• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's a bloody good team - speed to burn in that backline. The best part for me is there's plenty of competition for spots, particularly for that 3 centre position (Parker, Harper, Tuipulotu & my choice - Weekes in possibly a Jamie Lyon lite type situation).

One or two hard heads exactly like you say, starting with someone like Nathan Brown from the Eels would be immense. Best part of that, he'll lift when playing Arthur and The Eels, and that alone would be worth the price of admission ! hahaha.

I do hope Lawton shares the hooking role with Croker as well, which could add to the diversity in our play. I'd start Lawton, (then bring on Mr consistency in the middle 40) - You know I love a YART, but something like:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Kaeo Weekes
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Karl Lawton
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Nathan Brown
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lachlan Croker
15. Sean Keppie
16. Toff Sipley
17. Kelma Tuilagi

That team competes with anyone in my view mate.
I'd love Nathan Brown, clearly the Eels don't want him for whatever reason. We need a loose bastard in our pack, even if he misses a week or three through suspension

That's a bloody good team - speed to burn in that backline. The best part for me is there's plenty of competition for spots, particularly for that 3 centre position (Parker, Harper, Tuipulotu & my choice - Weekes in possibly a Jamie Lyon lite type situation).

One or two hard heads exactly like you say, starting with someone like Nathan Brown from the Eels would be immense. Best part of that, he'll lift when playing Arthur and The Eels, and that alone would be worth the price of admission ! hahaha.

I do hope Lawton shares the hooking role with Croker as well, which could add to the diversity in our play. I'd start Lawton, (then bring on Mr consistency in the middle 40) - You know I love a YART, but something like:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Kaeo Weekes
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Karl Lawton
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Nathan Brown
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lachlan Croker
15. Sean Keppie
16. Toff Sipley
17. Kelma Tuilagi

Looking good, @Ryan I also think Nathan Brown could be a good pickup, and if we do get him, I would have him on the bench at 15. Lawton should be given a go at lock. He has good hands, defends well, and isn't scared of contact in the middle. As for the utility spot on the bench, I would give GCKT & JH first shots at securing that spot during pre-season.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Kaeo Weekes
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Karl Lawton

14. Gordon Chan Kum Tong/Jamie Humphreys
15. Ethan Bullemore/Ben Condon
16. Sean Keppie/Toff Sipley
17. Taniela Paseka

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Kaeo Weekes
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Karl Lawton
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Nathan Brown
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lachlan Croker
15. Sean Keppie
16. Toff Sipley
17. Kelma Tuilagi

Like it but.....we need someone with spark to come in off the bench when the opposition forwards are tiring (which should happen if we've played the first 30 minutes to plan).

Tbh, I’m a bit disappointed. Merchant of Doom versus Eagle of London was going to be my off season entertainment, and now they reconcile? Before the season has even officially finished? Man, it’s going to be a looooong off season.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Kaeo Weekes
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Karl Lawton
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Nathan Brown
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lachlan Croker
15. Sean Keppie
16. Toff Sipley
17. Kelma Tuilagi

This may seem like im getting on my Des pony again but I'm trying to be open minded here so give me some rope please.

A big perceived issue with Des is his apparent 'non-use of young players' is it not?

well looking at that side all I see is a lot of youth with a few hard heads.

Saab , Koula , Weeks , Shoe , Paseka , Haumole , Keppie are all pretty young .

Tom , Garrick , Lawman , Croker , Toff , Aloiai and Tuilagi are middle aged in terms of NRL players.

Im looking at that side and liking it a lot. just need 1 or 2 class players if possible.

Imagine if Stabby cat had have been cleared and came back in there at 9....

Tbh, I’m a bit disappointed. Merchant of Doom versus Eagle of London was going to be my off season entertainment, and now they reconcile? Before the season has even officially finished? Man, it’s going to be a looooong off season.
Ive given you an optimistic emoji there mate.

As much as it may seem MOD/Ryan and I have hugged and made up TODAY who knows what tomorrow may hold?

Now all I need to do is cosy up to @Woodsie and the threesome will be on....

I agree @Ranga There was no consideration given to their fellow Silvertails, who were relying on this entertainment to continue. We can only hope that there will be a return to normal transmission soon.

Ive given you an optimistic emoji there mate.

As much as it may seem MOD/Ryan and I have hugged and made up TODAY who knows what tomorrow may hold?

Now all I need to do is cosy up to @Woodsie and the threesome will be on....
That image should not be imagined clearly under any circumstances.
Vomit Puke GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Also my reaction if the Eels win on Sunday........🤢🤮

This may seem like im getting on my Des pony again but I'm trying to be open minded here so give me some rope please.

A big perceived issue with Des is his apparent 'non-use of young players' is it not?

well looking at that side all I see is a lot of youth with a few hard heads.

Saab , Koula , Weeks , Shoe , Paseka , Haumole , Keppie are all pretty young .

Tom , Garrick , Lawman , Croker , Toff , Aloiai and Tuilagi are middle aged in terms of NRL players.

Im looking at that side and liking it a lot. just need 1 or 2 class players if possible.

Imagine if Stabby cat had have been cleared and came back in there at 9....
I like the idea of a youthful, quick backline but aren't we expecting too much from a Saab Koula Tippy/Weekes Schuster combination? I know you only get the experience by playing but throwing those blokes in all at once from the get go seems a stretch. Anyway, I can't see Des doing it so it's probably a moot point.

This was a weekend of perfection in 2021 ! Enjoy the show ! :rofl: If football was art, this game was the Mona Lisa ! hahaha
how good was that ?.Hopefully with TT and the Schu both fit and healthy we have much to look foward too in 2023 .
On another note Ryan where is the Merchant and what have you done with him ?

I like the idea of a youthful, quick backline but aren't we expecting too much from a Saab Koula Tippy/Weekes Schuster combination? I know you only get the experience by playing but throwing those blokes in all at once from the get go seems a stretch. Anyway, I can't see Des doing it so it's probably a moot point.
Yeah , like to see Weekes in the mix somewhere . Probably some wishful thinking to have Weekes at 6 and Schuster at 13 on present indications but i like at least the idea . Weekes as a centre , not much background there apparently but with his natural ability may not be beyond him at a higher level for Manly . Tippy toes will need a good off season to get his mojo back , really disappointing the way his form dropped off towards the end of the season . Pleased that Vaega is in the main squad , can only get better

Yeah , like to see Weekes in the mix somewhere . Probably some wishful thinking to have Weekes at 6 and Schuster at 13 on present indications but i like at least the idea . Weekes as a centre , not much background there apparently but with his natural ability may not be beyond him at a higher level for Manly . Tippy toes will need a good off season to get his mojo back , really disappointing the way his form dropped off towards the end of the season . Pleased that Vaega is in the main squad , can only get better
I'd like to see more of Weekes in the centre before deciding on where he best fits in. Particularly defensively. I know I'm a bit on my own with this but I would still be starting Parks and Koula (unless there's some unknown star centre purchase we've made) and see how the first few rounds pan out. With Shu trying to find his feet at 5/8, I just think that level of inexperience will put too much pressure on all of them. Ideally they would get some good experience in the Blacktown team to get them ready but we all know that's a whole other massive problem. Time for the brains trust to step up and develop a plan ..... or move on!

As I’ve been saying for a very long time , slitting your wrists for what “ might happen “ in 2023 is extremely negative.

For a start we don’t even know the final team make up.

And secondly , if for some strange reason we get a reasonable run with injuries we might just surprise.

Top 4 , almost no chance.

Top 8, some chance.

Next 4 , most likely.

Bottom 5, possible but less likely.

But we do seriously need a few more reasonable forwards OR the ones we have have to mature into match winners in the off season.

Laurie Daley, who is an Aus selector said on BSB on Monday that they had picked 30 players on the weekend and had to cut it to 24 before next Monday. He also said he watched first half of AUS vs PNG and that”DCE was very impressive as you would expect him to against the Kumuls”. Also gave Burton a wrap. Be very surprised if DCE and Burton miss squad based on his comments.

As I’ve been saying for a very long time , slitting your wrists for what “ might happen “ in 2023 is extremely negative.

For a start we don’t even know the final team make up.

And secondly , if for some strange reason we get a reasonable run with injuries we might just surprise.

Top 4 , almost no chance.

Top 8, some chance.

Next 4 , most likely.

Bottom 5, possible but less likely.

But we do seriously need a few more reasonable forwards OR the ones we have have to mature into match winners in the off season.
With a fit Tommy Turbo and an improving Schuster, can't see why we can't challenge for a top 4 spot tbh, if Schuster can find that 21 form, who knows.

if the team can put behind 2022 and all the crap and we get some luck with injuries there is no reason we don't make the finals for a start. top 4 is also a chance.

In regards Tommy, the best injury he could have picked up was probably the shoulder. if it had have been leg-related it would have been much worse.

if the team can put behind 2022 and all the crap and we get some luck with injuries there is no reason we don't make the finals for a start. top 4 is also a chance.

In regards Tommy, the best injury he could have picked up was probably the shoulder. if it had have been leg-related it would have been much worse.

Hope you're right, and Tommy can have a healthy season - it will go a LONG way to our success. I love the player, but I actually worry about his body (that sounds creepy, huh haha)

2015 - High ankle strain
2016 - Second high ankle strain (required surgery)
2017 - Medial ligament tear - knee
2017 - Syndesmosis in the ankle
2018 - Ankle sprain
2019 - Hamstring injury
2019 - Second hamstring injury
2019 - torn pectoral muscle
2020 - Third hamstring injury (grade 2)
2020 - Shoulder injury
2021 - Fourth hamstring injury (off season incident)
2021 - Slight concussion (head knock)
2022 - Shoulder dislocation

He's only 25 ! Forget footy for a second, I hope he's really keeping things in perspective and looking after himself. He's a human being first of all, and that's why these things worry me.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4