• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Nuts

It is reported in the Courier Mail that DCE has bought a $1.5 million house in Mermaid Beach. That must be a great investment or he is definitely going to the Gold Coast next year.

Prez

Reserve Grader
Just because you own a house doesn't mean you have to live in it. It may have been a wise investment for his post football career. We wont know until the deadline but I'm not about to start believing that real estate agents and journalists are suddenly speaking the truth.

The Who

Journey Man
Seems like the journos are not checking on here regularly enough, as this 'news' was posted here at least a week ago. C'mon you media hacks - Silvertails is where all the best gossip is. You must visit here every couple of hours. We even write the rumours in better English than you mob!

manlywarringah

Bencher
Premium Member
It could also have been part of his 3rd party deal with the Titans. Maybe even an under the table deal?

This sale may well have been initiated at the time he signed his titans contract. I doubt it would have been done in the last week or so.

Maybe this is what's complicating the backflip, the house that the titans gave him a reduction on for his signature? Purely speculation on my behalf...

Mavin

Bencher
It could be all these theories are wrong and it's as simple as he told everyone the truth he is going and the only people stoking the backflip story are the media and us as a club.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Just because you own a house doesn't mean you have to live in it. It may have been a wise investment for his post football career. We wont know until the deadline but I'm not about to start believing that real estate agents and journalists are suddenly speaking the truth.
Gold Coast real estate in a booming market as a wise investment..? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That always ends well...

Rodo

Goldmember
Tipping Member
If true and it seems so, what a breach of privacy. I'd be mighty pissed of if I was Cherry.
sounds like it's time for us to start accepting he's going. What a shame for Manly. We've let go a great halfback who didn't want to leave.

Yes if true then I am sure DCE would not be happy about these details being in the press. It's not hard now for anyone to find out everything about his new house just by doing some googling. It appears that it is currently only under offer so we can only hope that he does not go through with the sale.

lurker

Beaver lover
If I was making 1.2mil a year I'd be doing my best to negatively gear a **** tonne of property to lower my taxable income. Maybe it's just a nice holiday house not too far from his folks if he's even bought it at all?

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
If I was making 1.2mil a year I'd be doing my best to negatively gear a **** tonne of property to lower my taxable income. Maybe it's just a nice holiday house not too far from his folks if he's even bought it at all?
Could even be for his mum?? Could be I'm deluding myself and holding on to the fantasy that he is staying, kinda like that Halle Berry fantasy I've held onto all these years....she does really love me you know....she just doesn't know it yet. Gotta go - there's a knock at the door....could be Halle....coming dear....

lurker

Beaver lover
Could even be for his mum?? Could be I'm deluding myself and holding on to the fantasy that he is staying, kinda like that Halle Berry fantasy I've held onto all these years....she does really love me you know....she just doesn't know it yet. Gotta go - there's a knock at the door....could be Halle....coming dear....
you really are deluding yourself with halle berry because she loves me.....

My understanding is that the house was purchased some weeks ago before the latest round of backflip talk gained momentum. Before Myles signed and before talk of Lussick heading back to Brookvale.
I certainly don't think it's a good sign, but also feel it's not an irreversible act. I'm sure if he has subsequently changed his mind he will be compensated for any loss incurred on purchase costs etc.
Find it interesting that this story breaks on the morning DCE is in Origin camp and not in communication with Manly.......

eaglebuzz

Bencher
I have to say this place is a very glass half full environment. No one could accuse the majority of posters on this forum of being skeptical. Everyday a new nail is hammered into the coffin, and everyday a large portion of you find a way to rise above it and keep the belief.

There is evidence to mount a case both ways. I don't think anyone will be surprised if he doesn't stay at Manly... just disappointed. But there are reasons to be hopeful until we know for sure. Myles signing was a massive development in the case for being optimistic, but at the end of the day we won't know until the end of round 13.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
13 7 6 -55 18