• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's the attribute of Chez that these drongos bag - he protects his clean cut brand :)

Norman is not more talented at all. He was just more effective this year due to the players around him @:cool:

Companies would be avoiding handing over TPAs to players with Norman's posse :eek:

I'd love to know if DCE is getting third party agreements. I actually have calculated that he may actually have a pretty low cap hit (much less than people think) if you take into consideration all the benefits. Want me to show how?

I'd love to know if DCE is getting third party agreements. I actually have calculated that he may actually have a pretty low cap hit (much less than people think) if you take into consideration all the benefits. Want me to show how?
Chez has Nike and Fox Sports TPAs for sure.

Pretty sure that any player who regularly appears on the footy shows, does so due to the TPA

Joker is the one who has the spreadsheet, not The Lurker nor Tallis @:cool:

We need an agree x 100 icon! If any player or fan is upset with DCE's coin and terms they can blame the Penn management. I am sure if anyone was put in that situation where that amount of $$ and terms were offered (especially when this type of sport is a short term career) they would be like 'hell yeah'.
Yes and no. Just ask beaver Menzies. Several times he was offered much much bigger contracts to go elsewhere(parra) and didn't take it. Do you think he regrets it?? What about Cronk? Sure he makes great money but he could of got better money elsewhere.
Sometimes there is more to life than money.
Of course there are players that go for the money, they are generally the ones who don't win premierships and who are forgotten quickly.

He leads the league in bland cliches though. God I find him hard to listen too - would actually prefer the usual leaguie grunts and ahs, spoken with passion.
Yep. Someone earlier talked about how well spoken he is when in reality he has very limited vocabulary and just tries to sound like he thinks he should which makes him seem a little hollow. I always feel a little bit sorry for Chez, he just seems to lack authenticity.

Say DCE's contract has been advertised at 1.2 mill per season. This is what is being advertised by the media, zero tackle etc, so we'll start there.

+ I will be conservative when applying discounts:

$1,200,000 Contract per season
+ 300k Long Serving Player Allowance (6 years). We have Stewart, Matai, (Lyon will be gone), but Buhrer becomes eligible next season, so lets say 4 players (or $75k each) - I'd bet it would be more along the lines of 200k odd - but lets distribute it evenly.

+ $100k motor vehicle (5 cars) allowance at 20k each. Assume built into DCE's contract is a motor vehicle allowance of 20k.

+ $600k Marquee player allowance. I'm assuming at present we'd have Lyon and DCE (Kelly stated DCE was our marquee player upon re-signing). Lyon will be gone. That's an additional 600k (whilst paid) potentially removed from his cap hit.

+ Assume in his 1.2 million contract there is built in some nominal 3rd party agreements (let's say 100k to be conservative)

+ There is an unlimited education allowance allowable under the cap. Now, DCE is prominant in the media etc, and I have no doubts he is being supported there. let's assume 10k odd.

Therefore: $1.2M, less 75k LSPA, less 20k vehicle, less 600k marquee, less 100k 3rd party, less 10k education = DCE Manly Sea eagles cap hit estimate: $395k.

Obviously the marquee player allowance doesn't apply to other players.

Yes and no. Just ask beaver Menzies. Several times he was offered much much bigger contracts to go elsewhere(parra) and didn't take it. Do you think he regrets it?? What about Cronk? Sure he makes great money but he could of got better money elsewhere.
Of course there are players that go for the money, they are generally the ones who don't win premierships and who are forgotten quickly.
Your argument also supports why Chez chose to stay at Freshwater for the same contract monies that the Titans lured him with. :)

Beaver was pre super league and the game was not seen as a business by players then.

Now players are aware of their bargaining power and the amount of wealth that they generate for Clubs and the NRL @:cool:

Cronk's contract would be in the same ballpark no matter where he went. He wants to get into the Media, so staying in Melbourne will give him a chance to be the Fox Sports face of league in Victoria.
He is already destined to be a coach too IMO :nod:

If he had Manly at heart he would of said yeah I'll take the original contract and then maybe we can bring on board some more quality players!!!!! Instead he took the 1.2 mil with a big smile. Again that's fine, but you better perform or your going to get pasted in Sh!t

Hozza, I don't know what your relationship with the delightful Mrs Hozza is like, but, ..... if I ever went home to Mrs Woodsie and said

"Turtledove, Manly just offered me $1.2 mil a year for 10 years, but heck the Penns and the lads are such nice fellas I told them to keep $500,000 a year and give it to someone else. It's only $5 million and we don't need it"

She would sew them back on just to have the pleasure of cutting them off again.

Well said @Woodsie , Turtledove would put Kapow to shame I'm sure :rofl:

Snake and Matai must be even more lacking in altruism than Chez. They are earning monies that they are not playing for at all this year :wondering:

We used to call the 'playing group' the 'team.'

But why use one word when you can use two?

Yep, that ****s me no end too.

All sports do it now - footy, cricket, AFL, soccer.

Call me old school but they are either a team or they're not.
I blame it on the PC folk, you know, everyone gets a trophy and ****.

If you're not in the "team" you might be next week so you are all part of the "playing group", whether you are or not.

Your argument also supports why Chez chose to stay at Freshwater for the same contract monies that the Titans lured him with. :)

Beaver was pre super league and the game was not seen as a business by players then.

Now players are aware of their bargaining power and the amount of wealth that they generate for Clubs and the NRL @:cool:

Cronk's contract would be in the same ballpark no matter where he went. He wants to get into the Media, so staying in Melbourne will give him a chance to be the Fox Sports face of league in Victoria.
He is already destined to be a coach too IMO :nod:
Again I disagree, he would earn at least 2 or 3 hundred thousand at another club. Instead he plays with mates he loves to hopefully win premierships.
Agree on his media career.

We will just have to agree to disagree Happily. I'm usually agreeing with most your posts. Hopefully your correct and I'm not. But one thing is for sure and that's the pressure is on Dce.

Hozza, I don't know what your relationship with the delightful Mrs Hozza is like, but, ..... if I ever went home to Mrs Woodsie and said

"Turtledove, Manly just offered me $1.2 mil a year for 10 years, but heck the Penns and the lads are such nice fellas I told them to keep $500,000 a year and give it to someone else. It's only $5 million and we don't need it"

She would sew them back on just to have the pleasure of cutting them off again.
Well Woodsie I'm hoping she would be ok with me wanting to win premierships!

She may stab me once or twice.....
Or seventeen times......
And waterboard me.....
But after that we'd be fine.

Yep, but Beaver may have taken into account at various times in his career
- Sir Clifton Lyons ( is there an end to that highlights reel? )
- Sir Geoffrey Toovey
- Mackie Campbell ( his Grandad)
- Des Hasler
- Nik Kosef
- Daniel Gartner
- Matt Orford
- Choc
- Snake
- BK
- Brent Kite
- Narrabeen Beach
- and his legacy of being a one club player regardless of what the NRL stats say

Sure he could've made more money elsewhere but Beaver is Beaver and that's why we love him, he's ours and he did it his way and we'll be eternally grateful for that.

Cronk to me is similar to Beaver in that he also knows his game and who he plays with contributes to it in so many ways. Why would you leave?

You are right there is more to life than money. Maybe it wasn't about the money? Remember he wasn't the one who wanted to leave. All negotiations were aimed at Foran, DCE was settled with his family on the Northern Beaches, maybe his dream was to be a one-club player? Media painted him as money hungry but who knows?

You are right there is more to life than money. Maybe it wasn't about the money? Remember he wasn't the one who wanted to leave. All negotiations were aimed at Foran, DCE was settled with his family on the Northern Beaches, maybe his dream was to be a one-club player? Media painted him as money hungry but who knows?
Chez had no offer from Manly till Fiz confirmed that he was signed with Parra.:shake: Titans threw the house at him and that is where his pay rate was set. :moneybag:

The 'halves re-signing' of 2015 was as successful as the 'most lucrative Sponsorship' of 2016 by Manly Admin :wondering:

Chez had no offer from Manly till Fiz confirmed that he was signed with Parra.:shake: Titans threw the house at him and that is where his pay rate was set. :moneybag:

The 'halves re-signing' of 2015 was as successful as the 'most lucrative Sponsorship' of 2016 by Manly Admin :wondering:
I thought in his interview he had a verbal offer the previous year?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4