• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Definitely a better effort from him but let's not get carried away still room for improvement. We aren't going to get teams like the Warriors every week that let us stay in a contest for the last minute field goal victory.

Kicking early was obviously a coaching decision and it worked in his favour because he had a little more time to get kicks away because Warriors weren't thinking kick pressure in early tackles. It also took the pressure off him for good 5th tackle options, something we still struggled with last night.

The kick for Saab was obviously a rehearsed play and well executed, pin point kick stopping just over the try line so all Saab had to do was force the ball. Perfectly weighted. The Schuster try was essentially a very ordinary kick that went straight to Nikorima who dropped it cold. But you need some luck to win games when you are struggling.

The forwards laid a good platform last night and DCE had a reasonable game off the back of that. Played more direct and less concentric circle work. Still a work in progress so let's hope that win last night lifts the confidence of the team and him personally.

Definitely a better effort from him but let's not get carried away still room for improvement. We aren't going to get teams like the Warriors every week that let us stay in a contest for the last minute field goal victory.

Kicking early was obviously a coaching decision and it worked in his favour because he had a little more time to get kicks away because Warriors weren't thinking kick pressure in early tackles. It also took the pressure off him for good 5th tackle options, something we still struggled with last night.

The kick for Saab was obviously a rehearsed play and well executed, pin point kick stopping just over the try line so all Saab had to do was force the ball. Perfectly weighted. The Schuster try was essentially a very ordinary kick that went straight to Nikorima who dropped it cold. But you need some luck to win games when you are struggling.

The forwards laid a good platform last night and DCE had a reasonable game off the back of that. Played more direct and less concentric circle work. Still a work in progress so let's hope that win last night lifts the confidence of the team and him personally.
Agree . While he did some good kicks a fair few were awful including the kick that led to poor field position for the warriors first try. I also saw 2 great kicks from croker and foran. Apart from dalys 2 kicks being the field goal and kick for try, croker and forans kicks were better than all others.

Im so glad kicking early was a team play because it seemed he was never going to work that out in his noggin. His first try assist for the year and i still dont think he has a line break assist so that is still a major concern

A win was great, DCE played solid but nothing more. I suppose it seemed so good because he has been horrible.

Without those 2 highlight kicks which led to a spectacular last minute win he still struggled to make any other impact really. If the team plan was to kick on third and cust or croker had the 7 on there backs they could have done the same.

The 2 kicks were class, the rest was what is expected as a bare minimum in the NRL as a halfback

But can he hold it together to string another 20 controlled games together . Lets be honest it was a hatched plan to stop the rot, but has he learnt from it

In my eyes it showed he needs to be micro managed

It's always been the way. We struggle through games and kick a field goal for a last gasp win and suddenly he's turned the corner and is the best half in the comp again. I wonder what the consensus on here would have been had Schusters FG attempt not got charged down ?? Would he have been collecting all the 3 points in the MVP voting ??

He's great at kicking field goals I'll give him that, but it papers over some of the cracks that are still there ?

After playing with a "clouded" mind for the opening four rounds, Daly Cherry-Evans was resolved to trust his instincts in a relieving win over the Warriors.

The Sea Eagles captain shook off criticism of his recent output to boot a last-second field goal and give his team a 13-12 victory – their first of the season – at Central Coast Stadium on Friday night.

But it was the halfback's gutsy 75-metre kick from a scrum to set up a first-half try for winger Jason Saab, who scorched down the sideline, that set up the result and underlined his mentality.

"I just had to back myself. You watched the first month of footy; I wasn't backing myself," the Queensland skipper said.

He can be full of himself sometimes. What a wanky article. He put on a "performance" ?? We scraped home against a very ordinary Warriors side FFS. Let's see how we go against the Titans and Tigers over the next 2 weeks before we start beating our own drum.

Thought that was his easily his best game all year. He just stayed the hell out of the way and did the basics well enough - i.e. just passed the ball and tackled effectively. He (or Des) let Foran control the kicking and we looked so much better. A couple of grubbers is all I can remember from him.

Looks like Foran running the show worked well, let's see if that happens again against the Tigers.

Still horribly out of form, wasn't involved in any of the tries. Didnt stifle the attack because he didn't get involved
Don't want to bag Dce, but we saw what impact a million dollar player should have on the game yesterday. Thankyou Tommy.
FFS you lot just wont let up will you? Lets lay it out so we all know where we stand.
Yes DCE has been playing like a busted arse. Yes hes been out of form in the first 4 rounds but at some point even you lot will need to lighten up.
The guy gets slammed for trying to be in everything and overplaying. He gets slammed for now not being in everthing and letting others share the load.
What do you want? Do you just want the guy dropped and gone because thats what it sounds like.
Yes hes on huge money but it was the club that did that not him. He signed for 800k at the tits and it was our management that broke the bank to keep him.
Its like whenever we struggle its all his fault. I just dont understand the hate.
Yesterday was Forans best game. Hes been a passenger up until now. Understandable given new structures and new team. It takes time to build momentum.
Tommy returns and we are a different team. Its all about those few players in the game that are in everything and can do special things. Hes like the oil in our machine.

Just let the guy play without the hate perhaps.

FFS you lot just wont let up will you? Lets lay it out so we all know where we stand.
Yes DCE has been playing like a busted arse. Yes hes been out of form in the first 4 rounds but at some point even you lot will need to lighten up.
The guy gets slammed for trying to be in everything and overplaying. He gets slammed for now not being in everthing and letting others share the load.
What do you want? Do you just want the guy dropped and gone because thats what it sounds like.
Yes hes on huge money but it was the club that did that not him. He signed for 800k at the tits and it was our management that broke the bank to keep him.
Its like whenever we struggle its all his fault. I just dont understand the hate.
Yesterday was Forans best game. Hes been a passenger up until now. Understandable given new structures and new team. It takes time to build momentum.
Tommy returns and we are a different team. Its all about those few players in the game that are in everything and can do special things. Hes like the oil in our machine.

Ok cool. Better close this thread. Not allowed to talk about Dce anymore.

Don't be ridiculous, no-one's hating DCE. I am frustrated that we are paying someone $1.3m a season whos best attribute at the moment is not getting involved in an attacking play.

It's pretty obvious what I want to see - and that's a player getting paid $1.3m controlling the game like someone getting paid $1.3m should be. The more you get paid, the less slack you get given.

This approach of letting Foran run the show might be a step in the right direction, but it's not the end solution. Manly and DCE have to figure out how to get back into form so that he adds $1.3m worth of value to the team.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7