• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Okay, I'll explain it in a way that hopefully gives some insight into why I make statements I have. For me, the result is making and winning a grand final. Everything else is the journey to get there. In order to GET to a grand final, a club / team has to have many things going for them (form, coaching, luck with injuries, good management operations, culture etc etc etc - you know, all the pretty stuff).

So for mine, part of the journey is consistency (that's key). Learning from your mistakes, improving on them, righting wrongs (again, all that pretty stuff).

So, what happens if on that journey, a huge glaring hole appears (say in defense, or clocking off in the second half)? Well, the good teams learn from them, and carry on, and don't let those things happen again, or become ingrained in the culture.

That Cowboys & Storm game along our journey to the Grand Final, exposed some serious issues around the culture of our on field performances, structures, coaching, attitudes in defense, particularly late in the second half of games. In my view the rest of the league , media, teams, fans noticed that, and we won ONE solitary game from that point on, as our defense was torn apart.

That's 8 rounds remaining (one win), and an average of 30.125 points against per game. Therefore, those touch ups handed to us in those periods against The Cows and Storm literally derailed us (I actually don't think it was the pride stuff) in my opinion - hence we got pumped in both.

And @Matai's shoulder , your snipes and passive aggressive emoji use is ordinary mate - even for you (a blow in). Let the adults talk mate, please.
But again you fail to look at the larger picture. We had no cattle left by seasons end.we were playing guys that would have been lucky to get a start in many other sides reserve sides. We had pride gate. We were missing one of the top 3 players in the game for most of the season. Jake was out last few matches. The shoe was out for a large part of the season and never looked fit. Lawton who was great last year off the bench was suspended or injured for most of season leaving Croker as an 80 min hooker. Garrick who did great as a stand on for turbo also injured.

The 2 fade outs IMHO had nothing to do with the poor run in. Those games were learning games.

So contrary to some peoples strong opinions I don't believe our 2022 was a result of

A. Dce inability to lead and play
Or
B. DES's inability to coach.

Unfortunately many will completely ignore the above facts and hoan in on small isolated parts of the season where Foran played well against 2 woodernspooners or the loosing streak that had so may reasons for happening.

But again you fail to look at the larger picture. We had no cattle left by seasons end.we were playing guys that would have been lucky to get a start in many other sides reserve sides. We had pride gate. We were missing one of the top 3 players in the game for most of the season. Jake was out last few matches. The shoe was out for a large part of the season and never looked fit. Lawton who was great last year off the bench was suspended or injured for most of season leaving Croker as an 80 min hooker. Garrick who did great as a stand on for turbo also injured.

The 2 fade outs IMHO had nothing to do with the poor run in. Those games were learning games.

So contrary to some peoples strong opinions I don't believe our 2022 was a result of

Or

Unfortunately many will completely ignore the above facts and hoan in on small isolated parts of the season where Foran played well against 2 woodernspooners or the loosing streak that had so may reasons for happening.

Well, like we keep coming back to, next season will be telling. Storm first up, then bunnies isn't it ? Say those teams because they are the ones apparently going to the states with us, so I don't actually know

No more excuses for your Des or playing group. Be very interesting to see how Condon, Tuilagi, Boyle, Bullemor, De Luis, Sipley, Croker and others go against those decent teams , particularly without Taupau, Walker, Davey and Foz.

I just hope if we fail as a team, the group of you that have been vehemently against anyone who shares their frustration or disappointment, you all don't go in on them personally and attack. When it happens, be humble about it and admit maybe you were possibly wrong.

I do think we'll have a new coach in 2024 regardkess, who hopefully will make required changes. I also hope by then ownership, management, the playing group are all on the same page, and we appear some what professional again.

If there are no material changes or a few marquee players added to this roster this off season, 2023 for me will be a transition year, no higher hopes than that.

I get the feeling that regardless of whether Penrith win the comp again this year or not, Meninga still considers DCE his first choice Kangaroos half over Nathan Cleary.

A lot won't like that, but I think that is how Mal will go.

I get the feeling that regardless of whether Penrith win the comp again this year or not, Meninga still considers DCE his first choice Kangaroos half over Nathan Cleary.

A lot won't like that, but I think that is how Mal will go.
Mal goes for the wining SOO series half back and that is DCE

Back on topic: I do think if we get a deeper, more mobile structure in attack, where DCE can pass the ball to people in motion rather than a stand still, we'll be much better off metre wise
The winning series Maroons SOO structure was different to the Maroon and White structure for DCE
Maybe Des can copy The Maroons game plan ?

Is this about narcissistic individuals on this site or are we sticking to the subject. I'm getting very bored with this crap.
I keep going to this thread thinking it's another stinging comment about Captain Marvel, only to see 2 or 3 Silvertails posters sniping at each other.

Or

One factor I think gets overlooked in terms of the manner of how our season unravelled was the impact of Fainu’s trial. The trial commenced 25 July, the week of jerseygate.

From my perspective, there were a whole lot of factors that should be overcome in and of themselves, but put them all together and have them occur at the one time, and what you get is the true definition of a cluster-f …

Watching the finals games the last couple of weeks, the line speed of teams when defending their try line is really noticeable. Like many here I’ve been frustrated with DCE seemingly shooting out of the line, leaving gaps in the defensive line. But how much of the issue is DCE comparatively shooting out of the line versus other guys (notably Haumole) not pushing up fast enough?

Wind the clock back to 2011 the kid was electric, and booted teams to death. The missing ingredient for a great side that ended up being torn apart for money reasons. Now 33 and long in the tooth its the polar opposite for DCE but the money reasons remain the same and because of that he wont finish in a manly premiership winning side.

Wind the clock back to 2011 the kid was electric, and booted teams to death. The missing ingredient for a great side that ended up being torn apart for money reasons. Now 33 and long in the tooth its the polar opposite for DCE but the money reasons remain the same and because of that he wont finish in a manly premiership winning side.
IMO DCE is still a dynamic half at his best

I just hope if we fail as a team, the group of you that have been vehemently against anyone who shares their frustration or disappointment, you all don't go in on them personally and attack.

If you think back to 2021 you and a number of others were frothing at the bit after 4 losses and a 1 point win v the warriors. The world was falling in. Sack the coach. Sack dce sack everyone yet at the end we played in a preliminary final 80 min from a GF in a great year for the club. Look for the positives perhaps. It feels better.

Last edited:
If you think back to 2021 you and a number of others were frothing at the bit after 4 losses and a 1 point win v the warriors. The world was falling in. Sack the coach. Sack dce sack everyone yet at the end we played in a preliminary final 80 min from a GF in a great year for the club. Look for the positives perhaps. It feels better.

Removed the comments you edited Eagle of Lond.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8