• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

XV-1

First Grader
I agree this seems very odd. If it's a typical 42 day settlement that means he will own it in 6 weeks. What is he going to do with it for the next 6 months, leave it sit there empty?

I'm not buying this as the confirmation of his departure.

His Mum will be moving in and getting it ready for the move

DCE will be finished with Manly as of round 26 as no chance of semi finals this year

Shoe1

Journey Man
Well he clearly did not buy it with the intent of it being an investment property so whether or not he would want one is another story.

Personally, I would keep my cash well clear of the Gold Coast property market as an investment. If I bought it then changed my mind I'd want my cash back.

But hey, it's all hypotheticals and guesswork :)
Yeah good point, not a great place to invest. I guess he's gone. The cooling off period for house purchases is less flexible than league contracts

DUFFMAN

Bencher
DCE should just sign with Canberra, that way he is close to the institute of sport.
With all the back flips he is certain to get gold in the Rio Olympics in the gymnastics.

JenEagle

Bencher
Yeah any ketchup u could reveal matai forever? After the bit of a disappointing night last night this would be fantastic news.

I know this is off topic but I was sitting on the hill last night and I must admit that I am so used to seeing watmough playing over the last 12 years with his distinctive running game at Brookie that I actually kept looking up and waiting for one of his runs. Can't believe he was stupid enough to go to parra. Off topic and another same old watmough comment I know. Apologies.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
All of the reasons for hope and all of the "nails in the coffin" are pure speculation. Until he confirms one way or the other there is nothing concrete to base any opinion on with regards to the potential backflip.

Prez

Reserve Grader
Face the facts, if he's bought a house up there then he's gone.
Sigh... I suppose you guys are right. I have never blindly convinced myself at any point that he would definitely backflip, but rather remained quietly hopeful that he'd hang around. I just think that staying with Manly will be so much better for his football career long term, and would hate to think that he will go to the Gold Coast simply to avoid a couple of weeks of bad press about his credibility etc (when he will be acting within the NRL's own rules if he chose to stay). Most people especially the media still think the world of GI, so clearly attitudes to a player can be turned around.

Mavin

Bencher
All of the reasons for hope and all of the "nails in the coffin" are pure speculation. Until he confirms one way or the other there is nothing concrete to base any opinion on with regards to the potential backflip.

What's 2 confirm? He has already told everyone that he is leaving how is it his fault that people seem 2 think he is lying?

eaglebuzz

Bencher
What's 2 confirm? He has already told everyone that he is leaving how is it his fault that people seem 2 think he is lying?

Circumstances have changed since he said he was leaving, there are good reasons to believe that he is at least tempted to change his mind and the potential for him to do so is there within the current rules. He may not, but the silence has been deafening from him. He could have ended this speculation months ago by coming out and saying something definitive. He hasn't. In fact he has gone to considerable lengths to avoid saying anything definitive.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I don't agree I'd take him over cronk any day of the week. It will take a he'll of a good half to replace dce and the way he fits into manlys culture . Just my opinion.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but the minute Cronk went off in Origin 1 last year, the QLD ship started sinking. Now I understand DCE was thrust into the spotlight, and probably hadn't done as much training in the position leading up to the game, and I also understand that Cronk has played with those QLD players plenty of times before, but DCE looked like a deer in the headlights.

Cronk is a % player, and history tells us that % players win you big games, not the flash in the pan types. DCE is a mixture of both; he is not flashy enough to be Shaun Johnson, but he is not controlled enough to be Cronk. He does the occasional big play, but rarely have I seen him step up in the biggest moment and deliver the game for his team. He is not a great organiser of the team, and seems to drift around looking for an opportunity, as opposed to guiding the team around the park; something he should have done in the second half last night for example.

That's just my 2 cents worth. I'm not attacking your opinion, I just like discussing players and their games.

Mavin

Bencher
Circumstances have changed since he said he was leaving, there are good reasons to believe that he is at least tempted to change his mind and the potential for him to do so is there within the current rules. He may not, but the silence has been deafening from him. He could have ended this speculation months ago by coming out and saying something definitive. He hasn't. In fact he has gone to considerable lengths to avoid saying anything definitive.

The silence has been deafening because he is sick off all the speculation (not by him) he told the players he was leaving and when the speculation started about a month a go he was harassed and hounded 2 make a statement.

He finally said nothing has changed and called the chair of the club he is going 2 (and said he is going) yet still people don't believe him and want him 2 make another statement.

The only time he needs 2 make a statement is if he has changed his mind which it is obvious he hasn't.

I just hope the people in charge of the club have a better plan than crossing there fingers but I fear they haven't.

qldeagle

Bencher
At this point, I honestly don't care.
I agree he's not worth the crazy money people are speculating. He's said he's leaving, he's bought a house on the coast and still people can't accept it and move on. Guys get over it and talk on things other than DCE. Seriously I'm so fu**ing over it. Let's talk about Hodges for 10000 comments.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
At least in a couple of weeks it will all be over. I am thinking he is gone. Not going to dwell on it anymore. Club only has itself to blame for him leaving. Should of put their efforts into signing him and not Foran. No matter who we have next year, we will still be better than the Titans.

Menzies11

Reserve Grader
I agree he's not worth the crazy money people are speculating. He's said he's leaving, he's bought a house on the coast and still people can't accept it and move on. Guys get over it and talk on things other than DCE. Seriously I'm so fu**ing over it. Let's talk about Hodges for 10000 comments.
Agreed, time to move on from the old halves and concentrate on finding some new ones. Way things are going we will get 10000 posts in before we sign any.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
The silence has been deafening because he is sick off all the speculation (not by him) he told the players he was leaving and when the speculation started about a month a go he was harassed and hounded 2 make a statement.

He finally said nothing has changed and called the chair of the club he is going 2 (and said he is going) yet still people don't believe him and want him 2 make another statement.

The only time he needs 2 make a statement is if he has changed his mind which it is obvious he hasn't.

I just hope the people in charge of the club have a better plan than crossing there fingers but I fear they haven't.

That makes no sense. He is sick of the speculation and that is the reason why he hasn't done the one thing that would END it?

And who has said that he called the Titans to say that he's definitely coming? The press? The Titans? That has been pure innuendo. Even if the Titans said he called them, was that just their interpretation of him calling up to say "nothing has changed"? Bear in mind this is the same club that came out and said they'd signed Lyon while he was still contracted to us.

If DCE is definitely going to the Tits all he has to do is come out and say in no uncertain terms that he's doing just that. Given that he hasn't, and that the club is signing his friends, and have upgraded their offer, it is pretty clear that he is at least tempted to stay. He may not, but he is definitely thinking about it.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
This is not a dig aimed at Cherry but the amount of money paid to athletes for playing a game is crazy.
Life must be tough buying a 1.5 mil house as 26 year-old footballer.
The backflip idea was fun while it lasted.
In reality does DCE deserve to earn twice as much money as a player like Snake?
Would still love him to stay but I think it's over. Sad.
I won't hate Cherry but the titans, pre cocaine and Nrl management, were previously on my non-hate list. I've readjusted my lists.

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18
15 7 7 28 17