• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Credit where credit is due, DCE had a great game, a great week~! ....but can we stop with the "DCE Haters" tag.

I believe most who do point out DCE's lack of consistancy, poor performances, some brain explosions, lack of composure, cap value etc, do so out of frustration of his performances. Most conceded he can be brilliant at times

It's an opionion, based on however many years the poster has had watching rugby league. No better than yours or mine.

Me, I get annoyed with DCE at times and i voice that.

I am glad that he has had a great week, but feel the "DCE haters" callouts the last 24 hours have been waiting a number of weeks for this opportunity, which is my point.

Credit where credit is due, DCE had a great game, a great week~! ....but can we stop with the "DCE Haters" tag.

I believe most who do point out DCE's lack of consistancy, poor performances, some brain explosions, lack of composure, cap value etc, do so out of frustration of his performances. Most conceded he can be brilliant at times

It's an opionion, based on however many years the poster has had watching rugby league. No better than yours or mine.

Me, I get annoyed with DCE at times and i voice that.

I am glad that he has had a great week, but feel the "DCE haters" callouts the last 24 hours have been waiting a number of weeks for this opportunity, which is my point.
Exactly. When you command the highest salary in the game you have the expectation of performances like his last 2 games week after week without fail. It doesn't mean you have to win every game but it does mean the highest standards of game management which has been a negative issue in many of his performances over the last few years. Consistently delivering that high standard like the best halfbacks have is expected.

Not trying to be a pain, but Andrew johns defence was waaaaay better than dice. But the major difference that both JT and johns has was they took the ball deep into the line to promote opportunities for others which is one on the 3 f’s of being a halfback

****ing committ defenders and not run sideways
****ing manage possession and field position
****ing lead by example at crucial moments

DCE is a fine footy player but is not a touch on those 2 as he avoids the role of a number 7 where JT and johns owned the big plays because the committed defenders, and we’re prepared to take a whack , where dice tries to finesse his way through the game without taking responsibility or ownership consistently for the role of a NRL number 7

40 good minutes in origin and people are losing there minds.
We’ll wholeheartedly agree to disagree.

Fair enough 👍

I think the "highest paid player in the game" tag has lost it's impact these past few years, when you've had the likes of Milford on $1 million at the Broncos, Ash Taylor at the Titans on close to that, etc. & never delivering, & the average contract amount increasing at the same time.

That's fine jbb. But its personal perspective. I think as an example of perspective, that Foran has been excellent in the past 2 years. But in my opinion DCE has been far more important to the side and the stats seem to support that. But we've been very lucky with Foran because his previous five years were marked with serious injury and only fair play. He hit a golden spot at Manly and I think DCE had a lot to do with that.
Just to clarify about individual perspective.
what is it you see differently. His contributions on field , or the roles a top bracket number 7 are supposed to provide a team. And do manly not need these skills weekly ?

kicking and managent is a nrl discipline that separates the top sides from the rest. But with cherry it seems he needs to be in the mood or have a big wind to pad those stats that everyone swallows as gospel to performance

my expectation of cherry is not to be a star week in, week out but to do the things the side needs to be competitive every week and not just against weaker opposition

he has shown he can manage about 15 or 20 minutes in the big games such as last years finals but Can not sustain playing within himself for the team past this. Because if we are too improve into a consistent top side we need it

anyway just trying to clarify which part we differ on so we are on the same page

I think the "highest paid player in the game" tag has lost it's impact these past few years, when you've had the likes of Milford on $1 million at the Broncos, Ash Taylor at the Titans on close to that, etc. & never delivering, & the average contract amount increasing at the same time.
This whole things has been overblown in the media from the day he signed the contract imo.

It just seems to be something used by the media to make people hate DCE, because everyone knows the average joe hates people who are highly paid.

Does anyone even remember who "the highest played player in the game" was before DCE?

like anything, the truth generally is somewhere in the middle. You don’t have to be a DCE hater, to see his shortcomings and you don’t have to be a DCE fan boy to appreciate the great things he does. I’ve seen him play exceptional games and seen him struggle to stay composed when the team aren’t providing adequate support. I’ve rarely ever seen him have a poor game when the team is doing their bit.

Sure, he could be more composed at times and use his edge runners with more purpose, but he is still an amazing footballer with incredible upside. He doesn’t have to be one or the other.

like anything, the truth generally is somewhere in the middle. You don’t have to be a DCE hater, to see his shortcomings and you don’t have to be a DCE fan boy to appreciate the great things he does. I’ve seen him play exceptional games and seen him struggle to stay composed when the team aren’t providing adequate support. I’ve rarely ever seen him have a poor game when the team is doing their bit.

Sure, he could be more composed at times and use his edge runners with more purpose, but he is still an amazing footballer with incredible upside. He doesn’t have to be one or the other.
The only players I remember dragging below average teams over the line all by their lonesome are Joey, JT and Fittler, rarified air. DCE is like a high performance vehicle. "She needs premium dude... PREMIUM".

This whole things has been overblown in the media from the day he signed the contract imo.

It just seems to be something used by the media to make people hate DCE, because everyone knows the average joe hates people who are highly paid.

Does anyone even remember who "the highest played player in the game" was before DCE?
Anthony Mundine on $600k wasn't it?

At least he mentioned he walked away from that sized contract to become a boxer a few hundred times but perhaps there were other players on higher contracts who had a bit more discretion than Mundine & didn't skite about it.

I'm so glad that our club paid $50K for that outstanding leadership performance. Maybe he needs to wear a moroons jumper under the Manly one.

Daly Cherry-Evans will reach another significant milestone in his illustrious career with the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles this Friday night.

The Manly captain will move into outright third place on the club record books for most first grade games when he leads the Sea Eagles out against Parramatta at 4 Pines Park.

The premiership winning half-back will play his 279th first grade game for Manly, passing the record of 278 matches currently shared with Anthony Watmough.

Cliff Lyons holds the record of most first grade games for Manly Warringah with 309 followed by Steve Menzies on 280 matches.

Menzies played 349 games overall for the Sea Eagles (280 for Manly and 69 for the Northern Eagles). The list below shows games played for Manly Warringah Sea Eagles only.

I’m going in. We had this game until DCE decided to kick on the 2nd tackle for no reason and hand all momentum over to Parra. This is not the first time this season (or in the last 5 years) that he’s come up with a bad play to turn things against us.

He’s moved into 3rd all time for Manly games played yet has one premiership to show for it - in his rookie year with a completely stacked team that won 40-0 without him a few years before. Since signing his incredibly overpriced contract he’s won 2 (yes 2!!!) finals games against very weak Sharks and Roosters teams. In that time we’ve missed 5/8 finals.

Compared to other Manly players with 200+ games like Cliffy, Beaver, the Stewarts, Choc and Killer who have all won multiple premierships he has failed miserably whilst stealing the majority of our salary cap, causing us to lose key players like AFB, Koroisau + Lane & Gutho who tore us to shreds tonight. He is the key problem at the club and until he leaves, we are heading into a deep deep hole

I’m going in. We had this game until DCE decided to kick on the 2nd tackle for no reason and hand all momentum over to Parra. This is not the first time this season (or in the last 5 years) that he’s come up with a bad play to turn things against us.

He’s moved into 3rd all time for Manly games played yet has one premiership to show for it - in his rookie year with a completely stacked team that won 40-0 without him a few years before. Since signing his incredibly overpriced contract he’s won 2 (yes 2!!!) finals games against very weak Sharks and Roosters teams. In that time we’ve missed 5/8 finals.

Compared to other Manly players with 200+ games like Cliffy, Beaver, the Stewarts, Choc and Killer who have all won multiple premierships he has failed miserably whilst stealing the majority of our salary cap, causing us to lose key players like AFB, Koroisau + Lane & Gutho who tore us to shreds tonight. He is the key problem at the club and until he leaves, we are heading into a deep deep hole
We had this won lol. You drop kick. Another turd of a supporter who thinks DCE single handily loses the whole game with one kick.

It’s very hard to argue against any of this. I’m not a DCE hater at all but that 2nd tackle kick 100% swung the game. We won the field position battle the set before and where in a good spot ball in hand. That changed the momentum for the game and took the wind right out our sails.

We had this won lol. You drop kick. Another turd of a supporter who thinks DCE single handily loses the whole game with one kick.

I wouldn’t say we had it won either.
But it was a shocking option, poorly executed and selfishly conceived.

Cherry doesn’t deserve all the vitriol but nor does he deserve all the protection and apologists.

He is one of the most talented but overwhelmingly frustrating and selfish players I’ve ever seen

We were on top until he put that kick in. Not saying he lost us the game single handedly but that was the turning point and if you don’t believe that I don’t know what to tell you. Our cap has been ****ed since he signed the contract and I don’t know how people can’t see that.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4