• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

eaglebuzz

Bencher
It's an absolute travesty that the above could be our halves pairings next year. I thought penn scenario planned for both to leave cause the options above are scenario planning to get the spoon.

I could live with it if we had a fantastic forward pack. Carney, Sandow and Lui can all play. They're not top shelf players but they're capable.

Would much prefer that DCE extends his contract with Manly though.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I thought Robert Lui was a talent, and liked what he did the ball...but...the guy cannot defend to save his life. He leaks so many points, and did so, even when the Cowboys were at the top of their game. It's like playing a man short when he is defending. It's not so much a lack of physicality either; it's his reads.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ash Taylor from the Broncos to be at Manly from 2016 according to Dobbo on NRL 360.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
If right, we'd have a completely loaded team, and would need to offload some players. 36 players are listed below. Who gets the chop (top 25 are in a squad, so cut 11)?

01. Brett Stewart, Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua, David Williams, Cheyse Blair
03. Steve Matai, Brayden Wiliame
04. Peta Hiku, Delroy Berryman
05. Clinton Gutherson
06. Jamie Lyon, Manaia Rudolph
07. Daly Cherry-Evans, Riley Travers, Jack Littlejohn
08. Darcy Lussick, Willie Mason
09. Matt Ballin,
10. Nate Myles, Josh Starling
11. Feleti Mateo, Jesse Sene-Lefeo
12. Tom Symonds, Blake Leary
13. Jamie Buhrer, Justin Horo

14. Jayden Hodges
15. Brenton Lawrence, James Hasson
16. Jake Trbojevic, Ligi Sao, Uiti Baker, Michael Chee-Kam
17. Dunamis Lui, Tyson Andrews, Siosaia Vave

then a couple of NYC call ups? If we are after DCE, Myles and Lussick, maybe we have to rationalise guys, and lose maybe a Brenton Lawrence for a Ligi Sao. Lose a Justin Horo for a Dunamis Lui to get a certain top 17 start? Maybe no - we would need to shed 11 or more.

To start with, the players I'd look at moving on:-

01. David Williams (love him, but want him to get 1st grade time on the park)
02. Cheyse Blair (Tom Trbojevic & Brayden Wiliame make him somewhat surplus)
03. Delroy Berryman (Had his shot, and we have depth/utility already in the centers)
04. Jack Littlejohn (If DCE stays, Travers should be his under study)
05. Manaia Rudolph (HATE giving up a 5/8, but Buhrer, Lyon, Bullet can all play 5/8 worst case)
06. Siosaia Vave (By all reports, has looked ordinary in Premier League)
07. Michael Chee-Kam (Has not lived up to expectation unfortunately)
08. Uiti Baker (Same goes for Uiti - just needed to find that next level - and our depth kills him)
09. Willie Mason (I watched an old Dogs game yesterday - and he's a shadow of that player - retires)
10. James Hasson (Out with Hasson, in with Lussick - I love Lussick tbh as a player)
11. Jesse Sene-Lefeo (Killed me this one, but he has really dropped off in form and impact)

Therefore, my top 25 are: Brett Stewart, Tom Trbojevic, Jorge Taufua, Steve Matai, Brayden Wiliame, Peta Hiku, Clinton Gutherson, Jamie Lyon, Daly Cherry-Evans, Riley Travers, Darcy Lussick, Matt Ballin, Nate Myles, Josh Starling, Feleti Mateo, Tom Symonds, Blake Leary, Jamie Buhrer, Juston Horo, Jayden Hodges, Brenton Lawrence, Jake Trbojevic, Ligi Sao, Tyson Andrews & Dunamis Lui.

That has quality written all over it, and I also think one of the best rosters on paper. I also think this team would do really well for Toovey. I feel bad for the other players, but this IS a business after all these days.

Thought's?

Would still like to go after a young half like hastings and keep Burgess for his final year. Let go of Andrews. Rest looks good.

Eagleman

Reserve Grader
Didnt think we were a chance as he was contracted for 2016. If they are prepared to release him early we should def' make a play for him. I think this young fella has more potential than Elgey.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
NRL 2015: How Manly plan to keep Daly Cherry-Evans at Sea Eagles — Market Watch

CHERRY-EVANS BACKFLIP FIRMING

MANLY legend Cliff Lyons has urged Daly Cherry-Evans to stay at Brookvale, with the club on the verge of completing the ultimate U-turn.

A Cherry-Evans backflip is gaining momentum, with the Sea Eagles pulling out all the stops to convince the young Test star to reject a deal to join the Gold Coast next season.

The club has just over three weeks left to strike a deal with the halfback, with the Titans unable to register their big money four-year deal with the NRL until after round 13.

“Everyone is hopeful,” Lyons told foxsports.com.au of Cherry-Evans changing his mind.

“If he stays that makes things a bit easier.

“Losing your key playmakers at one time is daunting for any side.”

Having lost Anthony Watmough to Parramatta last year and Kieran Foran set to leave at the end of the season, the Sea Eagles look likely to get one of their own back.

Darcy Lussick is close to agreeing on a three-year deal which will see him return to the club he made his NRL debut with in 2011.

The Sea Eagles are also firming as favourite to secure the signature of Gold Coast skipper Nate Myles for next season, on a three-year deal worth close to $1.5 million.

Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey appeared on NRL360 on Wednesday night where he was quizzed on their tactic of targeting friends of Cherry-Evans.

When asked if the tactic works Toovey jokingly replied: “I’ll let you know in a couple of weeks.”

Should the club lose Cherry-Evans, it is being reported that Brisbane would be willing to release Holden Cup halfback Ashley Taylor to take up an NRL deal as he is stuck behind Ben Hunt and Anthony Milford in the pecking order.

According to Lyons, who wore the No.6 for NSW and Australia, young outside back Tom Trbojevic could be a possible replacement for Kieran Foran and play five-eighth for the Sea Eagles next season.

“We have young Trbojevic — I know he is a fullback but I’m sure he used to play half or five-eighth before,” Lyons offered.

“I’d be looking at him to move up to the halves at one stage even though he is only young, he has a bit of talent about him ... There is a bit of potential there.

032450-d2a8eb70-f3b2-11e4-9134-cf9443e7fd03.jpg

Cliff Lyons playing for Manly.Source: News Limited

“If you can’t get a top liner you go for your juniors.”

Like Lyons, Cherry-Evans won a Clive Churchill Medal while playing for the Sea Eagles and Cliffy has urged the 26-year-old to remain with the club next season.

“We have class at Manly and we’re a top-line side,” Lyons said.

“He is going to be doing a lot of work up there (on the Gold Coast), going to new ground, at a new club, so it’s going to take him a couple of years to fit in there.

“Staying at Manly he won’t have to go through that change.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------
God has spoken, and it was thus :angel:

Last edited:

Andrew..

Bencher
Tipping Member
Well that article will certainly throw a cat amongst the pigeons.....hold on everyone and prepare for more turbulence !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18