• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Mate , we all get our feathers in a knot here with our strong views but we must acknowledge that every ones view is based on their life experience , values , expectations and perspective in how they see things . A perspective is not right or wrong by default . It is what it is
We should not get offended by a different view . What is offensive though is when we don't respect some ones right of say and start personal attacks .
None of us look good by putting down others
beliefs.jpg

He can't win with half you guys. If he doesn't respond diplomatically he gets called arrogant or conceited. If he doesn't respond he gets criticised for not responding. When he responds diplomatically people criticise him for acting like a robot or being a politician. I'd much rather my kids talk to him (a nice well spoken young man) than some boof head who accidentally swears every third word.

Put it this way, any day of the week i'd take DCE as a role model rather than dylan walker.
So every other player in the league is arrogant and conceited?? Because their not diplomatic. I mean it comes across fake and scripted anyway. Why does he do it? Fans want the truth, the real cherry Evans. His smart because he talks like a politician?? What person trusts a politician? What person doesn't question their integrity? What politician hasn't hidden their agendas or motives? There's a good reason why people don't like politicians and maybe the way dce approaches the media and fans. Just saying. I never once have called him arrogant or concieted. I have I called him fake? **** yes!! He has even admitted to it. Makes you think he isn't who he makes out to be

The moral of the story ?
As you were saying.....perspective. If someone has a different view of the world to you it's probably not worth worrying about. Unless that person is about to burn something you love to the ground....hmm... maybe that is the focus of the current argument. Maybe I will just go back to this one:
enlightenment.png

As you were saying.....perspective. If someone has a different view of the world to you it's probably not worth worrying about. Unless that person is about to burn something you love to the ground....hmm... maybe that is the focus of the current argument. Maybe I will just go back to this one:
enlightenment.png
That is a great example . Thank you !

So every other player in the league is arrogant and conceited?? Because their not diplomatic. I mean it comes across fake and scripted anyway. Why does he do it? Fans want the truth, the real cherry Evans. His smart because he talks like a politician?? What person trusts a politician? What person doesn't question their integrity? What politician hasn't hidden their agendas or motives? There's a good reason why people don't like politicians and maybe the way dce approaches the media and fans. Just saying. I never once have called him arrogant or concieted. I have I called him fake? **** yes!! He has even admitted to it. Makes you think he isn't who he makes out to be
I never said you called him arrogant or conceited nor did i say i think he speaks like a politician. I've spoken to him in real life and he seems like a pretty nice normal person. All i'm saying is that i'd rather my kids look up to him than some boofhead who goes "yeh mate, nah mate, full credit to the boys". They're all scripted or do you really think the vanilla post match interviews that go on are how these guys think. The difference is cherry seems to try to talk a bit more expansively and people think he's a politician. I really don't understand the big problem with him. Never have

See, I don’t think he sounds like a politician at all; in fact, it’s the guys who trot out the ‘played strong, done good, full credit to the boys’ sound byte that sound scripted and rehearsed to me (probably because they are - the NRL media training is obviously aimed at giving the lowest common denominator some stock phrases to keep his foot out of his mouth as much as possible).

It’s another of those perspective things - to me, he just comes across as a normal, literate, articulate, halfway intelligent person - who knows the media can twist what you say in order to burn you, so he takes a few seconds to measure and think through what he’s going to say. The fact that he gets lambasted for being a bit different to the stereotypical “yeah, nah, get f$&@ed ay” footy player isn’t far removed from the smart/nerdy kids getting picked on in the playground, essentially for not dumbing themselves down to fit in.

In person, DCE is right up there with guys like Matt Ballin, Brent Kite, Wolfie and Jamie Buhrer in terms of how warm and approachable he is - especially to kids. Comes across as a thoroughly decent human being.

Some ex players sticking up for DCE with some perspective, especially from Sattler

Martin Lang:
I respect Anthony Watmough and Daly Cherry-Evans. Maybe I’m not aware of the full story, but it’s quite sad that Anthony felt it necessary to drill him in the media today. I’ve found Daly Cherry-Evans to be polite & respectful...and yes...marches to the beat of his own drum.

Scott Sattler:

DCE is a respectable young man that is everything good about the game. So he got paid more $, is that his fault or the club for agreeing? Just cause he doesn’t buy into the macho crap he is ridiculed. He didn’t train because he wasn’t expected to after touring in the off season.

DCE is suffering from the Michael Clarke syndrome of not being a beer drinking yobbo.
Cricket fans didn’t like Clarke until he got his double centuries back to back to bck and then they loved him. Once he went off the boil they didn’t like him anymore.

Same with Cherry. Heaven forbid he should ask for a bigger contract once he won a grand final and played for Australia. He’s won so many games for us over the years but he’s not a ratbag so he’s on the nose and people want to bag someone who’s different.

It’s wrong that people want to put the boot into DCE at every point they can because he’s a strong character and can supposedly handle it. People like Foran and Boyd and many more players that are fragile get off lightly as their mental state is in question.

Who’s the genius that says DCE or his family don’t have any mental pressures?

It absolutely infuriates me that the media and some ex players can say what they like to try and get their names in the papers.

It’s a disgusting world we live in when people jut say what they like to try and get a media gig without thinking of the bigger picture.

As much as I love our old crew, it was clear to me during the clique that destroyed our team a few years ago that they thought they were bigger than our club.

People like Cherry and Toovey never did.

I’m sure Watmough didn’t mind taking his extra money in 2008/2009 when steve Menzies was forced out of the club.

Where’s the fighting for Beaver and the sacrifice of money to keep him when we wanted him to stay.

Watmough was too busy squeezing the extra money out to worry about a club legend then.

See, I don’t think he sounds like a politician at all; in fact, it’s the guys who trot out the ‘played strong, done good, full credit to the boys’ sound byte that sound scripted and rehearsed to me (probably because they are - the NRL media training is obviously aimed at giving the lowest common denominator some stock phrases to keep his foot out of his mouth as much as possible).

It’s another of those perspective things - to me, he just comes across as a normal, literate, articulate, halfway intelligent person - who knows the media can twist what you say in order to burn you, so he takes a few seconds to measure and think through what he’s going to say. The fact that he gets lambasted for being a bit different to the stereotypical “yeah, nah, get f$&@ed ay” footy player isn’t far removed from the smart/nerdy kids getting picked on in the playground, essentially for not dumbing themselves down to fit in.

In person, DCE is right up there with guys like Matt Ballin, Brent Kite, Wolfie and Jamie Buhrer in terms of how warm and approachable he is - especially to kids. Comes across as a thoroughly decent human being.

Agree. Its astounding he is slammed for speaking English. Given the way the media has treated him i would be giving generic statements to those pond scum reporters as well given their fondness for twisting words.

Some ex players sticking up for DCE with some perspective, especially from Sattler

Martin Lang:
I respect Anthony Watmough and Daly Cherry-Evans. Maybe I’m not aware of the full story, but it’s quite sad that Anthony felt it necessary to drill him in the media today. I’ve found Daly Cherry-Evans to be polite & respectful...and yes...marches to the beat of his own drum.

Scott Sattler:

DCE is a respectable young man that is everything good about the game. So he got paid more $, is that his fault or the club for agreeing? Just cause he doesn’t buy into the macho crap he is ridiculed. He didn’t train because he wasn’t expected to after touring in the off season.
hmm any manly players coming out in support?

Agree. Its astounding he is slammed for speaking English. Given the way the media has treated him i would be giving generic statements to those pond scum reporters as well given their fondness for twisting words.

Yes, he's very good with his media stuff but something that really annoys me is that he says "them things" instead of "those things" but for some reason he's not Robinson Crusoe in the NRL world in that regard.

A little picky I know.

I remember a couple of years ago I wanted a few players to sign my jersey.

A few players like Watmough,Matai,Foran, the Stewart’s were keen to slip out without being noticed but they got hunted down for a few seconds...and I mean a maximum of 2-3 minutes for all the fans out there.

I was wanting Cherry and decided to wait for him.

He was actually waiting in the change rooms for the drug testers to get a urine sample from him..while the other players took off as quick ad they could, Cherry kept coming out dressed only in his shorts calling out to all the kids that he is coming and he’ll be out soon.

True to his word, it was about another half hour and out him came and signed everything.

Something Sfeve Menzies always did. He was one for the fans also.

It’s one thing for opposition fans and media to continually bag our players but for our own fans to do it is absolutely gobsmacking to me.

Sometimes I feel he’s better off with a club like Brisbane where he’ll get the better media coverage and be just as successful. I can just imagine our so called fans wishing he would be back with us and bagging him for leaving.

Be thankful for the class players we have.

My god, we don’t have too many!

Yes, he's very good with his media stuff but something that really annoys me is that he says "them things" instead of "those things" but for some reason he's not Robinson Crusoe in the NRL world in that regard.

A little picky I know.

I'm sure you'll cope mate@:D

DCE is suffering from the Michael Clarke syndrome of not being a beer drinking yobbo.
Cricket fans didn’t like Clarke until he got his double centuries back to back to bck and then they loved him. Once he went off the boil they didn’t like him anymore.

Same with Cherry. Heaven forbid he should ask for a bigger contract once he won a grand final and played for Australia. He’s won so many games for us over the years but he’s not a ratbag so he’s on the nose and people want to bag someone who’s different.

It’s wrong that people want to put the boot into DCE at every point they can because he’s a strong character and can supposedly handle it. People like Foran and Boyd and many more players that are fragile get off lightly as their mental state is in question.

It absolutely infuriates me that the media and some ex players can say what they like to try and get their names in the papers.

It’s a disgusting world we live in when people jut say what they like to try and get a media gig without thinking of the bigger picture.

As much as I love our old crew, it was clear to me during the clique that destroyed our team a few years ago that they thought they were bigger than our club.

I’m sure Watmough didn’t mind taking his extra money in 2008/2009 when steve Menzies was forced out of the club.

Where’s the fighting for Beaver and the sacrifice of money to keep him when we wanted him to stay.

Watmough was too busy squeezing the extra money out to worry about a club legend then.
Great comment,totally agree.DCE is an easy target for media.There has been more negative press in his career than the likes of Auva’a,AFB,Lodge,Inglis,Smith etc,yet DCE is a clean skin.

You can add penn , bozo and co to this list they think they are bigger than the club and have been a major cause of where we are right now from a governance stand point.

By the way great post I agree 100% with it

It would go something like this.
" everyone is entitled to their opinions, I dare say it doesn't bother me. I havent thought about it at all really. I have a strong support network in family and friends, and I only care what they think. I have a job to do as a professional footballer, I have to put my front foot forward and continue to do my role within the team. Ahhh nothing has really changed at all mate, I'm confident with who I am as a person" followed by a cheesy cackle
Fark... all I can see is Chez when I read that. Have you been recording his interviews or what?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11