will divide by 4.33

So:

87 / 12 = 7.25 per month
7.25 / 4.33= 1.67 per week
1.67 / 7 = 23.8 cents per day (see...I've saved you a cent...lol)

or I guess....

87/52 = 1.67 per week would be quicker. yadda yadda yadda

Now...to answer your other question, yes the supporter package and the international package both give access to the member zone.

For me....I still find out info quicker on here...or the main web site as I don't spend all day logged in to the members zone.

Additionally the members zone has a lot of videos, and because Manly think it is 2003, you cant watch them in chrome, they only seem to work in IE.

ridiculous, and they've been told but well.....things are hard derp de derp de derp.

Anyway I'm off to the members zone with my purell in case I've accidentally touched a poor person!
Also:

87/365*7 = 1.668 so I think we have verified that 1.67 (rounded up) is the cost per week.

The other benefit of access to the Member Zone is that once you have access, each time you go to have a look in it you can sing Member Zone to the tune of Kenny Loggins Danger Zone in your head (or out loud if you'd like to appear crazy)

Highway to the Member Zone
I'll take you
Right into the MEMBER ZO-HONEEEEEE

Also:

87/365*7 = 1.668 so I think we have verified that 1.67 (rounded up) is the cost per week.

The other benefit of access to the Member Zone is that once you have access, each time you go to have a look in it you can sing Member Zone to the tune of Kenny Loggins Danger Zone in your head (or out loud if you'd like to appear crazy)

Highway to the Member Zone
I'll take you
Right into the MEMBER ZO-HONEEEEEE
Im also picturing Bozo (Maverick ) & Zorba (Goose) piloting a f-14 Tomcat.

In chrome I was getting a message along the lines of unable to play try again later. If you are getting a similar message @globaleagle, from (vague) memory the fix required changes in advanced settings, privacy, content settings.

Thanks global....

So for the grand total of 24c per day, people can get access to Manly info a few hours quicker.

And as an added bonus, help the club out.

You know it makes sense.

The members zone is what....4 weeks old?

Maybe, just maybe, it would be worth giving them sometime to work it out before judging it

As i said before, its win win in my eyes...great stuff, well done to the club.

WE ALL SHULD BE MEMBERS!!

How many of you on here are....i know
Well, one of my favourite posters on this forum is gay ... so given that your profile says you are female .. how does the adoring women make you feel?
time to change my profilee man, man as they come, lol..

Love ya Woodsie my fellow Manly Member..

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6