• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hope you're right, and Tommy can have a healthy season - it will go a LONG way to our success. I love the player, but I actually worry about his body (that sounds creepy, huh haha)

2015 - High ankle strain
2016 - Second high ankle strain (required surgery)
2017 - Medial ligament tear - knee
2017 - Syndesmosis in the ankle
2018 - Ankle sprain
2019 - Hamstring injury
2019 - Second hamstring injury
2019 - torn pectoral muscle
2020 - Third hamstring injury (grade 2)
2020 - Shoulder injury
2021 - Fourth hamstring injury (off season incident)
2021 - Slight concussion (head knock)
2022 - Shoulder dislocation

He's only 25 ! Forget footy for a second, I hope he's really keeping things in perspective and looking after himself. He's a human being first of all, and that's why these things worry me.
Would be interesting to seenthe detailed injury list on top players such as Teddy, latrell and inglis for instance to compare.....
Go @Ryan go.

Hope you're right, and Tommy can have a healthy season - it will go a LONG way to our success. I love the player, but I actually worry about his body (that sounds creepy, huh haha)

2015 - High ankle strain
2018 - Ankle sprain
2019 - Hamstring injury
2020 - Shoulder injury

He's only 25 ! Forget footy for a second, I hope he's really keeping things in perspective and looking after himself. He's a human being first of all, and that's why these things worry me.
And people here laughed at me all those years ago when i stated "Tom will not better the contributions of Brett Stewart due to injuries and Footballing limitations"

All Manly have had is one year of "standout contributions", we need another 5yrs of near the top of his game injury free or reasonably injury free seasons to even have a chance of surpassing Bretts career and Manly a chance for some GF success.

This is not to say i rate Brett more highly compared to Tom, i most certainly don't.

And people here laughed at me all those years ago when i stated "Tom will not better the contributions of Brett Stewart due to injuries and Footballing limitations"

All Manly have had is one year of "standout contributions", we need another 5yrs of near the top of his game injury free or reasonably injury free seasons to even have a chance of surpassing Bretts career and Manly a chance for some GF success.

This is not to say i rate Brett more highly compared to Tom, i most certainly don't.
Wow, can you turn your crystal ball gazing to the stock market as well?

2015 - High ankle strain
2018 - Ankle sprain
2019 - Hamstring injury
2020 - Shoulder injury

That's the definition of 'Fragile'.
What we should do is get some orange fragile tape and tape it around his entire body when he plays. 😛

Wow, can you turn your crystal ball gazing to the stock market as well?
Now that you mention it TC does strike me as the type of bloke to blow his self managed super on some mining speccy.

I'm more of a margin leveraged CFD's man myself, but that one's obvious.

We got a look of what Tom is capable of in 2021 when he carried our side. If he can string together 2 good seasons without major injury he will be one our best.
Only a premiership will put him on the same level as Snake, and nothing less. Given, Snake had a great team but with his freakish talent and physical capabilities alone, and the investment Manly has made, the bar must be set high.

I cant for the life of me understand some of the hate and put down of DCE. We would be far further down the table if he hadnt been with us, given the player strength, Barrett coaching and the salary cap nonsense Manly had to endure. To me his only weakness is as a ball player. Individually he's outstanding, his kicking in general play as well as those field goals, 40/20s etc and his defense are second to none in this comp, with only Cleary's clever up and under's superior. The guy gives his all, is rarely injured and this talk about Foran and Olakau'atu shows how quickly the past, eve latst years, is forgotten when DCE and Ola were involved in a large number of attacking moves together. I would rate DCE up with Toovey as the best half I've seen playing for Manly since I first started watching back in 1965. It seems many want him as the scapegoat, the whipping boy, in a side that is not producing the goods. There are 16 other players for Manly in the game. If we dont have the cattle or experience, Bob Fulton would have struggled to get us over the line.

His defence has suffered a bit this year because he hasn't had confidence in those around him and is reading the play a bit quicker than them and acting on his quicker read a second before them and coaches have noticed it and exploited it this year.

He has also played behind really non creative hookers except for when Fainu was playing and Parcel had a bit of a run without injury and API was on the back of a retreating defence. I don't think Barret allowed korisau to play attacking wise from the ruck like he has at the Panthers and he needs the two or three steps he takes there to build momentum into his passes rather than fire bullets off the deck like Ballon did. When API tries that he throws rainbows. Parcel and Fainu were just too gifted to contain and Des for all his benefits to the club doesn't want any thing flash from dummy half (see SMH article about demise of Bulldogs earlier this year).

Without DCE we wouldn't have played many finals in the past ten years and would have possibly won a spoon. And could be in a state like the tigers or Titans or knights.

I cant for the life of me understand some of the hate and put down of DCE. We would be far further down the table if he hadnt been with us, given the player strength, Barrett coaching and the salary cap nonsense Manly had to endure. To me his only weakness is as a ball player. Individually he's outstanding, his kicking in general play as well as those field goals, 40/20s etc and his defense are second to none in this comp, with only Cleary's clever up and under's superior. The guy gives his all, is rarely injured and this talk about Foran and Olakau'atu shows how quickly the past, eve latst years, is forgotten when DCE and Ola were involved in a large number of attacking moves together. I would rate DCE up with Toovey as the best half I've seen playing for Manly since I first started watching back in 1965. It seems many want him as the scapegoat, the whipping boy, in a side that is not producing the goods. There are 16 other players for Manly in the game. If we dont have the cattle or experience, Bob Fulton would have struggled to get us over the line.
Don"t think that anyone is doubting D C E "s overall ability and skill level , just value for money . Or more pointedly value as the highest paid player currently in the game . If he was regularly or consistently producing Thurston or even Cronk level performances , week in week out at club level and with the coin he is taking out of the cap , no issue . That consistently just ain 't the case , unfortunately for Manly . Maybe closer or often not even at a Ben Hunt type level and he is on much less money and probably closer to his value . You would have seen more of Bob Fulton then me but he was in the [ and rightly so ] the immortal category with the way he could swing and influence games , Again D C E , probably one of Manly 's best all round halves but again in terms of consistency and in relation to his pay packet , quite a bit of a discrepancy and disconnect .

One thing I think we can all agree on, is he is an absolute warrior, and rarely misses games. I'll always appreciate him for that. He's also great with the media, and an advertisement for our club. His long kicking game is the best in the league. He can kick goals. He is captain, and seems to enjoy those responsibilities, he's an absolute monster at field goals, and has the game winning goal in many, many games. He DOES offer a hell of a lot.

2015 - High ankle strain
2018 - Ankle sprain
2019 - Hamstring injury
2020 - Shoulder injury

Hey Ryan , Welcome back ! I am Glad you are back to your original and best Ryan user name
Ryan sounds Much more Radiant then the other one

Tom Turbo will be back as well and so will Des
2023 will be our come back year

Hey Ryan , Welcome back ! I am Glad you are back to your original and best Ryan user name
Ryan sounds Much more Radiant then the other one

Tom Turbo will be back as well and so will Des
2023 will be our come back year

Where there's a will, there's a way mate - I'm on board. Looking forward to seeing our new forward playing for Parra this weekend. A glimpse into our future ;)

Same arguments over and over and over again @Bearfax , just go through the 9k posts in this thread to answer your own question of why people don’t love him.

You could ask 100 Manly supporters if they like or dislike Dce ( I don’t hate him, I just don’t want him playing for Manly) and it would be 50 that love him and 50 that don’t. That’s the problem right there, far to polarising, especially for a captain. But that’s only my opinion ( means zero).

Where there's a will, there's a way mate - I'm on board. Looking forward to seeing our new forward playing for Parra this weekend. A glimpse into our future ;)
You know something we don’t Ryan? Please for the love of god give us some hope, something, anything.

He’d be a good short term get. I’d add the Fifita bros as well to add some much needed aggro to the pack.

You have always been on board and I can understand how bored and frustrated of losing you were
When the Winning starts we are all happy and the whinging will stop
Looking fowrward to a win win win win win season

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7