• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Is DCE even that tight with Myles ?? or Lussick for that matter ?? I don't think they are the 3 Musketeers by any stretch of the imagination, sincerely doubt they ring each other to check what they are wearing to training each morning. They didn't grow up together, have hardly played together and I get the feeling that the BFF line is a bit of a long bow.

Sure they are probably mates, but I can't see any of the 3 of them sorting their future contracts on the basis of each others movements.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Id suggest if Nate Myles is added to the Roster (which all the pundits suggest is happening) then DCE would be surrounded by the love of his best mates, rather than surrounded by a bunch of players who "supposedly" hated his guts.

And as long as Manly meet the deal (and no reason they can't as we know the cap is there) then maybe.

I'd bring up one of the kids from NSW Cup / 20's to partner him, would also show loyalty which I think would be a good thing at this point.

I could live with our existing players, minus Mason / Foran and with the addition of Myles / Lussick for 2016

We then need to spend some Under 20's cap and go hunting some forwards that we can bring through in 2017, or even a bit of a run in 2016.

Not perfect by any means but certainly doable!!

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Is DCE even that tight with Myles ?? or Lussick for that matter ?? I don't think they are the 3 Musketeers by any stretch of the imagination, sincerely doubt they ring each other to check what they are wearing to training each morning. They didn't grow up together, have hardly played together and I get the feeling that the BFF line is a bit of a long bow.

Sure they are probably mates, but I can't see any of the 3 of them sorting their future contracts on the basis of each others movements.
I was typing mine as you posted yours.

Who knows??....but the media seem to suggest that he's buddies with Darcy from his Manly days, and buddies with Myles from his Australia / QLD connection.......as to the truth of it.....????

eaglebuzz

Bencher
The momentum regarding DCE staying (I don't want to use the negative connotative sounding 'backflip') is gaining so much traction.....soon DCE will be ringing himself!!!!!

My theory is the power brokers scuttled his deal because they wanted Foran, but in hindsight have come to realise the myriad of reasons behind why that was a terrible idea. And now that they realise DCE was the far superior option (and the guy who actually wants to be at the club) they're trying to right the wrong.

Andrew..

Bencher
Tipping Member
My theory is the power brokers scuttled his deal because they wanted Foran, but in hindsight have come to realise the myriad of reasons behind why that was a terrible idea. And now that they realise DCE was the far superior option (and the guy who actually wants to be at the club) they're trying to right the wrong.
I'd say that's spot on.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Bozo must have seen the light on foz also.

Jatz Crackers

First Grader
I can understand certain players having preferences.........other players who they get on well with on & off the field, and preferences on who they want to play along side.

But making their contract situations (which mind you are complicated enough) conditional upon specific other players is madness. From both a club management perspective and from a players contractual perspective. Let alone the "signings" perspective.

This is a professional sport and while I agree that players have preferences I find it very hard to believe the spin the media like to place on certain aspects such as this.

Take that rumour the media is peddling about the foran get out clause if there is upheaval at slime management. Hahahahahaha, show me the clause that specifies that & I will show you a contract written on a beer coaster with the words "maybe" "intent" & "perhaps" inserted all over the place.

May as well shake hands and give your word. (insert lol here)

HoldenV8

Journey Man
If DCE does backflip and stays in the maroon and white, I would not be announcing it until 13 June. That way there would be no chance for the Tits to make a counter offer. All they could do is cry about it (which if truth be told is what most of us are going to do if he does leave).

Question is, if that happened would the story get leaked out before the deadline? I doubt one person could keep it under wraps.

You know, if for argument sake DCE stayed and we did pick up Myles and Lussick, our team next season could potentially look something like:

Snake, Jorge, Peta, Skivy, Gutho/Tom T, Killer, DCE, Jake T, Matty, Myles, Ferris, Symonds, Mateo. Res from Lui, Horo, Lussick, Hodges, Sao, JSL, Burgess.

Although Snake, Killer and maybe Matty Ballin would/might be in their last year in 2016, that is still a top 4 team on paper.

Last edited:

HappilyManly

Journey Man
If DCE does backflip and stays in the maroon and white, I would not be announcing it until 13 June. That way there would be no chance for the Tits to make a counter offer. All they could do is cry about it (which if truth be told is what most of us are going to do if he does leave).

Question is, if that happened would the story get leaked out before the deadline? I doubt one person could keep it under wraps.
No, as Chez is already a Manly Player, any contract with us is registered straight away. Like the Gutho and Turbos were last week.

Darcy did play with Chez, but is not why Bozo wants him back.
Myles has the same issue as Gifty had, high money and injury prone, so the Titans want him on less than his Option value is.@:cool:

Manly seems to be busy and more importantly, coherent in recruitment and retention - at last @:)

Still amazed at Foran's get out clause regarding the Eels Board :eek: Control freak extraordinaire! Now we know 'the level' he wants the Dalai to take him to :cool:

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
I can understand certain players having preferences.........other players who they get on well with on & off the field, and preferences on who they want to play along side.

But making their contract situations (which mind you are complicated enough) conditional upon specific other players is madness. From both a club management perspective and from a players contractual perspective. Let alone the "signings" perspective.

This is a professional sport and while I agree that players have preferences I find it very hard to believe the spin the media like to place on certain aspects such as this.

Take that rumour the media is peddling about the foran get out clause if there is upheaval at slime management. Hahahahahaha, show me the clause that specifies that & I will show you a contract written on a beer coaster with the words "maybe" "intent" & "perhaps" inserted all over the place.

May as well shake hands and give your word. (insert lol here)
Imagine for a second that Fitzy gets back in at Parra and BA is axed very soon. Would our club put their offer to Foz back on the table? It would be an almighty ****storm. LEts just hope this Parra board remains and Foz goes for his big money deal because if it doesn't he will stay and that is much worse than him going, especially with Killer saying Tom Turbo may have a go at the 6.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Question without notice. Does the Round 13 deadline only allow players to renege on deals to stay with their CURRENT club ?? Or can you renege on a deal to sign with another club that may come into the mix at the 11th hour ??

If we are talking besties with DCE, than number one is B Barba. Seems Gallen hasn't progressed his contract talks with the Sharks for next year and may not be re-signed. That'll give them some extra cash to throw around. If I opened my mail I might find a letter there that says the Sharks haven't given up hope of securing DCE.

Ralphie

Bencher
Question without notice. Does the Round 13 deadline only allow players to renege on deals to stay with their CURRENT club ?? Or can you renege on a deal to sign with another club that may come into the mix at the 11th hour ??

If we are talking besties with DCE, than number one is B Barba. Seems Gallen hasn't progressed his contract talks with the Sharks for next year and may not be re-signed. That'll give them some extra cash to throw around. If I opened my mail I might find a letter there that says the Sharks haven't given up hope of securing DCE.
Only your current club.

Ralphie

Bencher
With all this talk of DCE backflip, Myles, Lussick and now Ashley Taylor I have listed below a roster of the top 25 players if it all happened, which by the way I doubt it will. If it does, then its a pretty good looking roster.
1. Snake
2. Jorge
3. Killer
4. Skivvy
5. Hiku
6. Ashley Taylor
7. DCE
8. Jake Turbo
9. Ballin
10. Lussick
11. Mateo
12. Buhrer