• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Kevinward777

First Grader
Yes, he's very good with his media stuff but something that really annoys me is that he says "them things" instead of "those things" but for some reason he's not Robinson Crusoe in the NRL world in that regard.

A little picky I know.
It’s like our friend @yokahontas pointed out... he’s a halfway intelligent fellow. He’s no bio physicist, but he’s certainly a cut above a guy like Anthony Watmough and way more articulate than Paul Kent, Phil Rothfiend and the biggest arse clown of them all... James (I like to pretend I’m a knockabout) Cooper.

I don’t have an issue with people critiquing his performances. I am a firm believer that he has relied far too heavily on his running game and neglected to develop other skills that might be deemed to be mandatory for a player in his position and earning the kind of money he is on. Ultimately, the only way this background noise will dissolve, is by Chezza coming out and playing his best football, resulting in us winning games. The whole “he’s not the same as us, so we don’t want him in the Qld side etc” garbage is a blight on the code and flies in the face of the NRL’s sales pitch about embracing diversity, and creating a place for everyone in the rugby league community. It’s basically a free for all right now as far as DCE is concerned... but while the govering body continues to employ people like Peter Beattie, the sport will continue its classless nose dive.

Last edited:

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
DCE is suffering from the Michael Clarke syndrome of not being a beer drinking yobbo.
Cricket fans didn’t like Clarke until he got his double centuries back to back to bck and then they loved him. Once he went off the boil they didn’t like him anymore.

Same with Cherry. Heaven forbid he should ask for a bigger contract once he won a grand final and played for Australia. He’s won so many games for us over the years but he’s not a ratbag so he’s on the nose and people want to bag someone who’s different.

It’s wrong that people want to put the boot into DCE at every point they can because he’s a strong character and can supposedly handle it. People like Foran and Boyd and many more players that are fragile get off lightly as their mental state is in question.

Who’s the genius that says DCE or his family don’t have any mental pressures?

It absolutely infuriates me that the media and some ex players can say what they like to try and get their names in the papers.

It’s a disgusting world we live in when people jut say what they like to try and get a media gig without thinking of the bigger picture.

As much as I love our old crew, it was clear to me during the clique that destroyed our team a few years ago that they thought they were bigger than our club.

People like Cherry and Toovey never did.

I’m sure Watmough didn’t mind taking his extra money in 2008/2009 when steve Menzies was forced out of the club.

Where’s the fighting for Beaver and the sacrifice of money to keep him when we wanted him to stay.

Watmough was too busy squeezing the extra money out to worry about a club legend then.

This is a nice read, very enjoyable. Nice real life stuff that sometimes get lost in the crosshairs when we consider sport and the entertainment industry in general.

I certainly wont disagree with anything you have said but I also believe what is ommitted can also paint a picture. The devil in the detail.

The Michael Clarke analagy is spot on, now like most i have to go on what is reported so please excuse the accuracy as i am acting under good intention. Clarke for all of his prowess was a very devisive figure, not just in the Aussie team but throughout cricket land. Again, not always for what he did, but also for what he didnt do.

Team culture is decidd by nanagement, coach and with the buy in from the leadership group. So decisions reached by the group should be adhered too, despite the level of yobbyness, beer swilling or articulate quotes . Im not indicating it isnt as i dont know but any team expectations are generally decided by the team of which cherry is captain and had signifigant input

Our team culture looks questionable atm and its hard not to pinpoint gladstone as a tipping point. You know when reportedly the captain went to hastings room and **** hit the fan. This is where an eloquent response for the good of the team would be applauded but it seems the persona reserved for the camera was noticably absent.

Clarke is also remebered as a captain that decided teammates fates on personal experience as opposed to what was best for the team. Obviously i cant confirm this or directly apply this to cherry but it is being painted that way

Now im not naive, he is a footy player, been on the beers with his mates, at a club doing what people do and tempers can flare. **** happens some people just need a slap. But this by definition is about as yobbynas it gets and certainly lacks the polish that the man is renowned forI .Im a yobbo so on this point i feel qualified.

Unfortunately for manly the club rhetoric and player reactions to hastings punishment were clearly not from the same song sheet, which doesnt support the squeeky clean image the club was pushing. again fair enough damage control is damage control.they have a job to do. But it asks more questions than answers

Ultimately fans only want to win games, win comps and not win spoons. Every profession has its shortcomings and the fame, notoriety and innuendo that goes with the fortune of being a first grade footy player is the downside. Its just that simple and thats life.

Balance is such an important thing for us all. So for every choc watmough, or disguntled fan there will be just as many trent barretts and back slappers in the world of cherry to give him reasonable balance. In the end just as some very smart people are not equipped mentally for the cut throat corporate world and end up becoming baristas there are many fine footy players who struggle with the media , expectations and the fans. Well when they are negative at least anyway

The rigors of being a million dollar player, captain, media personality, tv host can be challenging and yet rewarding.. All cherry has to do is remember what his main role is professionally , and that is to lead a team around the park and things will return to normal,

DCE is suffering from the Michael Clarke syndrome of not being a beer drinking yobbo.
Cricket fans didn’t like Clarke until he got his double centuries back to back to bck and then they loved him. Once he went off the boil they didn’t like him anymore.

Same with Cherry. Heaven forbid he should ask for a bigger contract once he won a grand final and played for Australia. He’s won so many games for us over the years but he’s not a ratbag so he’s on the nose and people want to bag someone who’s different.

It’s wrong that people want to put the boot into DCE at every point they can because he’s a strong character and can supposedly handle it. People like Foran and Boyd and many more players that are fragile get off lightly as their mental state is in question.

Who’s the genius that says DCE or his family don’t have any mental pressures?

It absolutely infuriates me that the media and some ex players can say what they like to try and get their names in the papers.

It’s a disgusting world we live in when people jut say what they like to try and get a media gig without thinking of the bigger picture.

As much as I love our old crew, it was clear to me during the clique that destroyed our team a few years ago that they thought they were bigger than our club.

People like Cherry and Toovey never did.

I’m sure Watmough didn’t mind taking his extra money in 2008/2009 when steve Menzies was forced out of the club.

Where’s the fighting for Beaver and the sacrifice of money to keep him when we wanted him to stay.

Watmough was too busy squeezing the extra money out to worry about a club legend then.
"Heaven forbid he should ask for a bigger contract once he won a grand final", was never the issue, no idea why this line keeps getting bandied about over and over in these threads.

It was the ruthless juggernaut amount his manager and DCE aimed for and the way he went about it showed a lack of respect---came across as "my new presence in the squad contributed more to the success of the team than the class core group of players Manly had at the time".

How about a more moderate middle of the ground payrise thanking DCE for his improvements in that first year then after a good second year go for the juggernaut a little more.

Basically signed a silly contract to start with and should of been thankful to some degree Manly would be flexible and offer an upgrade so quickly in the second year.(Yes it is in both parties interests to make each other happy so an upgrade was always on the cards at the time)

I remember a couple of years ago I wanted a few players to sign my jersey.

A few players like Watmough,Matai,Foran, the Stewart’s were keen to slip out without being noticed but they got hunted down for a few seconds...and I mean a maximum of 2-3 minutes for all the fans out there.

I was wanting Cherry and decided to wait for him.

He was actually waiting in the change rooms for the drug testers to get a urine sample from him..while the other players took off as quick ad they could, Cherry kept coming out dressed only in his shorts calling out to all the kids that he is coming and he’ll be out soon.

True to his word, it was about another half hour and out him came and signed everything.

Something Sfeve Menzies always did. He was one for the fans also.

It’s one thing for opposition fans and media to continually bag our players but for our own fans to do it is absolutely gobsmacking to me.

Sometimes I feel he’s better off with a club like Brisbane where he’ll get the better media coverage and be just as successful. I can just imagine our so called fans wishing he would be back with us and bagging him for leaving.

Be thankful for the class players we have.

My god, we don’t have too many!
Are we really going down the road of judging a persons "niceness" based on signing gear. It could be argued in many instances overt levels of niceness is a way to promote yourself and shows a selfish side.

Look i'm sure DCE is probably a nice guy in the grand scheme of things, much better than many in society but let's not put people on a pedestal based off signing gear or handing kicking tee's to kids so the camera shows you in a good light.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Are we really going down the road of judging a persons "niceness" based on signing gear. It could be argued in many instances overt levels of niceness is a way to promote yourself and shows a selfish side.

Look i'm sure DCE is probably a nice guy in the grand scheme of things, much better than many in society but let's not put people on a pedestal based off signing gear or handing kicking tee's to kids so the camera shows you in a good light.

Yeah ... that bitch Mother Theresa was only nice because she selfishly wanted to go to heaven ....... thank goodness we have an accomplished physcoanylsist on the forum ...

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Is it just me ... or did DCE play a whole lot better when he was known as Sid ......

I think we should all call him Sid today .... and see if he plays better this arvo .....

giphy.gif

mozgrame

Engorged member
It’s like our friend @yokahontas pointed out... he’s a halfway intelligent fellow. He’s no bio physicist, but he’s certainly a cut above a guy like Anthony Watmough and way more articulate than Paul Kent, Phil Rothfiend and the biggest arse clown of them all... James (I like to pretend I’m a knockabout) Cooper.

I don’t have an issue with people critiquing his performances. I am a firm believer that he has relied far too heavily on his running game and neglected to develop other skills that might be deemed to be mandatory for a player in his position and earning the kind of money he is on. Ultimately, the only way this background noise will dissolve, is by Chezza coming out and playing his best football, resulting in us winning games. The whole “he’s not the same as us, so we don’t want him in the Qld side etc” garbage is a blight on the code and flies in the face of the NRL’s sales pitch about embracing diversity, and creating a place for everyone in the rugby league community. It’s basically a free for all right now as far as DCE is concerned... but while the govering body continues to employ people like Peter Beattie, the sport will continue its classless nose dive.

Have you ever noticed how Fill Frothfiend pronounces Tommy T's name? He says, Trobojdovic. Talk about a Freudian slip!! I know he has a hard on for Tommy, but fair go....you can't just blatantly slip the D in like that!

mozgrame

Engorged member
Yeah ... that bitch Mother Theresa was only nice because she selfishly wanted to go to heaven ....... thank goodness we have an accomplished physcoanylsist on the forum ...

The world has gone mad. It is spinning on its head and chasing its own tail now days. Have you noticed that it seems to be not only socially acceptable, but vigorously encouraged to slut shame the likes of Don Burke, Craig Mclachlan etc. Peoples views are all askew. Crazy!

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
The world has gone mad. It is spinning on its head and chasing its own tail now days. Have you noticed that it seems to be not only socially acceptable, but vigorously encouraged to slut shame the likes of Don Burke, Craig Mclachlan etc. Peoples views are all askew. Crazy!

If I had more energy or gave a **** ... I would be outraged and offended ......

Well it is much easier to look good and sign a few 1000 pieces of gear than to fit into a team environment and be respected by people who matter more in your life.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Well it is much easier to look good and sign a few 1000 pieces of gear than to fit into a team environment and be respected by people who matter more in your life.

Thanks Patrick Jane ..... so we have descended to the level of suggesting that because Watmough doesn't like him .... he is not respected by his wife, family, coach, team mates, fans ..... and you came up with that insight from his eyes, sweaty palms, body language .... tea leaves .... too much self abuse .....

manlywarringah

Bencher
Premium Member

Wow!

All hail the arseholes then

Thanks Patrick Jane ..... so we have descended to the level of suggesting that because Watmough doesn't like him .... he is not respected by his wife, family, coach, team mates, fans ..... and you came up with that insight from his eyes, sweaty palms, body language .... tea leaves .... too much self abuse .....
We are talking about respect in the work environment due to ones actions in that time period.

All i'm "suggesting" is you don't judge people by just their ability to make time for people and sign a few pieces of gear or hand out kicking tees to kids.(but yeah taking the time with people in such ways is not a bad attribute for the most part)

For example i would probably relate more to a DCE type than a Watmough type of character but we are talking about the bubble environment playing in a NRL team environment.(and this is where we are making the judgements in relation to "people that matter")

We are not talking about whether DCE is respected in the team "now" as i'm sure he is by players and the coaching staff---DCE works damn hard that is for sure.(We are talking about the past)

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13