• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hozza, I don't know what your relationship with the delightful Mrs Hozza is like, but, ..... if I ever went home to Mrs Woodsie and said

"Turtledove, Manly just offered me $1.2 mil a year for 10 years, but heck the Penns and the lads are such nice fellas I told them to keep $500,000 a year and give it to someone else. It's only $5 million and we don't need it"

She would sew them back on just to have the pleasure of cutting them off again.
One of your best @Woodsie - love it.

Manly wanted Foran over DCE because Foran is the far better player, we wouldn't need to sign a 'foil' to complement him. Fact is, Foran is better than cherry on one leg, personal issues & all. Foran was also more Manly, than cherry ever was, & all the players loved him. DCE & Corey Norman should both thank Foz, for the fat contracts he helped them sign. Walker would've looked far better in the halves, if patterned with Foran. I'm also convinced Manly would've won more games this year, if we had kept Foran. But like everybody else, I'm still hoping cherry turns the tables.

Manly wanted Foran over DCE because Foran is the far better player, we wouldn't need to sign a 'foil' to complement him. Fact is, Foran is better than cherry on one leg, personal issues & all. Foran was also more Manly, than cherry ever was, & all the players loved him. DCE & Corey Norman should both thank Foz, for the fat contracts he helped them sign. Walker would've looked far better in the halves, if patterned with Foran. I'm also convinced Manly would've won more games this year, if we had kept Foran. But like everybody else, I'm still hoping cherry turns the tables.
Yep, as much as some don't agree, Foz added the necessities and DCE added the finesse, this is why they were great together and why Foz can play with any half and DCE with only a few.

Hozza, I don't know what your relationship with the delightful Mrs Hozza is like, but, ..... if I ever went home to Mrs Woodsie and said

"Turtledove, Manly just offered me $1.2 mil a year for 10 years, but heck the Penns and the lads are such nice fellas I told them to keep $500,000 a year and give it to someone else. It's only $5 million and we don't need it"

She would sew them back on just to have the pleasure of cutting them off again.
Classic Woodsie.
Turtledove cracked me up.@:D
If my partner called me turtledove I'd probably want to punch him in the face.

Chez had no offer from Manly till Fiz confirmed that he was signed with Parra.:shake: Titans threw the house at him and that is where his pay rate was set. :moneybag:

The 'halves re-signing' of 2015 was as successful as the 'most lucrative Sponsorship' of 2016 by Manly Admin :wondering:

Absolutely spot on re Fiz's negotiations impacting on Chez's initial no offer from the new franchise owner/management @HappilyManly.......!

Chez wanted to stay at Manly and had been in negotiations before the change of ownership. However the new franchise owners did not honour those previous negotiations for whatever reason and pulled it completely off the table, (and yes Fiz's negotiations had a lot to do with it). And so Chez ended up with no deal at all and was actually told to go out and test the market. In effect he was not a priority for the new Manly franchise owners.

I also know for a fact he was pretty shattered with that and so his manager went to town, looking for deals and is to blame for parading Chez around, with the media circus not far behind.

I am actually amazed that Chez chose to stay at Manly, yes he got a high dollar deal in the end. But he had all but moved to the Gold Coast with his family and was royally screwed over by the current franchise and they had their work cut out for them to get him to back flip.

He is a Manly man, make no mistake about this and knows that Manly gave him a chance in the very beginning of his NRL career.

Last edited:

You've got to be taking the piss or you've been living under a rock for 6 months.

Foran was found on the M1 about to take a leap into the Hawkesbury after playing about 7 games because he's busted, and you claim that Manly would've won more games if Manly had've kept Foran? Classic material, I might steal it.

Foran was loved by the Stewart bro's and Watmough. DCE is mates with Buhrer and Tommy Symonds amongst others. I know which crew comes across as being the most normal and decent.

The problem with people saying that DCE isn't earning his pay packet, is that they're judging all players as equals. Decent halves are hard to come by, you have to pay what might seem like overs. Decent second rowers are a dime a dozen really, so they might earn what appears to be chicken feed compared to DCE for better performances, but you can't have 10 second rowers in your side.

I think the issues for DCE are the service from dummy half is piss poor and it appears as if these blokes rock up on game day and it's the first time they've seen each other for the week. Do they practice? I know TB said they couldn't train together due to all the 5 day turnarounds, but that excuse only works while you're having five day turnarounds.

Welcome to the forum Kieran

One of the more interesting posts in recent times.
Nevertheless - Foran is not the better player.
Brett Stewart is a better player than Wombat Eadie if you don't count Brett's physical frailty, but in rugby league - that counts. Foran may come back, but right now DCE is certainly the better player. And indisputably the better Manly player.

giphy.gif

DALY Cherry-Evans laughed at the media this week but it was his football that spoke the loudest to put a full stop on a tumultuous week for Manly.
As talk of civil unrest at the Brookvale club and the future of embattled coach Trent Barrett took hold, Cherry-Evans had the perfect response to the firestorm engulfing the Sea Eagles.

The captain and chief playmaker led his team to a remarkable 30-8 upset of North Queensland in Townsville.
set

Cow.jpg

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...g/news-story/e3b6f04a07edec0101c514743da3bc5c

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6