• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I find it hilarious we keep hearing the same crap like another poor year from DCE. He was voted on here as our best player last year LOL. He was at the top of the leader board in the NRL for try assists and line break assists in a poorly performing side. Two poor games and he has been underperforming for years. Haha, load a load of crap.
Those stats are very misleading, he only started to play well after we were not in contention. Aka after the pressure left. He got 4 try assists in one game the tigers game i think. Big deal the season was over. He has been under performing for years.. were did we come last season? In origin without Munster he got spanked and looked exactly like he does for Manly. The headless chook myth guy. Game 3 Munster returns dce is a passenger. He needs turbo back so turbo can take all the pressure off him. He can't play under pressure anymore he just can't. Last year he had some shockers as well but nothing like the last 2 weeks. If we want to make the top 8 his efforts need to match his price tag.. ben hunt was brilliant last weekend. Dce is way better then Hunt on his best day... if dce has even half a good game we can win. If he wastes all the opportunities the boys give us then we are no chance.
Ps no rain im predicting a score of

Dragons 36 - Manly 16

Walker at fb and Parker.. smh. Hunt and lomax will feast on parkers slow cooked bones

Those stats are very misleading, he only started to play well after we were not in contention. Aka after the pressure left. He got 4 try assists in one game the tigers game i think. Big deal the season was over. He has been under performing for years.. were did we come last season? In origin without Munster he got spanked and looked exactly like he does for Manly. The headless chook myth guy. Game 3 Munster returns dce is a passenger. He needs turbo back so turbo can take all the pressure off him. He can't play under pressure anymore he just can't. Last year he had some shockers as well but nothing like the last 2 weeks. If we want to make the top 8 his efforts need to match his price tag.. ben hunt was brilliant last weekend. Dce is way better then Hunt on his best day... if dce has even half a good game we can win. If he wastes all the opportunities the boys give us then we are no chance.

Dragons 36 - Manly 16

Walker at fb and Parker.. smh. Hunt and lomax will feast on parkers slow cooked bones
Hahaha, yes...the Manly Player of the Year (on Silvertails no less) for 2020. Sheesh, it's not as though it was a very high bar!

Last edited:
Surely an ex-half and the worlds best coach would have the team drilled to march-past precision ... players running the lines .. giving DCE multiple options .. setting up last tackle plays ... attack set deep enough to take advantage of DCE's and Foran's skills ...

Nope ... no structure at all ... DCE gets the ball and there are 5 mungo's standing flatfooted and a metre from an oncoming defense ....

DCE must take some responsibility for this ... but the buck stops with the coach .... I am starting to wonder what they do actually train for ...
Agree. DCE gets caught out of position and looks like a headless chook at times, but there is no structure. All the players seem to be lost and not playing as a team. Not getting deep enough, not running onto the ball, not running in numbers supporting the ball carrier, not running good lines. What are they doing at training? Its not working at all

Dragons 36 - Manly 16

He had more pressure on him than ever with all the players out and lifted. He will lift again like he always does.

The amount of times.. i see him crab across and then pivot.. does my head in. Just has no plan. For such a smart guy.. he doesnt think ahead and plan what hes going to do.. and most of the time the rest dont have any idea either. Its off the cuff stuff. Doesnt work when his halves partner doesnt control the game. I thought Foran coming back would help DCE.. but they have both been very poor so far.

Dragons 36 - Manly 16

Its the money he is on that pisses everyone off. Blame Foran for that, DCE was happy to sign 800k until they went with Foran who then decided to chase the money at the last minute and leave. Then we had to pay overs to get DCE to back flip. Should of never of come to that stupid contract

The amount of times.. i see him crab across and then pivot.. does my head in. Just has no plan. For such a smart guy.. he doesnt think ahead and plan what hes going to do.. and most of the time the rest dont have any idea either. Its off the cuff stuff. Doesnt work when his halves partner doesnt control the game. I thought Foran coming back would help DCE.. but they have both been very poor so far.
Well what are they doing at Training? All the other good teams have some structure, we have none. We have looked this way ever since we have had no Faniu and Api. We looked awesome when they were on the park with Tom. Way different.

James your back! Not my votes mate, all the commentators, ex players etc say DCE has been playing good footy over the past years in an injury hit side under achieving. When we are winning it quiets down,when we loose all the DCE haters come back out again and say he hasn't played a good game since 2013. Laughable. Utter crap.
Since 2013? That is utter crap. He was great in 2014 and 2015 up until half way through the year. I remember he got 5 or 6 try assists in a game against the raiders promoting brandy to say "have you ever seen a half play thia good" and the year with green was great as well. Was that 2018? Under Barrett he was hit and miss. Once green left the headless chook stuff started again. Dally has all the skills this we know he just has to produce. Those last 2 games i dare say i could of done better as i would of at least passed the ball haha (yes i am better than DCE:) )

Like it or not there is no way Dce will:
A) be stripped of the (c)
B) be dropped to reserves
C) Go anywhere else until his current contract is up

My assumption is that they want Dce and Foz to mentor our next generation of halves being Schuster, Cust and Humphrey's

Its the money he is on that pisses everyone off. Blame Foran for that, DCE was happy to sign 800k until they went with Foran who then decided to chase the money at the last minute and leave. Then we had to pay overs to get DCE to back flip. Should of never of come to that stupid contract
Cant blame Foran the club are fools and 800k would of been fantastic and well deserved.

Let hope chezza lifts this weekend so we can have some joy... seriously im getting depressed hahaha

Or you could blame the owners?

Has anyone ever seen a Manly captain divide fans so much? It’s just so fuking alarming and sad to see fans of a team so divided about one of our own! I can’t imagine the players would be any different. Total opposite of what a club captain should be.

Take the captaincy off him, let him work on his game without the added pressure. Give it to someone that’s a natural leader of men, no doubt at training there a a few that stand out( I’m not sure who). Seriously it’s time to bring the playing group together, do that and the team will start to play for each other instead of for themselves.

Well what are they doing at Training? All the other good teams have some structure, we have none. We have looked this way ever since we have had no Faniu and Api. We looked awesome when they were on the park with Tom. Way different.
I wonder that myself.

Dessie has always been blessed with individual attacking talents. He used to sort the defence out and rely on Lyon Snake etc to create. Freedom if you wish. He didn't have that at the dogs and they were toothless

When Tom is in.. we have it but without him we turn into a dessie bulldogs coached side. Our attack would t be as bad if we just replaced the full back with a fullback. Instead of moving 2-3 players out of position. Ruining combinations. Just leave Walker at centre. Get a hooker in at hooker. Who in their right mind thinks Croker is even half decent at hooker?

Regardless. I agree poorly coached but DCE is on big money and he's the star. He needs to control this team. He needs to call the shots. It's his side. He is not producing. I think he needs to get back to the basics. Kick well. Catch the ball. Pass well and stop overplaying. Organize your side. Make sure they know what your going to do in that set. Make sure everyone is in their positions. Same with Foran.

Its

He took the line on heaps on the weekend but was just not effective, as he catches the ball too flat with defenders up in his face. he dummied and went himself or took the tackle, because the outside backs were also flat footed and not deep enough. Cleary, Munster, keary have all been catching the ball out the back on the run and have more options to go to.

Dez needs to fix the structure. Too easy to read. Doesn't help with a crap hooker who cannot hold defence up a little. When Tom gets back and Walker to centre we will have more options, hooker though still a problem. I dont care who is playing half in current Manly team, the attack is just not threatening. No speed. Edge forwards do not offer any punch either. It is what it is. DCE can fix his kicking game, get rid of some of his errors, not going to fix the attack though until we get Tom, Faniu back and edge forwards getting over the advantage line. Walker also needs to get back to centre and get some early ball.
Im not sure if you totally get the concept of taking the ball into the line.

Running sideways until the line consumes you on its own terms is negative

Hitting between the line at pace in order to committ defenders who make mistakes due to defensive pressure, and then promote the ball to someone else at contact, to create opportunity , he did not and seems unwillingly to for some years

At best if he spies a break someone else has created using the above techinque he might get caught trying to squeeze through a gap. But there is none of that on offer currently

If DCE was committed to this method both sirro and suli would not be cannon fodder. Both players would see half gaps and pin there ears back rather than just step inside with mountains of time or catch a cold doing nothing. These are symptoms of DCE

A decent half would insist his outside men follow his lead into the fray, but there has been nothing to follow for years mate. Nothing at all happens on his edge, ever and its his fault

defence has to adjust to there inside man , as does the attack

The closest DCE has come to playing at the line but not to it was
Sirro , a couple of years back, about 10 m from the line. Chez slides accross the line bringing sirro onto the ball from close range to score. Invariably DCE still found a way of avoiding contact by falling as passing most times. This is why the headless chook evolved . If no runner shows up before potential contact , he aborts the mission and retreats in another direction

He still tries this method from time to time but it is more gavin miller than cliffy lyons

Let it sink in mate. I support manly too. Im on your side.

Has anyone ever seen a Manly captain divide fans so much? It’s just so fuking alarming and sad to see fans of a team so divided about one of our own! I can’t imagine the players would be any different. Total opposite of what a club captain should be.

Take the captaincy off him, let him work on his game without the added pressure. Give it to someone that’s a natural leader of men, no doubt at training there a a few that stand out( I’m not sure who). Seriously it’s time to bring the playing group together, do that and the team will start to play for each other instead of for themselves.
Agree totally.

This is option year. I wonder if des is upping the ante to see if he will move on. He looks more pressured than normal. His manager has made some noise and dropping him may get clubs wanting us to pay too much freight. Make him unhappy enough to just go

He seems to be rubbing his head for stress a lot more

Geez i hope

Im not sure if you totally get the concept of taking the ball into the line.

Running sideways until the line consumes you on its own terms is negative

Hitting between the line at pace in order to committ defenders who make mistakes due to defensive pressure, and then promote the ball to someone else at contact, to create opportunity , he did not and seems unwillingly to for some years

At best if he spies a break someone else has created using the above techinque he might get caught trying to squeeze through a gap. But there is none of that on offer currently

If DCE was committed to this method both sirro and suli would not be cannon fodder. Both players would see half gaps and pin there ears back rather than just step inside with mountains of time or catch a cold doing nothing. These are symptoms of DCE

A decent half would insist his outside men follow his lead into the fray, but there has been nothing to follow for years mate. Nothing at all happens on his edge, ever and its his fault

defence has to adjust to there inside man , as does the attack

The closest DCE has come to playing at the line but not to it was
Sirro , a couple of years back, about 10 m from the line. Chez slides accross the line bringing sirro onto the ball from close range to score. Invariably DCE still found a way of avoiding contact by falling as passing most times. This is why the headless chook evolved . If no runner shows up before potential contact , he aborts the mission and retreats in another direction

He still tries this method from time to time but it is more gavin miller than cliffy lyons

Let it sink in mate. I support manly too. Im on your side.
Totally disagree with all that. He currently is not running to the line, because when he catches the ball he is too flat!! There is no where to run, defence has already read that play are are up in his face. Not hard to see or understand? He is a runner when he gets deeper and catches the ball on the run with some space. Partly dce fault for his position, partly dez fault for not addressing this at training, partly hookers fault for setting up the play to flat. How can he run to the line and put siro or outside backs in holes when they are also standing too flat and not deep enough.

Very easy to see this. Watch Melbourne and Penrith and Roosters. They all start deeper and halves catch it on the run and their backs run onto the ball in numbers. Kikau actually stands 10m back and storms onto the ball. No Manly players are doing this.

Totally disagree with all that. He currently is not running to the line, because when he catches the ball he is too flat!! There is no where to run, defence has already read that play are are up in his face. Not hard to see or understand? He is a runner when he gets deeper and catches the ball on the run with some space. Partly dce fault for his position, partly dez fault for not addressing this at training, partly hookers fault for setting up the play to flat. How can he run to the line and put siro or outside backs in holes when they are also standing too flat and not deep enough.

Very easy to see this. Watch Melbourne and Penrith and Roosters. They all start deeper and halves catch it on the run and their backs run onto the ball in numbers. Kikau actually stands 10m back and storms onto the ball. No Manly players are doing this.
I knew you would

Your too reactive. Your sample is waay too small

You mention storm and the penny panthers. There playmakers tak a hit also, not just stand deep. Its both, not one . Apparently clearys chin is playmaker swelling.

He did not run the ball to the line last year also when levi had a pretty good pass.

Sirros issue have been years in the making and has been injured lately
Suli, brian kelly all caught colds

You constantly make it the problem of people at the end of the chain rather than the front. . Foran tells his outside men where to stand and what to do. DCE is a victim though because why ?

The hooker
His positioning too flat to attack
His positioning to deep when kicking
Well that just blew that theory out of the water
Des
The 6
Sirro
suli

Anyway game day. Im sure it will appear as though we watched different games . nothing wrong with that though. Enjoy the footy and keep finding cherries excuses , while i go sharpen my axe.

Pistols at dawn.

Imagine if has a good game despite everyone elses issues. Would that mean it was him all along. Anyway lets ponder that

I was paying attention to both teams ball playing structure last night and they actually mixed it up, they occasionally play flat but it seemed they all knew what was happening and how to support the ball runner when playing flat, 4 to 5 men moving with the ball, support runners either side of him, in saying that the main go to was a deeper line in attack buying time and space with the ball, it kind of gives the defending side more time to lose their structure, in turn opening opportunities and space for their quicker men, we on the other hand are just playing the 80 flat and every side knows it, where cannon fodder. Has to be addressed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10