• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
We are talking about respect in the work environment due to ones actions in that time period.

All i'm "suggesting" is you don't judge people by just their ability to make time for people and sign a few pieces of gear or hand out kicking tees to kids.(but yeah taking the time with people in such ways is not a bad attribute for the most part)

For example i would probably relate more to a DCE type than a Watmough type of character but we are talking about the bubble environment playing in a NRL team environment.(and this is where we are making the judgements in relation to "people that matter")

So .... had he come home from his encounter with Watmough ... and said "honey, stop looking for a new pair of shoes, I have decided to tell the club not to bother paying me $500k a year, I am happy to take $150k so that my team mates can respect me"

and she says .... respect you , you dumb **** .... they just shagged you without the benefit of a reach around ....

So .... had he come home from his encounter with Watmough ... and said "honey, stop looking for a new pair of shoes, I have decided to tell the club not to bother paying me $500k a year, I am happy to take $150k so that my team mates can respect me"

and she says .... respect you , you dumb **** .... they just shagged you without the benefit of a reach around ....
Or meet halfway in the amount and consider yourself lucky you were not stuck on 50-75000 for a further few years, it seems to be reported that DCE signed a dud long term deal initially.

If DCE was off contract already at the time sure do as you please, you backed yourself short term to get the raise no issue whatsoever in that situation.

anyone else notice DCE hardly moved the attack towards Tom Wright, ? after that freakish try, the poor kid had to look to get involved.
IMO this may be to starve him of possession as DCE being a control freak, is now ****ting himself, Tom Wright might take his place as the better half .

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...9c6d68efe7c17398f4c?__twitter_impression=true

Manly skipper Daly Cherry-Evans has responded to former teammate Anthony Watmough’s outburst following his side’s loss to the Dragons
Anthony Watmough and Daly Cherry-Evans in days as teammates at Manly.
DALY Cherry-Evans has responded to his premiership winning former teammate Anthony Watmough’s comments about his former teammate during the week.
The Manly skipper was asked if he had anything to say about Watmough’s comments, following the Dragons 32-8 victory over the Sea Eagles at WIN Stadium.

'No not really mate, it’s not really my business,” Cherry-Evans said.

“It’s his opinion and everyone is entitled to one these days.

“It’s not important to me and I’ve got bigger fish to fry here at Manly.

“I’ve got to try and win some footy games.”

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...9c6d68efe7c17398f4c?__twitter_impression=true

Manly skipper Daly Cherry-Evans has responded to former teammate Anthony Watmough’s outburst following his side’s loss to the Dragons
DALY Cherry-Evans has responded to his premiership winning former teammate Anthony Watmough’s comments about his former teammate during the week.
The Manly skipper was asked if he had anything to say about Watmough’s comments, following the Dragons 32-8 victory over the Sea Eagles at WIN Stadium.

'No not really mate, it’s not really my business,” Cherry-Evans said.

“It’s his opinion and everyone is entitled to one these days.

“It’s not important to me and I’ve got bigger fish to fry here at Manly.

“I’ve got to try and win some footy games.”

CE. Shows your class, as opposed to that shown by your former team mate.

I was surprised the presser wasn't filled with 'journos' salivating at asking the same question 10,000 times, and generally not talk about the game but just choc's comments.

Weirdlurgh will probably say it wasn't enough but at least dce hasn't given them column inches to write over it.

As for going harder - I bet if he did some people on here would accuse say dce needs to show that passion on the field and not in pressers, and that dce shouldn't be engaging in these media played out feuds and should be worrying about winning games.

so I think he did the best he could.

I was surprised the presser wasn't filled with 'journos' salivating at asking the same question 10,000 times, and generally not talk about the game but just choc's comments.

Weirdlurgh will probably say it wasn't enough but at least dce hasn't given them column inches to write over it.

As for going harder - I bet if he did some people on here would accuse say dce needs to show that passion on the field and not in pressers, and that dce shouldn't be engaging in these media played out feuds and should be worrying about winning games.

so I think he did the best he could.
Nothing to gain if DCE went harder considering he too lacked class in the past during his contract dealings.

Class is not a one way street people, it just appears that way due to DCE's more rounded vocabulary range.

Nothing to gain if DCE went harder considering he too lacked class in the past during his contract dealings.

Class is not a one way street people, it just appears that way due to DCE's more rounded vocabulary range.

I realise that you are very much in the know about things in the club, but that comment I feel is a bit rough on DCE. Manly stuffed it up big time after DCE was offered much less and was considering the offer, by suddenly withdrawing the offer without notice. He wasn't going to back out of the Titan's deal for less than they offered, and it was a good deal. He was just taking care of himself in a business oriented game. He's copped s..t ever since he decided to back out of the Titan's contract, which was done legally within the rules of the game. He doesn't deserve the criticism he got from certain other quarters with vested interests.

I realise that you are very much in the know about things in the club, but that comment I feel is a bit rough on DCE. Manly stuffed it up big time after DCE was offered much less and was considering the offer, by suddenly withdrawing the offer without notice. He wasn't going to back out of the Titan's deal for less than they offered, and it was a good deal. He was just taking care of himself in a business oriented game. He's copped s..t ever since he decided to back out of the Titan's contract, which was done legally within the rules of the game. He doesn't deserve the criticism he got from certain other quarters with vested interests.
Not in the know about things within the Manly club so no need to place me on some inside info pedestal.

From all accounts the original lower offer was around for a while, if DCE was happy with the original amount he would of taken it up much earlier.

No issue with DCE holding out for a larger offer during this contract negotiation or backing out of the Titans deal, but the way it was written in the papers was that Manly didn't want DCE due to removing the offer, if they didn't want DCE they would not have made that reasonable offer to start with.(DCE delaying is more evident of not wanting to stay, more than Manly removing the original offer that by reports DCE was happy with---which i highly doubt he was)

Manly just had to put a timeline on the offer to allow them to keep all options on the table or enhance other offers, delaying further could of risked Manly missing out on both----even though technically this was the case at the time but that is with the luxury of hindsight.

Not in the know about things within the Manly club so no need to place me on some inside info pedestal.

From all accounts the original lower offer was around for a while, if DCE was happy with the original amount he would of taken it up much earlier.

No issue with DCE holding out for a larger offer during this contract negotiation or backing out of the Titans deal, but the way it was written in the papers was that Manly didn't want DCE due to removing the offer, if they didn't want DCE they would not have made that reasonable offer to start with.(DCE delaying is more evident of not wanting to stay, more than Manly removing the original offer that by reports DCE was happy with---which i highly doubt he was)

Manly just had to put a timeline on the offer to allow them to keep all options on the table or enhance other offers, delaying further could of risked Manly missing out on both----even though technically this was the case at the time but that is with the luxury of hindsight.

I think you'll find that Manly withdrew the offer, which I understand was around $750,000 yearly, without giving DCE notice, while he was considering the offer and other offers made, because they realised they could not hope to hold both Foran and DCE together, given their limitations with the salary cap. They had to bid higher for Foran because of the Parra offer and thought he would stay. They offered Foran more and tried hard to keep him but he decided on the Parramatta offer after DCE had already signed with the Titans. Manly hedged their bets and decided Foran was a better long term proposal than DCE. How wrong they were for several reasons now obvious.

I think you'll find that Manly withdrew the offer, which I understand was around $750,000 yearly, without giving DCE notice, while he was considering the offer and other offers made, because they realised they could not hope to hold both Foran and DCE together, given their limitations with the salary cap. They had to bid higher for Foran because of the Parra offer and thought he would stay. They offered Foran more and tried hard to keep him but he decided on the Parramatta offer after DCE had already signed with the Titans. Manly hedged their bets and decided Foran was a better long term proposal than DCE. How wrong they were for several reasons now obvious.
Point is the offer was made, DCE had some time to consider the offer and chose to delay, both parties moved on, nothing really negative to say about either party in this instance, so i don't understand what the big deal is.

Plus going off history even if DCE signed the deal he would of reneged and signed with the Titans who offered way more, so the end result is the same in relation to the amount DCE would of signed for.

Point is the offer was made, DCE had some time to consider the offer and chose to delay, both parties moved on, nothing really negative to say about either party in this instance, so i don't understand what the big deal is.

TC I don't want this to become a rift between us. All I am saying is that all players are given time to consider future contracts and look at other offers. Its standard practice. DCE was doing what every other player does and considering his future and what offer was best for him and his family. He hadn't knocked the offer back or even demanded more at that stage. Generally when a club wants the player to decide quickly, they give them a time limit. My understanding of the event as I recall was that no such time limit was given. Manly just withdrew the offer, it seems so they could up Foran's offer. DCE was virtually told he wasn't wanted, at least for the money on offer.

TC I don't want this to become a rift between us. All I am saying is that all players are given time to consider future contracts and look at other offers. Its standard practice. DCE was doing what every other player does and considering his future and what offer was best for him and his family. He hadn't knocked the offer back or even demanded more at that stage. Generally when a club wants the player to decide quickly, they give them a time limit. My understanding of the event as I recall was that no such time limit was given. Manly just withdrew the offer, it seems so they could up Foran's offer. DCE was virtually told he wasn't wanted, at least for the money on offer.
No rift at all, just debating the issue with you.

The net result is no matter what Manly did they would of been spending a million to retain DCE as he would of reneged on the supposedly lower offer given past history, plus probably had a cooling off period anyway.

No issue with what DCE did in this instance----the issues i have is the way he went about things for the first upgrade contract and his show pony antics during the last negotiations, along with advertising "The Secret" like it is some kind of secret formula to dealing with humans for more financial gain in ones life.

Oh yeah, that player manager media orchestration of the Cronulla visit was all class and stuffed up by Manly. The term rose coloured glasses springs to mind.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8