• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That has more to do with the refs than Jake, nearly every tackle they immediately start yelling Jake, Jake even when he is no where near the tackle. He is top of the refs penalty list for no real reason
Jake leaves his hands on the player and ball too long for mine .... he is certainly not the only one, so does DCE

Last edited:
If he had been playing top shelf consistent football over the last 5-6 years then no one would be having thoughts of tapping him on the shoulder and cutting short his deal. He has put himself in this position, so live with the consequences.

Anyway I really can't see anyone taking him off our hands without us paying some of his freight (probably a significant chunk). So I think he will see out the current deal, but I really, really hope the club do not extend him. Unless by some miracle he does start playing as the best player in the NRL we need to move on and start in a fresh direction. We've got some good youth coming through, lets find a young half to start the journey with them.

If he had been playing top shelf consistent football over the last 5-6 years then no one would be having thoughts of tapping him on the shoulder and cutting short his deal. He has put himself in this position, so live with the consequences.

Anyway I really can't see anyone taking him off our hands without us paying some of his freight (probably a significant chunk). So I think he will see out the current deal, but I really, really hope the club do not extend him. Unless by some miracle he does start playing as the best player in the NRL we need to move on and start in a fresh direction. We've got some good youth coming through, lets find a young half to start the journey with them.
Someone will be desperate in the next 18 months.
Suli on the other hand.

The real shame will be not building a team around DCE to win a GF in all these years, secondly would be not bringing through the next halves to learn off him.

I still don't get it... He has 2.5 years left on his contract, surely way too early to be angling for an extension?

He’s been talking about it publicly since March. It went quiet when he was playing crap, now he hits a bit of form it’s back on again... no way this is coming from the club.

He’d be well served to pull his head in and tell his manager to do the same. His post playing career is much longer than his playing career and a few extra bucks now could cost him in the longer term if he goes the wrong way about it.

Just has to have a good organizing or good ability half 's partner to compliment his play , ideally Foz for whatever time . Was going quite well when Walker and Green were the 6 also . Maybe not a totally good reflection on D C E ;s overall application ability but it is what it is and still an elite player when these other factors are met . Unless his form deteriorates unexpectedly in his remaining Manly contract time , can " t see him leaving .

Wtf Chez keep your mouth shut

There's no chance of the deal ending early* and the club isn't thinking about re-signing anyone whos deals end three years in the future

*Unless he's poached with the most outrageous salary from Broncos

Clubs, surely, always need to be looking ahead, carefully considering the options, trying to predict the needs of the team, not just this year but in 2022-5. What would happen if Turbo is forced to retire, what happens if Fainu is convicted, do we have a centre good enough to risk letting Walker walk.

Naturally money is also a factor, so naturally 'what if' scenarios have to be consistently on the table, if the team hopes to compete not just this year but in 2-3 years time. Thinking about the DCE issue is to me an important part of that process. Do we have someone with potentially that level of talent available, and will we be able to pay to hold them. A necessary business decision.

Young Jamie Humphries, Tolu Koula, Josh Feledy, Leto Fainu, all potential better than average first graders. How do we hold them if we are bottle necked at the top. Decisions have to be made and a scenario such as the DCE issue is just one of them.

I hope we hold onto DCE. But I would hate to see Manly fall into the mistakes on retention made between 2015-20. We have a great junior recruitment programme. But it must ensure the gateway is open and money available, to reach the senior ranks for those with the talent

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

if Manly’s only attacking options come off DCE then opposition can easily put him off his game by running big forwards at him in defence and from markers knowing he is going to get the ball in attack.

When Thurston was at the Cowboys opposition did the same thing until he had a great roster around him. They finished in the bottom half of the comp more than the top half with one of the greatest halfbacks of all time.

Are we paying DCE too much, yes. Is there another half we could get for cheaper, maybe, but who knows. We took a gamble on him years ago and it hasn’t yet paid off. But there is still time.

Premierships aren’t easy to come by. You need a great roster, with a great run of luck, with few injuries to key players.

We have been spoilt over the years. My 12 year old son has been to two Manly GF,s with one win. I know supporters of other clubs who have never seen there team win.

With some luck next year we may be premiers again, and if so DCE will go down as a club great.

if he retires and we don’t get another one sure he won’t have that same status but he does bleed Maroon and White.

We missed 19 tackles in the first half yesterday, chez missed horribly on To’o that lead to their first try, Foz got found out later in the game on Martins try, Cleary sucked him in, anyway take those two defensive errors out of the game and it’s fair to say the result may have been very different.

We missed 19 tackles in the first half yesterday, chez missed horribly on To’o that lead to their first try, Foz got found out later in the game on Martins try, Cleary sucked him in, anyway take those two defensive errors out of the game and it’s fair to say the result may have been very different.
Jake dropped the ball 2m out on our fourth set in a row, then Penrith March downfield and scored.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8