• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You are soooo delusional it’s almost funny. Did you forget to mention his first two games of the season? Or are we just gonna pretend they didn’t happen? He was easily the worst player on the field both those games. The truth is we haven’t won a premiership since DCE’s first year in first grade, which was 11 years ago now, in case you’ve forgotten. And that isn’t going to change any time soon. Essentially, by the time DCE’s next contract is done, which is now another 4 years away (at least), Tom will be past his prime and we would’ve wasted a very special career that could have led us to a premiership, or even a few, had we let DCE go at the end of 2023, when his current contract was meant to finish, and looked to the future instead. When are you going to realise DCE has been severely underperforming for yearsss now and only comes good in the rare clutch moments when he need to kick a field goal to win the game. He can’t dig into the line, like Foran can, to save his life! The bloke is so scared of getting tackled he just runs across the field and throws a pass to his outside men about 2 meters away from the defenders, which has absolutely zero effect. And in defence he constantly rushes up without any communication to Haumole and his other inside men, leaving huge holes inside him. And not to mention his kicking game, which aside from last week, he always gets the ball about 10m behind the play the ball on last tackle, and puts a nothing bomb up, that allows the fullback or wingers to run it back up to their 40m line and get perfect field position. Wake up to yourself.
Stop dribbling. The real elephant in the room is Jake being on 900k.

Don’t understand the negativity, assuming the money is right. There is a real lack of quality number 7’s around, and the good ones take a while to develop.
That's fine if DCE (& Foran) win a premiership this year or next year. Otherwise, I would prefer that this extension doesn't hold back the development of Latu Fainu (think he'll be NRL ready in 2 years) or Schuster.

You are soooo delusional it’s almost funny. Did you forget to mention his first two games of the season? Or are we just gonna pretend they didn’t happen? He was easily the worst player on the field both those games. The truth is we haven’t won a premiership since DCE’s first year in first grade, which was 11 years ago now, in case you’ve forgotten. And that isn’t going to change any time soon. Essentially, by the time DCE’s next contract is done, which is now another 4 years away (at least), Tom will be past his prime and we would’ve wasted a very special career that could have led us to a premiership, or even a few, had we let DCE go at the end of 2023, when his current contract was meant to finish, and looked to the future instead. When are you going to realise DCE has been severely underperforming for yearsss now and only comes good in the rare clutch moments when he need to kick a field goal to win the game. He can’t dig into the line, like Foran can, to save his life! The bloke is so scared of getting tackled he just runs across the field and throws a pass to his outside men about 2 meters away from the defenders, which has absolutely zero effect. And in defence he constantly rushes up without any communication to Haumole and his other inside men, leaving huge holes inside him. And not to mention his kicking game, which aside from last week, he always gets the ball about 10m behind the play the ball on last tackle, and puts a nothing bomb up, that allows the fullback or wingers to run it back up to their 40m line and get perfect field position. Wake up to yourself.
So just to be clear you say dump DCE now so we don't waste 4 years of Prime Turbo yes?

OK sounds great. Let's drop in our hidden boom no.7 right in to win it all.

Everyone please welcome....... our superstar in waiting........ 16yo........ sorry whats the kids name again?

Stop dribbling. The real elephant in the room is Jake being on 900k.
Is it dribble though? Or can you just not handle the facts? I don’t agree with Jake being on 900k either but DCE is a much bigger problem than him. How about you actually open your eyes next time you sit down to watch a game of footy

So just to be clear you say dump DCE now so we don't waste 4 years of Prime Turbo yes?

OK sounds great. Let's drop in our hidden boom no.7 right in to win it all.

Everyone please welcome....... our superstar in waiting........ 16yo........ sorry whats the kids name again?
Maybe try to go back and read what I said again. I said get rid of DCE after his current contract ends which is at the end of 2023. By this stage, either Schuster or Humphreys would be more than ready to slot into the halves. But instead we’re going to waste these two young talents and keep DCE around for another 4 years, at which stage he will be 36 years of age, because why the **** not

It’s past your bed time @aidos don’t you have school tomorrow?
You’re complaining about DCE’s age, yet he is one of the fittest players at the club and his attack and defence is still elite.

Your claims that DCE is hindering Tommy is fkn pathetic at best. Snake seemed to be able to win a comp with DCE at 7.
Tommy hasn’t single handedly won us big matches yet, however in the past DCE has.

Stop being so negative, it’s unhealthy.

It’s past your bed time @aidos don’t you have school tomorrow?
You’re complaining about DCE’s age, yet he is one of the fittest players at the club and his attack and defence is still elite.

Your claims that DCE is hindering Tommy is fkn pathetic at best. Snake seemed to be able to win a comp with DCE at 7.
Tommy hasn’t single handedly won us big matches yet, however in the past DCE has.

Stop being so negative, it’s unhealthy.
Hahahah oh jeez you really do have no clue. DCE’s attack and defence are elite? That’s a good one. Keep in mind in 2011 we had the likes of Gifty, Lyon, Watmough, Kite and Matai in that team. It was their team. Not DCE’s. He was just a rookie in his first year of first grade. And honestly, it was probably one of the best years of his career, if not the best. Since then, his game has significantly regressed, as he is now afraid to take on the line and his best part of his game, which was his running game, barely exists anymore. And you saying Tommy hasn’t single handedly won us any big games yet is a joke. He literally carried us on his back last year. If it wasn’t for him he would’ve been bottom 4 again. And how well was DCE going up until round 5 when Tom returned. Pretty ****ing bad if my memory is correct. Also, in case you didn’t realise, it’s always been a halfbacks job to kick those winning field goals, not the fullbacks. So you’d bloody hope DCE could slot a few of them.

Hahahah oh jeez you really do have no clue. DCE’s attack and defence are elite? That’s a good one. Keep in mind in 2011 we had the likes of Gifty, Lyon, Watmough, Kite and Matai in that team. It was their team. Not DCE’s. He was just a rookie in his first year of first grade. And honestly, it was probably one of the best years of his career, if not the best. Since then, his game has significantly regressed, as he is now afraid to take on the line and his best part of his game, which was his running game, barely exists anymore. And you saying Tommy hasn’t single handedly won us any big games yet is a joke. He literally carried us on his back last year. If it wasn’t for him he would’ve been bottom 4 again. And how well was DCE going up until round 5 when Tom returned. Pretty ****ing bad if my memory is correct. Also, in case you didn’t realise, it’s always been a halfbacks job to kick those winning field goals, not the fullbacks. So you’d bloody hope DCE could slot a few of them.
Well done captain obvious, Chez had some once in a generation players around him that did make his job easier in 2011.

Ah crap you better tell Paps and Latrell not to kick winning field goals anymore that’s not their job.

And no my claim is not a joke, you still didn’t tell me which top teams we beat last year. You avoided the claim and turned it into Tom carrying us last year. We were flat track bullies don’t deny it. We didn’t beat any top teams that were flying.

Well done captain obvious, Chez had some once in a generation players around him that did make his job easier in 2011.

Ah crap you better tell Paps and Latrell not to kick winning field goals anymore that’s not their job.

And no my claim is not a joke, you still didn’t tell me which top teams we beat last year. You avoided the claim and turned it into Tom carrying us last year. We were flat track bullies don’t deny it. We didn’t beat any top teams that were flying.
Yep, that was back then. And for about the last 7 years DCE has been the 1.3 million dollar man that is meant to control the team. But he’s failed to do that, time and time again. And I can’t believe you’re even trying to compare Turbo to DCE. First of all, one of them is the best player in the world and the other one is not even top 3 in his position. Secondly, they play completely different positions anyway. And yes I know we were flat track bullies, everyone knows that. But if you really want to turn this into a DCE v Turbo argument (which actually has nothing to do with my original comment) then please tell me what “big” games DCE has single handedly won us. And I don’t mean just kicking a field goal at the end of the game to seal the win, because any half should be able to do that. I mean single handedly carrying us to victory, like Tom does pretty much every week. I’ll wait…

Is it dribble though? Or can you just not handle the facts? I don’t agree with Jake being on 900k either but DCE is a much bigger problem than him. How about you actually open your eyes next time you sit down to watch a game of footy
I watch every game of footy including a lot of non manly games. I just can't see the logic in your post?
Who do you play at no.7 if not DCE? Its a valid question that the majority of anti DCE posters ignore.
Please tell me a plan that is BETTER than what we have now?
Sue id probably take cleary but he's about the only one week in week out that has the runs on the board.
Just a straight up answer would be fantastic

I watch every game of footy including a lot of non manly games. I just can't see the logic in your post?
Who do you play at no.7 if not DCE? Its a valid question that the majority of anti DCE posters ignore.
Sue id probably take cleary but he's about the only one week in week out that has the runs on the board.

I remember the 'good ol days' on this forum where posters were demanding Manly throw 1 million (plus) for Ash Taylor.

Anyone know how much he signed for per year on the extension? This is really the only thing that matters to get real value and make a genuine premiership push

Since then, his game has significantly regressed, as he is now afraid to take on the line and his best part of his game, which was his running game, barely exists anymore.

You know DCE had 71 tackle busts last year.....3rd in our team behind Turbo and Garrick.

And second in the comp for halfbacks after Hughes

Foran had 30.

Also beat Foran comfortably in line breaks and line break assists.

The narrative that DCE doesnt engage the line is one that is not based in reality.

*it appears Foxsports aren't running full player stats this year

You know DCE had 71 tackle busts last year.....3rd in our team behind Turbo and Garrick.

And second in the comp for halfbacks after Hughes

Foran had 30.

Also beat Foran comfortably in line breaks and line break assists.

The narrative that DCE doesnt engage the line is one that is not based in reality.

*it appears Foxsports aren't running full player stats this year
Stop using facts to back your argument mate. Its just not fair to use facts against personal opinion.

Ricky Stuart is a fair judge on halfbacks. In fact arguably the most well informed on the position in current nrl head coaching ranks. What did he say about dce in the weekend? I bet Sticky and prob about another ten nrl coaches would do whatever was required to sign dce after this contract expires. I’m good with the re signing.

its a pretty vague question considering. DCE has been with us for 7 years. Every half back in the comp has been available in that time, Nicho hynes was in our juniors. we paid then and now the biggest contract in the NRL ever and your saying in all that time we wouldnt have solved the issue.

Every team that has won the comp since has done it without dCE as halfback , how is that for a stat. I hate stats though,

Last edited:
It annoys me as it seems like the club feels like they have to offer these very long term deals, on huge money, when no other front running club does this.
What? It was only a couple of days ago that Storm (a front running club) just extended Hughes and Coates to the end of 2026,and there's been several other long term extensions by Storm and Chooks for example, renegotiating current deals and adding a couple of years on well into the future.

No contract comes without risk but I think extending DCE will likely keep our premiership window open longer. Time will tell of course!

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6