• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DCE will be the first to admit that his form is patchy. It's true he is hampered by his ankle and that has really restricted him.

Next season no more excuses. Our pack is decent and provides good go forward. There will be a proper partner in the halves for him.

DCE MUST!! Improve on his decision making especially last tackle options. Our attack looks so clunky at times. He needs to step up and dominate and lead the team around the park.

Right now he is light years behind JT and Cronk. My fear is that DCE may have peaked cause he's not even close to the form he showed in 14. I think the contract he got was too long for him or any player. Time he starts to get it right. Too many times we lose close games cause our halves don't control the game like the greats I mentioned above.

I hope when fit we see a return of his running game as we rarely see that now.

Ball is in your court DCE!!

I remember a period when Cliff Lyons was on the nose as far as many were concerned. He wasnt of course but he wasnt at his best because he didnt have a team that effectively could use his talent. Players play in a team, and if its not clicking it affects everyone. DCE, and Walker for that matter given the criticism he's been receiving, will look a lot better when the team functions effectively and we have the right cattle on the field.

Iv been thinking he may be on the nose with the playing group for awhile. It would certainly explain why he will miss the captaincy and it would also explain his reluctance to bark orders on the field.

Put it like this, if someone at work demanded 5 times what you earn and got it. Would you be happy? Especially when said person is not living up to his own hype or price tag.

And our forward pack has been a shining light this year. The Emergence of Lussick in particular is a cause for optimism in the future and obviously Jake. We are also in the top half of the table for metres gained..

Let's just hope with a natural 5/8th in place dce can settle and play more to his price tag. But I for one will be happy for the captaincy to go to young Jake who is obviously very popular with the playing group.
Manly paid overs for Chez, due to their balls up when Fiz, their sole target finally told them of his earlier signing with Parra :mad:

I really don't get the 'demanded a million' slur.

Makes no difference to a Club, ask Benji and nearly every other player off contract. Clubs will always pay according to their requirement. @:cool:
Parra proved how desperate they were to sign players. It wasn't the players who stole their monies, it was Parra handing out blank cheques to all and sundry :confused:

The Captaincy is not a popularity contest. It has to be afforded to the player that can direct and lift a Team when they are behind.

Jake is not that type of player either - yet. :shake:

Myles is the obvious choice, with co captaincy along with Jake to train him into that leadership role.

Manly paid overs for Chez, due to their balls up when Fiz, their sole target finally told them of his earlier signing with Parra :mad:

Makes no difference to a Club, ask Benji and nearly every other player off contract. Clubs will always pay according to their requirement. @:cool:
Parra proved how desperate they were to sign players. It wasn't the players who stole their monies, it was Parra handing out blank cheques to all and sundry :confused:

The Captaincy is not a popularity contest. It has to be afforded to the player that can direct and lift a Team when they are behind.

Myles is the obvious choice, with co captaincy along with Jake to train him into that leadership role.
We need an agree x 100 icon! If any player or fan is upset with DCE's coin and terms they can blame the Penn management. I am sure if anyone was put in that situation where that amount of $$ and terms were offered (especially when this type of sport is a short term career) they would be like 'hell yeah'.

Last edited:
The playing group, according to lurker, think he's "a bit of a smart arse".

Could be worse.
If they think that, they will also think he's an overpaid smart arse.
GREEN will be good for him, ankle will be better, And will be put under less pressure next year. Turtle will once again relish his free running game, and will become Mr Popular. You'll see. :happy: What goes around comes around.

There are at least three of the playing group he isn't 'on the nose' with, judging by the happy snaps they all regularly post on social media. TBH, looks pretty much how most teams would be, socially speaking - the older/married/with kids guys tend to hang out together, the younger, single guys do the same. Plus a few other variations along similar lines.

Normal and no big deal.

My take on what he said re: captaincy the other day was that the decision has probably already been made and he was trying to dodge the question for that reason. Indicators would be it'll be Buhrer/Jake T co-captains - couldn't see DCE trying to undermine his good mate (who was also his captain in u/20s) if that's the case.

This

Remember that Cherry was all set to sign for around $700k before the Penn's pulled the contract offer (which came from the Quantum side) so they would have more money to throw at Foran, who we all know played them for fools because he was never going to stay here. And Cherry can hardly be faulted for that.

As said, Foran played them for fools and by the time the club realised it, DCE had signed with the Titans. Fact is that Manly had to then match and then some the Tits contract if they were going to get him to stay. And who in their right mind, whether they never wanted to leave or not, would backflip for less money than he was guaranteed to get elsewhere?

The Penn's stuffed that whole situation up from the start, probably with no small help from someone behind the scenes (ZtH) pushing for Foran to be the one they concentrated on.

We used to call the 'playing group' the 'team.'

But why use one word when you can use two?

When you have to use 30 of them it becomes a group.

On the serious side, I use the term "playing group" to describe players, trainers, coaches, medicos and all at the football end rather than the suits.

It amazes me that Corey Norman earns $500k less per season than DCE, when Corey Norman (ON the field) is obviously a much, much more talented footballer.

That being said, it's actually probably just that - the off field rubbish that may have cost him $500k per season. I hope his mates are worth that.

When you have to use 30 of them it becomes a group.

On the serious side, I use the term "playing group" to describe players, trainers, coaches, medicos and all at the football end rather than the the suits.
I know. I'm not having a crack at you Woodsie. Just the general drift in vocabulary to terminology like 'playing group' rather than 'team.'

Agreed that Manly made a mistake pulling the lower contract to dce. But make no mistake he played manly against Titans like a piano. In the end he got a record breaking contract. In the process he came off looking like a smarmy Sh!t which obviously many agree with. But That's fine, but what's not fine is he is waaaaaaay off in form. Making constant bad decisions in attack. And as one of the highest paid players EVER he is open to criticism and rightly so.

If he had Manly at heart he would of said yeah I'll take the original contract and then maybe we can bring on board some more quality players!!!!! Instead he took the 1.2 mil with a big smile. Again that's fine, but you better perform or your going to get pasted in Sh!t and rightly so.

As for the captaincy the captain HAS to be respected, which I don't necessarily think dce has. As for Jake he has it in bucket loads!!!!! And if mister plod gets co captaincy I think I'll have a heart attack, plod will be on the bench.

The playing group, according to lurker, think he's "a bit of a smart arse".

Could be worse.

He leads the league in bland cliches though. God I find him hard to listen too - would actually prefer the usual leaguie grunts and ahs, spoken with passion.
I've got nothing against the guy, but he was one of the most conceited mf's I've ever met. Cliched as ****, just like on tv, no ****....

I know. I'm not having a crack at you Woodsie. Just the general drift in vocabulary to terminology like 'playing group' rather than 'team.'

Didn't think you were old mate. But since the introduction of the 17 and interchange, the term group really does seem appropriate.

It amazes me that Corey Norman earns $500k less per season than DCE, when Corey Norman (ON the field) is obviously a much, much more talented footballer.

That being said, it's actually probably just that - the off field rubbish that may have cost him $500k per season. I hope his mates are worth that.
That's the attribute of Chez that these drongos bag - he protects his clean cut brand :)

Norman is not more talented at all. He was just more effective this year due to the players around him @:cool:

Companies would be avoiding handing over TPAs to players with Norman's posse :eek:

This

Remember that Cherry was all set to sign for around $700k before the Penn's pulled the contract offer (which came from the Quantum side) so they would have more money to throw at Foran, who we all know played them for fools because he was never going to stay here. And Cherry can hardly be faulted for that.

As said, Foran played them for fools and by the time the club realised it, DCE had signed with the Titans. Fact is that Manly had to then match and then some the Tits contract if they were going to get him to stay. And who in their right mind, whether they never wanted to leave or not, would backflip for less money than he was guaranteed to get elsewhere?

The Penn's stuffed that whole situation up from the start, probably with no small help from someone behind the scenes (ZtH) pushing for Foran to be the one they concentrated on.
100% right. Scott and joke ended up paying overs for their own player who had agreed to play for less.
He's busted his arse this year playing injured and sometimes it looks like the blokes playing outside him have no idea anyway.
Because they don't.
Green might not be a world beater but he's solid and watching him lately he should give DCE something better to work with than this year.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8