• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ok cool. Better close this thread. Not allowed to talk about Dce anymore.
Of course you can. Just dont understand the continual **** slinging against our own player and or players.
Hell there were calls by so many on here in the last few weeks to move on Tommy T because hes not worth the price tag. Well thats a good idea NOT.....

I really feel people are living in La La land at this very moment in time.

We are not the powerhouse club we used to be. Far from it unfortunately. We cant just sell a player and replace them with say Cleary for instance. Not possible anymore.

Sure sell DCE but be prepared to play Cust or get a middle of the road player in because thats all we could get these days.

Of course you can. Just dont understand the continual **** slinging against our own player and or players.
Hell there were calls by so many on here in the last few weeks to move on Tommy T because hes not worth the price tag. Well thats a good idea NOT.....
Dunno about DCE, but we are all as one though, at agreeing that Suli must be shipped out .....

FFS you lot just wont let up will you? Lets lay it out so we all know where we stand.
Yes DCE has been playing like a busted arse. Yes hes been out of form in the first 4 rounds but at some point even you lot will need to lighten up.
The guy gets slammed for trying to be in everything and overplaying. He gets slammed for now not being in everthing and letting others share the load.
What do you want? Do you just want the guy dropped and gone because thats what it sounds like.
Yes hes on huge money but it was the club that did that not him. He signed for 800k at the tits and it was our management that broke the bank to keep him.
Its like whenever we struggle its all his fault. I just dont understand the hate.
Yesterday was Forans best game. Hes been a passenger up until now. Understandable given new structures and new team. It takes time to build momentum.
Tommy returns and we are a different team. Its all about those few players in the game that are in everything and can do special things. Hes like the oil in our machine.

Just let the guy play without the hate perhaps.
I guess it's a bit of yin and yang. The fan club can't bring themselves to admit that he is playing poorly, there's always an excuse for him. Hooker can't pass, no Turbo, don't have a 5/8 that can take the pressure off him, it was raining, forwards didn't dominate the middle, it was windy, other team put pressure on him (inconsiderate bastards), Des can't coach, centres are useless, Siro cuts back inside, the ball was a bit flat......anyway you get the idea.

Saying that he is playing poorly isn't hating on the guy, it's pointing out a fact that he ISN'T playing well. I think the frustration boils over with him because there is a constant stream of people here who are prepared to lay into plenty of other players in the team but DCE gets a free pass because we are paying him a shedload of money and you can't criticise the highest paid player in the league. In their mind, he's the highest paid player therefore he must be the best. If he isn't bringing performances like the best then it's not his fault, something else must be wrong.

By the way no one is slamming him for not overplaying his hand and sharing the load. I personally think it's great ,long may it continue. I think all we want is some consistency and a minimum standard of play befitting a representative halfback.

Look we all know at some point he'll have a blinder or two, and the last 14 games will be a distant memory. He'll then go back to being the best halfback in the NRL in a blink of an eye. He's a polarising player that's for sure, which I find fascinating since he is our Club Captain.

Last edited:
I think Chez taking a back seat is the perfect way to play him back into form. Completely take the pressure off. Cheese on the Matty Johns show said Turbo is a big talker in attack and defence and its no wonder we all of a sudden had structure. When someone of Turbo's calibre tells you your do something or be somewhere you damn well do your best to do it. 1 man shouldn't make so much difference and in all my time I have never seen 1 player have so much influence. Maybe this is just showing us all how special Turbo really is. If he can stay fit he will go down as one of the greats! And id confidently say IF Turbo stays fit he will win us at least 1 premiership in his career.
Anyway back on track, I still believe with Lawton and/or Fainu in the team aswell as a fit and firing Turbo, Chez will come back to his best and will be a very important part of our teams success in the near future. Premiers 2022! Onwards and upwards.

Saying that he is playing poorly isn't hating on the guy, it's pointing out a fact that he ISN'T playing well. I think the frustration boils over with him because there is a constant stream of people here who are prepared to lay into plenty of other players in the team but DCE gets a free pass because we are paying him a shedload of money and you can't criticise the highest paid player in the league. In their mind, he's the highest paid player therefore he must be the best. If he isn't bringing performances like the best then it's not his fault, something else must be wrong.
I see your point in some of your original post but i dont agree he gets a free pass. IMHO hes the 1 guy that gets the most **** on here.

I guess it depends on what side of the fence you are on. But in my opinion I've never seen a player who gets afforded so many excuses for sub par performances. There are many posters on here who just will not accept that he can play a bad game due to being out of form. There always has to be an excuse why he didn't play well in their mind.

Like I said, he's certainly a polarising player. In my opinion history will show that his contract was one of the biggest mistakes this club has made. He just isn't anywhere near the best player in the NRL, and the fact that we are paying him as such and not getting the return on the investment is mind blowing. And not just for 3 or 4 seasons - 8 years !! 100% agree that's not DCE's fault, they offered it and he took it. But you have to understand that plays on peoples minds when they consider his level of contribution and consistency of that contribution - that's why he gets held to a higher account and cops more criticism than the rest of the team.

FFS you lot just wont let up will you? Lets lay it out so we all know where we stand.
Yes DCE has been playing like a busted arse. Yes hes been out of form in the first 4 rounds but at some point even you lot will need to lighten up.
The guy gets slammed for trying to be in everything and overplaying. He gets slammed for now not being in everthing and letting others share the load.
What do you want? Do you just want the guy dropped and gone because thats what it sounds like.
Yes hes on huge money but it was the club that did that not him. He signed for 800k at the tits and it was our management that broke the bank to keep him.
Its like whenever we struggle its all his fault. I just dont understand the hate.
Yesterday was Forans best game. Hes been a passenger up until now. Understandable given new structures and new team. It takes time to build momentum.
Tommy returns and we are a different team. Its all about those few players in the game that are in everything and can do special things. Hes like the oil in our machine.

Just let the guy play without the hate perhaps.
I would take you a lot more seriously if I saw you offering critiques on DCE's game as readily as you offer defences. I don't recall you ever calling out a DCE performance?

He DESERVES the most **** because he is the highest paid player in the NRL and performs nowhere near his pay grade...year after salary cap debilitating year. His contract was the worst we have ever negotiated...and that is saying something.
Wow you make a great point. 'We' as in the club negotiated that deal. 'We' as in the club attempted to bag Foran who screwed us big time. 'We' were robbed in the 14 GF where mr moneybags won the clive C medal on a loosing side. We as a club have purchased some absolute percent flogs over the last 6 years.
Of course he's been playing like crap and yes he needs to do better but 1 man does not make a team (unless your TT by the looks of it). Even the great JT was crap when the cows roster went south.

I would take you a lot more seriously if I saw you offering critiques on DCE's game as readily as you offer defences. I don't recall you ever calling out a DCE performance?
Obviously you dont read my posts very often and thats cool. I feel honoured you read the one above..... I like to think im realistic in my expectations unlike some who expect unicorns to fill our 1 thru 13.
DCE has been struggling for a long while and yes he needs to perform much better for an extended period. First tonadmit that but im also first to admit that given the club made the current deal happen whats the use of continually bitching at the bloke. Sure vent and say your piece but to keep week after week going on about it when 70% of the side is just as crap really doesnt help.

I guess it depends on what side of the fence you are on. But in my opinion I've never seen a player who gets afforded so many excuses for sub par performances. There are many posters on here who just will not accept that he can play a bad game due to being out of form. There always has to be an excuse why he didn't play well in their mind.

Like I said, he's certainly a polarising player. In my opinion history will show that his contract was one of the biggest mistakes this club has made. He just isn't anywhere near the best player in the NRL, and the fact that we are paying him as such and not getting the return on the investment is mind blowing. And not just for 3 or 4 seasons - 8 years !! 100% agree that's not DCE's fault, they offered it and he took it. But you have to understand that plays on peoples minds when they consider his level of contribution and consistency of that contribution - that's why he gets held to a higher account and cops more criticism than the rest of the team.
But at the end of the day you as a fan have to cop the decisions made by the club. You dont like it sure bitch away but it does no one any good and wont change squat.
He did win the CCM in the 14 GF loss where we were robbed. If we had have won that he would have been a 2 permiership winning HB. The Twenty years were the beginning of the rot with Him. So much for TB being an attacking sevngali.

But at the end of the day you as a fan have to cop the decisions made by the club. You dont like it sure bitch away but it does no one any good and wont change squat.
He did win the CCM in the 14 GF loss where we were robbed. If we had have won that he would have been a 2 permiership winning HB. The Twenty years were the beginning of the rot with Him. So much for TB being an attacking sevngali.
I guess you mean the 2013 GF.....

Wow you make a great point. 'We' as in the club negotiated that deal. 'We' as in the club attempted to bag Foran who screwed us big time. 'We' were robbed in the 14 GF where mr moneybags won the clive C medal on a loosing side. We as a club have purchased some absolute percent flogs over the last 6 years.
Of course he's been playing like crap and yes he needs to do better but 1 man does not make a team (unless your TT by the looks of it). Even the great JT was crap when the cows roster went south.
2013 GF.....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4