• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Probably right. I think it'll be:

08. Josh Aloiai (career ave. 97 metres)
09. Lachlan Croker (career ave. 32 metres)
10. Sean Keppie?? (career ave. 69 metres)
11. Haumole Olakau'atu (career ave. 99 metres)
12. Kelma Tuilagi (career ave. 63 metres)
13. Jake Trbojevic (career ave. 117 metres)

14. Karl Lawton (career ave. 42 metres)
15. Taniela Paseka (career ave. 89 metres)
16. Toff Sipley?? (career ave. 69 metres)
17. Ethan Bullemor?? (career ave. 63 metres)

18. Ben Condon (career ave. 44 metres)
19. Kurt De Luis (career ave. 48 metres)
20. Morgan Boyle (career ave. 67 metres)

Just a guess at the players with ??. But wow, some of those stats shocked me (go Jake !!). Boyle is a pleasant surprise. Paseka isn't far off Josh Aloiai (who isn't far off Olakau'atu). Oh, we've lost:

21. Marty Taupau (career ave. 127 metres)
22. Andrew Davey (career ave. 59 metres)

What are your thought's on that full strength rotation? Compare that with a full strength Chooks. I'll take a few of their forwards:

JWH (career ave. 118 metres)
Lodge (career ave. 128 metres)
Crichton (career ave. 118 metres)
L. Collins (career ave. 90 metres)
Butcher (career ave. 82 metres)
V Radley career ave. 84 metres)
S Taukeiaho (career ave. 135 metres)
Tupouniua (career ave. 58 metres)
I do love stats. Well sourced thanks.

Agree @BOZO

And the reason I put these stats in a thread about DCE (apologies guys), is that I really feel our flat attacking structure under Des doesn't suit DCE. Look at him playing rep footy. Gets good ball to forwards running from the rafters
I would add to this that our attack was hughly hobbled once Tom went down again this year. In 21 we were completely different with the same players.

Do you remember in 21 Paseka v the titans? Marty throwing passes to keppie on the attack line. The shoe ball playing on the edge? Keppie starting to show his worth.

2022 has been very disappointing so I have made my sanga's. Packed my lunchbox and I'm ready for 2023 and a 180 degree turnaround to this year.

I'm happy to admit that if we do falter and don't bounce back in 23 then I'm happy with a direction change from top to bottom but my main takeaway is to give Des and Dce a chance when all the troops are back on deck. A la 2021.

I would add to this that our attack was hughly hobbled once Tom went down again this year. In 21 we were completely different with the same players.

Do you remember in 21 Paseka v the titans? Marty throwing passes to keppie on the attack line. The shoe ball playing on the edge? Keppie starting to show his worth.

2022 has been very disappointing so I have made my sanga's. Packed my lunchbox and I'm ready for 2023 and a 180 degree turnaround to this year.

I'm happy to admit that if we do falter and don't bounce back in 23 then I'm happy with a direction change from top to bottom but my main takeaway is to give Des and Dce a chance when all the troops are back on deck. A la 2021.
A la 2021...when we were one trick, flat track ponies who were well and truly found out by teams who knew how to shut down Turbo?

Which PNG players with ability from memory stood our for you feathered friend ?

Put on your Manly recruitment hat and share your views
Don't know their names but this one takes no prisoners.
1664152079881.png

A la 2021...when we were one trick, flat track ponies who were well and truly found out by teams who knew how to shut down Turbo?
Do you mean 2021 when we made the prelim final? that 2021?

yep one trick ponys that were 80 min from a GF.

1 match where we lost a starting front-rower ( keppie) who was on fire in that game. 1 match where we had 2 tries disallowed in first 30 min that would have made it a huge contest. The first Turbo break pulled back and Tom going over but not getting ball down. 1 match where luck of the bounce gifted the rabbits at least 2 tries?

Did you enjoy any of 2021? we beat every other team bar a few of the top sides. so what? Id rather 2021 than beating the storm, bunnies, and panthers, and finishing 10th because we 'got up for the big games'.

I'm just a guy that loves seeing my side play great footy. This season we beat the storm, should have beaten the cows, and were robbed v the eels. so there are some top 4 sides right there and yet our season was a failure.

give me 2021 any day. at least in 21 we had a chance to adapt while smacking teams.

Spot on mate - the structures did seem very different in 2021. But I think you're right. If you have potentially the leagues best overall player, you build your team and strategies around them, and it almost felt like we moved as a wave, everything on our toes as opposed to our heels, and all as a well oiled machine. Honestly, yep - the most exciting team of 2021 (and we were rewarded with the most free to air games out of that too this season).

On that point, from our chat in PM, I'm also happy to get behind Des now, and whoever is here at present. There's no point death riding them any longer - that's been done to death (so to speak), it's time to move forward. Complaining isn't going to change anything, so I may as well get on board now.

The positives as I see them are obviously Tom returning (main point) - his presence lifts the entire squad. Unlike many, I bloody LOVE everything about Schuster (I just hope all the criticism doesn't have him playing within himself, because one of his biggest strengths, is X-factor and eyes up footy). We need to fit Kaeo Weekes into that backline. I'm almost as excited about him as I am about Schuster.

This isn't me doing a 180. It's just as you pointed out, what's the point of supporting a team if you're not getting enjoyment from it (that's unhealthy) - and I DO love this team. So mate, point well taken, received and made.

I hope people don't take this as me being bipolar (although there may be some truth to that !!), but me realizing I need to get the enjoyment and fighting spirit back.

Spot on mate - the structures did seem very different in 2021. But I think you're right. If you have potentially the leagues best overall player, you build your team and strategies around them, and it almost felt like we moved as a wave, everything on our toes as opposed to our heels, and all as a well oiled machine. Honestly, yep - the most exciting team of 2021 (and we were rewarded with the most free to air games out of that too this season).

On that point, from our chat in PM, I'm also happy to get behind Des now, and whoever is here at present. There's no point death riding them any longer - that's been done to death (so to speak), it's time to move forward. Complaining isn't going to change anything, so I may as well get on board now.

The positives as I see them are obviously Tom returning (main point) - his presence lifts the entire squad. Unlike many, I bloody LOVE everything about Schuster (I just hope all the criticism doesn't have him playing within himself, because one of his biggest strengths, is X-factor and eyes up footy). We need to fit Kaeo Weekes into that backline. I'm almost as excited about him as I am about Schuster.

This isn't me doing a 180. It's just as you pointed out, what's the point of supporting a team if you're not getting enjoyment from it (that's unhealthy) - and I DO love this team. So mate, point well taken, received and made.

I hope people don't take this as me being bipolar (although there may be some truth to that !!), but me realizing I need to get the enjoyment and fighting spirit back.

Well said, Love this!!!

Do you mean 2021 when we made the prelim final? that 2021?

yep one trick ponys that were 80 min from a GF.

1 match where we lost a starting front-rower ( keppie) who was on fire in that game. 1 match where we had 2 tries disallowed in first 30 min that would have made it a huge contest. The first Turbo break pulled back and Tom going over but not getting ball down. 1 match where luck of the bounce gifted the rabbits at least 2 tries?

Did you enjoy any of 2021? we beat every other team bar a few of the top sides. so what? Id rather 2021 than beating the storm, bunnies, and panthers, and finishing 10th because we 'got up for the big games'.

I'm just a guy that loves seeing my side play great footy. This season we beat the storm, should have beaten the cows, and were robbed v the eels. so there are some top 4 sides right there and yet our season was a failure.

give me 2021 any day. at least in 21 we had a chance to adapt while smacking teams.
Yep 21, was great...except for the constant calls of flat track bullies. And I do think there's plenty in that. We may have been incredible when smacking teams around, but were we ever really contenders. For me the first final against the Storm showed that we clearly weren't. We couldn't adapt when they shut down turbo and all the other brilliance disappeared.
What's worse, the rules that supported that style of play were weakened and other teams picked up on shutting down TT.
I'll support the team and anyone involved no matter what but this year wasn't just unlucky injuries (and jerseys) that brought us down.

Man, I can't tell you how good it is to see you being so positive. And as a relative newbie to the forum, that's not meant to be patronising. Whilst I don't disagree with a good chunk of what you write (and I also appreciate your stats work, coz I'm too lazy (or ignorant) to dig that stuff up) your tendency to gloominess can be tough going. And I'm by no means a Pollyanna when it comes to our Club, we have some not insignificant issues to be addressed. But I've been trying to keep the faith and believe that despite the obvious management disfunction, there is enough of a footy brains trust that know how to get the best out of what we have currently and to target new players to move us forward.

And just one actual footy comment - it's no secret from my posts that I'm a Schuster fan and hope he can go to the next level. However, my concern is not that he plays within himself but that he tries too hard to prove himself and hence, doesn't play his natural game. We'll have to wait and see.

EOL and MOD you have had some great debates here recently. Good to see respectful suggestions counteracting each other's point of view.
There was (some) good stuff happening for Manly this year, unfortunately the positives got swallowed up by what happened over the last two months of our season. Not surprising so many are frustrated on here.
I still think we need some tweaks made to our team (a couple of forwards to strengthen our middle and a second hooker (who runs the ball) to take some of the workload off Croker).
Oh, and perhaps the time has come to be Ryan again instead of MOD? 🙂

EOL and MOD you have had some great debates here recently. Good to see respectful suggestions counteracting each other's point of view.
There was (some) good stuff happening for Manly this year, unfortunately the positives got swallowed up by what happened over the last two months of our season. Not surprising so many are frustrated on here.
I still think we need some tweaks made to our team (a couple of forwards to strengthen our middle and a second hooker (who runs the ball) to take some of the workload off Croker).
Oh, and perhaps the time has come to be Ryan again instead of MOD? 🙂

Done and done haha

Steady on mate. if you keep replying like that I will have to divorce my second wife and hunt you down and propose... @:D

But in all seriousness I can't wait for the shoe to emerge in his favourite position. Will take some time but when Turbos in and everyone is in their place there's a lot of smarts in the side so won't take long to gel.

Weeks deserves more game time in 23. I wonder if there's is a position on the bench to replace walker there for him?

2022 was a huge disappointment butvits finished now. Bring on 2023 and this side I say.

1.turbo
2.saab
3.tippy two shoes
4.koula
5.garrick
6. Shoe
7.dce
8.paseka
9. Xxxxxxxxx
10. Aleo vera
11. Gauc
12. Tualingi
13. Jake

14.keppie
15.toff sipps
16.lawman
17. Bully or weeks

We could do with a hard nut front row signing and a hooker.

Sadly I don't' have the faith some on here have. I see the Titanic sinking fast after hitting an iceberg and unless the hole in the hull is fixed it will sink. This situation is far different to the first 5 rounds of 2021 the subsequent improvement during 2021 thanks primarily to a freak season by Turbo. In 2022 we have gone backwards at a rate of knots playing a outdated style of error ridden football and are in a far worse position roster wise in 2022 and added to that have a fractured playing group and a battle between those bringing players through the system and the coach. Things don't get better in a toxic environment like that. Things just won't get better without change.
Have faith TE, at the start of the season players like Tui, Kaula, Saab, the big O, Ailoi and Lawton before he got injured were killing it in player performance. Then it all changed 3/4 into the season, injury on injury and Rainbow gate. I'm confident we can find that sort of form again. With a super fit Schuster and Tommy Turbo rearing to go rd 1 2023, theirs more to be positive about than negative.

Thank God! Finally a positive post!

Just sayin’

Steady on mate. if you keep replying like that I will have to divorce my second wife and hunt you down and propose... @:D

But in all seriousness I can't wait for the shoe to emerge in his favourite position. Will take some time but when Turbos in and everyone is in their place there's a lot of smarts in the side so won't take long to gel.

Weeks deserves more game time in 23. I wonder if there's is a position on the bench to replace walker there for him?

2022 was a huge disappointment butvits finished now. Bring on 2023 and this side I say.

1.turbo
2.saab
3.tippy two shoes
4.koula
5.garrick
6. Shoe
7.dce
8.paseka
9. Xxxxxxxxx
10. Aleo vera
11. Gauc
12. Tualingi
13. Jake

14.keppie
15.toff sipps
16.lawman
17. Bully or weeks

We could do with a hard nut front row signing and a hooker.

That's a bloody good team - speed to burn in that backline. The best part for me is there's plenty of competition for spots, particularly for that 3 centre position (Parker, Harper, Tuipulotu & my choice - Weekes in possibly a Jamie Lyon lite type situation).

One or two hard heads exactly like you say, starting with someone like Nathan Brown from the Eels would be immense. Best part of that, he'll lift when playing Arthur and The Eels, and that alone would be worth the price of admission ! hahaha.

I do hope Lawton shares the hooking role with Croker as well, which could add to the diversity in our play. I'd start Lawton, (then bring on Mr consistency in the middle 40) - You know I love a YART, but something like:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Kaeo Weekes
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Karl Lawton
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Nathan Brown
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lachlan Croker
15. Sean Keppie
16. Toff Sipley
17. Kelma Tuilagi

That team competes with anyone in my view mate.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6