• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
what is he like at training @Snake?

Is he a hard trainer, does he do extras? How is he with the youngsters?

Guess what I am asking is does he bring more to the group than just what we see on the weekend?
He is top shelf. He is captain because he leads by example on the training paddock, that's for sure.

I don't think he is above criticism and he certainly has had patches of questionable form but when we've needed him to step up, he always has...just like he did against the Warriors a couple of weeks ago. He was our premiership winning halfback in 2011 and a Churchill medal winner in 2013. Since then, there have been myriad of reasons for Manly's inability to scale the same heights, none of which I put down to Daly. Like any 7, he performs best with a quality, stable roster around him and no 7 in the competition would have come along and done a better than him under the circumstances of the last 6-7 years at Manly. That is why I do not see his price tag as a problem. We'd have lost plenty more games than we'd won over the years had he gone to the Titans.

DCE is being paid what he is worth , he is a match winner, leads by example on the field and at training, he debut with us and will be a one club player, its no accident that he captains the club and with pride.. yes his human and may go missing or stuff up sometimes but I wouldn't replace him with any other half back as he is MANLY.

The amount of "death riders" this guy has knocked over in his career is staggering, the press, other players, other team fans and even our own fans but he keeps getting up off the canvass and delivers the knock out blow when it counts.

He will be at our club post his playing days and the young group coming through can do no worse than to role model themselves on him, on and off the field.

According to Paul Kent on NRL360 there is a rumour going around of DCE going to the Bronco's next season. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was true.
I wouldn't be surprised either. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that they would be silly not to at least make inquiries. DCE has another 2 years on his contract and Brisbane are desperate and could offer him a 3 or 4 year deal on big money (take him to 36 years old). They need a marquee player to show the way on and off the field, particularly with the new Brisbane team on its way, and who better than the QLD state of origin captain? From DCE's perspective, he can go from QLD villain to Broncos saviour (although I am not sure he cares so much about that stuff).

According to Paul Kent on NRL360 there is a rumour going around of DCE going to the Bronco's next season. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was true.
The bi-annual “DCE To Broncos” rumour.Kent said Manly needed to sort out its cap issues so may look to offload him but why on earth would Manly be stupid enough to leak out a rumour like that?If any club,in this case the Broncos,got a sniff that another club was looking to offload a million dollar + player,they would be straight on the phone saying they’ll take him but you have to pay at least half the freight.If theres any legs to this rumour,guarantee it wouldn’t be coming from the club.

The bi-annual “DCE To Broncos” rumour.Kent said Manly needed to sort out its cap issues so may look to offload him but why on earth would Manly be stupid enough to leak out a rumour like that?If any club,in this case the Broncos,got a sniff that another club was looking to offload a million dollar + player,they would be straight on the phone saying they’ll take him but you have to pay at least half the freight.If theres any legs to this rumour,guarantee it wouldn’t be coming from the club.
I think it would be the Broncos that would be starting the rumour. Because they can't approach DCE, they put this rumour out there, see if DCE's manager bites and asks Manly if it is true, then a conversation between Manly and manager takes place around 'what if Daly was able to secure a longer term deal elsewhere, would you stand in his way', and it goes from there. The manager's don't need to be approached by a club to know how to play the game.

Without any knowledge of how things work in practice, the above makes sense to me.

Dce wont be going anywhere and the club will give him what he wants
If I was a punter, and I am not, but I would bet that he doesn't end his career with Manly. When his contract with Manly is up, he will be 34 years old. There will be club's willing to pay him stupid money that I don't think Manly will be prepared to get close to. I mean, I can't believe Chad Townsend has just negotiated $800k a year. Solid, yes, but that's about it. I am not even sure he is in the Top 10 halfbacks in the comp. Cleary, Keary, Hughes, DCE, S Walker, A Reynolds, M Pearce, Fogarty, Foz, Moses, S Johnson, are all better than Townsend.

I think it would be the Broncos that would be starting the rumour. Because they can't approach DCE, they put this rumour out there, see if DCE's manager bites and asks Manly if it is true, then a conversation between Manly and manager takes place around 'what if Daly was able to secure a longer term deal elsewhere, would you stand in his way', and it goes from there. The manager's don't need to be approached by a club to know how to play the game.

Without any knowledge of how things work in practice, the above makes sense to me.
It does and I’m not suggesting it hasn’t happened but Kent was making it sound like Manly instigating the rumour

And to add to the above, the journos are part of the charade in their endless quest for 'content'.
Yep and another story today by Brent Read who suggested the Tigers go hard on Kalyn Ponga,so that in a few years time he,and other journos can write stories about how much the Tigers cap is taken up by 1 player

Just watching Nrl 360 Paul Kent just stated Manly looking at offloading players due to salary cap space apparently Dce could go to Bribane Bonkers hahaha kidding me lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-26-20-11-10-90.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-26-20-11-10-90.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 24

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10