• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Thanks fellas. I'm personally glad he's said stuff. We need to be dragged into the modern age.

Gorman's done nothing apart from offer lip service and poor interviews that offer 0 insight and clarity to members and fans.

I see Delta Goodrem-Evans has opened his gob to Nicolussi in the Fairfax press re: Barrett, facilities and of most concern, has a crack at Gorman. Oh, and then hints that he would be flattered if another club made him an offer.

His comments are not a good look and probably misguided. But no real surprise, ever since his big payday, he runs the organisation in an unofficial capacity.

Attention Daly: you and your teammates blew a big lead on Friday night. That’s not the ‘front office’s’ fault.
Complete opposite sentiments from Chez :nerd:

---
Cherry-Evans' deal runs through to the end of 2023 and, even though there appears no sign Manly will be a premiership threat in the next couple of years, he says has never thought about walking away from the club.

"And I don't think another club would think to approach me based on how my contract is situated,'' Cherry-Evans said with a smile.

"I'd be absolutely flattered if they did approach me, but as for my want, I have two more games this season, I'll have a break, get refreshed and hit the ground running next year.''

---
It is well known chief executive Lyall Gorman is not the most popular person at the club. The playing group is unhappy with his lack of public support for Barrett, particularly surrounding the coach's decision to snub Jackson Hastings from first grade the remainder of the season.

Last edited:
https://outline.com/zyvuWs

"Trent Hodkinson said during the week he hadn't been here for 10 years and things hadn't changed much, other than the playing group. That's a little insight to what is happening or not happening around here.''

Sure does Daly, it tells me that either the coaching is horrible or the playing group are rubbish, or both, considering that 10 years ago Manly were playing for Premierships and now they’re playing for Wooden Spoons.

I think there is more going on here than just supporting the coach.

He may want out, because:

1. Trent may be a malleable character, someone like Des/Geoff*/Neil probably won’t be; or

2. He can see the Club being on its knees for several more years and he doesn’t want to be a part of that. Ironically, something that he and his manager helped contribute to.

Funny that this appears the day after Zorba had a very good crack at player-managers in the MD.

To come out after another woeful capitulation (when you should be keeping a low profile) and thus draw attention back to the Sea Eagles’ problems is not the sign of a player who has his team’s best interests at heart. Watmough is a caveman by comparison, but he was probably on the money regarding DCE/DGE. Again the latter has demonstrated his self-centred nature.

We do not need to get back on the CEO merry go round. We should count ourselves lucky to have Lyall Gorman, given his previous track record.

MWSE is currently beholden to people with agendas. The Penns, Zorba and Bozo (still), plus certain player-managers off the field and a reminder that DCE is still in there pitching his own agenda.

Feel free to disagree with me.

*I know it’s unlikely that the Penns will welcome him back.

I see Delta Goodrem-Evans has opened his gob to Nicolussi in the Fairfax press re: Barrett, facilities and of most concern, has a crack at Gorman. Oh, and then hints that he would be flattered if another club made him an offer.

His comments are not a good look and probably misguided. But no real surprise, ever since his big payday, he runs the organisation in an unofficial capacity.

Attention Daly: you and your teammates blew a big lead on Friday night. That’s not the ‘front office’s’ fault.
dont think he has a crack at goreman - that is the reporter saying "It is well known"... Not to me!
also, don't think he was disrespectful stating "I'd be absolutely flattered ..."

I actually think he’s mainly having a crack at the board and certain people that have been here a fair while. He’s talking about things over a long period of time not the last 6 months. A bunch of the blanks are filled by the reporter and contain no direct quotes.

I think he’s been remarkably restrained given the frustration he obviously feels. Imagine when you’ve been unhappy or frustrated in a job and if somebody gave you an opportunity every week to vent you frustration to a microphone and you don’t take it.

He still tries his guts out every week but there are clearly things happening behind the scenes. What he did after the game was class. He cares about the club. I don’t think he wants to leave but I do think he’s unhappy with some stuff

Complete opposite sentiments from Chez :nerd:

---
Cherry-Evans' deal runs through to the end of 2023 and, even though there appears no sign Manly will be a premiership threat in the next couple of years, he says has never thought about walking away from the club.

"And I don't think another club would think to approach me based on how my contract is situated,'' Cherry-Evans said with a smile.

"I'd be absolutely flattered if they did approach me, but as for my want, I have two more games this season, I'll have a break, get refreshed and hit the ground running next year.''

---
It is well known chief executive Lyall Gorman is not the most popular person at the club. The playing group is unhappy with his lack of public support for Barrett, particularly surrounding the coach's decision to snub Jackson Hastings from first grade the remainder of the season.
Gorman must have taken the players to the strip club and punched on with Hastings? DCE, great leadership example?

Good Leadership is NOT a popularity contest.

Don"t think that the interview does Daly any credit at all and seems more like a subtle and essentially unconvincing attempt to deflect some attention away from and to a large extent , a very ordinary and under performing season for his team and his and Barrett"s accountability for this outcome . Also agree that Barrett has probably and on all indications gone too easy on some of his worst career individual performances and below par form at various stages this season . No doubt one at least plausible explanations for his unconditional public affection for his coach .. Easy to attribute blame and make excuses to other factors but which really played no part for the poor results and generally inconsistent team efforts for this season . Still a very classy and top line player when he is on , but in this instance, apparently it more difficult to face up to and accept the more valid and actual reasons for his own , Barretts and the teams general underwhelming results this season .

Of course, DCE is going to back Barrett, after all, Barrett is his comfort zone!! DCE is a big part of the leadership failures that has gripped our club!!

Wow, isn’t it funny how people can read the same article and get such different opinions.

Good on him, I thought it was a gutsy spray at the Penns and maybe Gorman.

The Penns were certainly in his sights due to the fact they are the ones with the purse strings and make the decisions in the club.

It showed guts knowing that he may well be on their hit list as the Penns only want their “yes men” around them. Question them at your peril.

And the other thing is, he is saying what we’ve all been saying on here...that the Penns aren’t spending what they need to on resources. Blind Freddy can see that.

The only difference to what I think from DCE is his support for Barrett. I want a new coach but he’s thrown his support behind him. As he said, he’s got his reasons and we probably won’t know as we’re not in the inner sanctum.

Maybe Barrett might be a good coach but he can’t cut his teeth with us. The media where Manly is concerned is relentless and a rookie coach would get caught in the headlights. We need a seasoned coach or a Manly person to take that heat. Manly people know we’re always in the firing line and know what’s coming where the media are concerned. Poor Barrett would’ve got a shock at how we’re treated in the media.

I’m glad he said what he did. Shows guts to me....but he has a target on his head now with the Penns taking aim.

I think DCE is a great player who puts in 100% each week. But his ongoing endorsement of Barrett is bewildering. Our playing group has talent but no grit. When the going gets tough the tough get going. When the going gets tough this playing group give up. DCE should be filthy with his team mates performance during the second half albeit that replacement referee all but snuffed them out by refereeing them out of the game. Good Manly sides in the past never gave up. This lot are marshmallows!

Wow seriously. What a piece of **** he is. Never liked him and from all the stories i have heard from ex players.. speaks volumes that he would come out and say that stuff.

Maybe we would have more money to spend if we werent spending it on his sorry excuse of a half back. How many times have you pulled your finger out and had a decent match? What about the pathetic attempt of tackle he attempted when the Titans centre ran right past him. Please.

Excuses excuses... get paid more than some actual quality footballers in the NRL and have a go at the club. I hope the Penns get rid of him.

He would be flattered if he got offers elsewhere? so would we. Wish he had never back flipped. We will never have a good side again until he is gone from our club. Poisonous attitude. Comes across as a good bloke on TV.. but not really a team player. Greedy little bloke thinking about lining his pockets and thats it.

I am not a fan of the Penns for sacking Tooves and i have refused to step back to Brookie since.. and imagine with a crowd of 5000 alot of people agree. Penns... DCE.. Barrett... **** this club is a shambles.

DCE needs to drop the attempts at intellectual diatribes, although his malapropisms can be humerous, and put all that energy into leading the team, and being the great half back he thinks he is and is paid a ridiculous amount to be ....

I think someone has been in their ear beforehand (Manly Daily article on Saturday may have some merit).

Because on the face of it, no one could/should be as hopelessly misguided as to try and deflect anything about that performance only 15 minutes after the game. Especially when it deflected back onto the club.

What message do they think they are sending to their younger players in particular? That losing is acceptable as long as there is a convenient scapegoat?

Some culture we have cultivated.

DCE is a champion half. We are lucky to have him. He and the Trbojevics win most of the games we win and contribute heavily their best to those we don't. But they aren't getting much support from many of the other players and I can understand their frustration. Look at the face of the Trbojevic brothers after a game. They would like to snarl about the efforts of other players and the club. DCE is trying his best to be supportive of the players around him but you can see he's getting seriously annoyed. Coaching has a lot to do with it, but the distractions of ongoing problems within the club must also be driving the three mad. Having been heavily in union activity I know what its like to know things happening in admin that you know are counter productive, that most people don't know about, and you're the meat in the sandwich trying your best to strive for change. None of us are in DCE's position, so we can only guess what he is thinking. He made his bed with the Sea Eagles, ignoring the impact on his reputation because he obviously loves the club. Sure he's opinionated, but the guy is a level above most footballers in intellectual capacity and ability to express himself. DCE and The Trobojevics put in week after week. You only have to look at their stats to see they do a huge amount of the work. To see it all collapse to nothing because of the poor defensive patterns and questionable fitness levels of some must drive them crazy. You can bet they know the club is not taking the game seriously enough. DCE obviously had had enough and perhaps it didn't tell the whole story, its obvious he wants this club, coaching and players upping their performances. Sure he gets paid well, but there's also a pride issue here, and I suspect DCE is feeling gutted at what seems to be a lack of pride in some quarters of the club. I would in his position.

DCE needs to drop the attempts at intellectual diatribes, although his malapropisms can be humerous, and put all that energy into leading the team, and being the great half back he thinks he is and is paid a ridiculous amount to be ....
When they watch the video today at Narra it'll stand out like dogs balls DCE was shown a lesson by two inexperienced young Titans halves on half his salary. They may as well watch an episode of Gilligan's Island... Far more entertaining.

When they watch the video today at Narra it'll stand out like dogs balls DCE was shown a lesson by two inexperienced young Titans halves on half his salary. They may as well watch an episode of Gilligan's Island... Far more entertaining.

Its easy when you have halves operating effectively. We don't have that. We have DCE, who is heavily marked, and Walker, an outstanding centre but not a 5/8 as has been shown time and again. It wasn't DCE who lost the game for Manly. And it wasn't the Trbojevics. Keep looking and you'll find the problems, but its not those three.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8