• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It has to be; makes no sense for manly to entertain it at this stage otherwise
Yep, it was the first thing that came to mind when I read they were extending him. Everyone wins in such a situation.
  • DCE gets increased financial stability for 4-5 years.
  • Manly get salary cap relief.
  • DCE becomes a one-club player.
  • Manly maintain stability in the squad
  • DCE improves his profile for life after football playing career.

Last edited:
he has made noises over the last season or two that suggest he isn't comfortable with the pressure his contract brings
IMO, there's no way the club would entertain an extension three years out without gaining an immediate advantage. Also, if he gets injured later in his career, they can medically retire him. DCE doesn't have any pre-existing injury complications at this point.

Very good interview. DCE didn't duck any questions.
My take on DCE is this (should anybody be interested):
His contract is ridiculously high, but for that I blame the club, not DCE.
He has been up for a long time and is still capable of stellar performances. They won't happen as regularly as they used to until some of the players around him improve/change.
He is rarely injured, and must play many matches with injuries that would sideline lesser mortals. With that in mind, isn't he better value at $1.25-m for 24+ matches a season than a $800,000 halfback who is regularly sidelined?
DCE is a leader and has won more matches in clutch situations than anyone else I can think of.
He is a good role model off-the-field and has never brought discredit to the club.
I'd hate to see him play against us because I know he'd break our hearts with a field goal in extra time.

Yep, it was the first thing that came to mind when I read they were extending him. Everyone wins in such a situation.
  • DCE gets increased financial stability for 4-5 years.
  • Manly get salary cap relief.
  • DCE becomes a one-club player.
  • Manly maintain stability in the squad
  • DCE improves his profile for life after football playing career.
Daily Telegraph headline:

DCE BACKFLIPS ON MANLY DEAL BY SIGNING NEW MANLY DEAL

Yep. Inglis back playing in the UK and Sam Burgess talking about a comeback next year. So much for career ending health issues and injuries. What a rort.
Inglis was not 'medically retired', he simply had enough and retired in the conventional sense. I have no problem with Inglis coming back out of retirement, but Burgess is an altogether different story.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4