• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
Could even be for his mum?? Could be I'm deluding myself and holding on to the fantasy that he is staying, kinda like that Halle Berry fantasy I've held onto all these years....she does really love me you know....she just doesn't know it yet. Gotta go - there's a knock at the door....could be Halle....coming dear....
Sounds a lot better than my Marilyn Monroe fantasy...Zombie Marilyn... "Moondog darling, I've come to take you home..."

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If, as it seems, he really does end up there, a few observations.

1. It's a massively stupid career move. Surely Daly's smart enough to know that playing in a strong team has merit as far as just enjoying your football goes.

2. Never has a negotiation been handled more poorly. You've got a quality player that actually wants to stay and you act like a smartass and lowball him. Nice work gentlemen. For the record, Daly would not have cost 1.2.......it's more like 500K because you're out 700K to get anyone even approaching his standard.

I don't begrudge DCE going. The blame lies with the club. But how frustrating has it been watching all this unfold ?

Shoe1

Journey Man
My understanding is that the house was purchased some weeks ago before the latest round of backflip talk gained momentum. Before Myles signed and before talk of Lussick heading back to Brookvale.
I certainly don't think it's a good sign, but also feel it's not an irreversible act. I'm sure if he has subsequently changed his mind he will be compensated for any loss incurred on purchase costs etc.
Find it interesting that this story breaks on the morning DCE is in Origin camp and not in communication with Manly.......
It means a) he is going to live in it or b) he is staying and this is an investment property.

No need to back out of the purchase is he stays.

It means a) he is going to live in it or b) he is staying and this is an investment property.

No need to back out of the purchase is he stays.

Well he clearly did not buy it with the intent of it being an investment property so whether or not he would want one is another story.

Personally, I would keep my cash well clear of the Gold Coast property market as an investment. If I bought it then changed my mind I'd want my cash back.

But hey, it's all hypotheticals and guesswork :)

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Well he clearly did not buy it with the intent of it being an investment property so whether or not he would want one is another story.

Personally, I would keep my cash well clear of the Gold Coast property market as an investment. If I bought it then changed my mind I'd want my cash back.

But hey, it's all hypotheticals and guesswork :)
No its a great market to buy into, especially if you want to cop a 30% loss when it tanks as it no doubt will.

Brave lender who would write a jumbo loan in that market. Foolish person who would pay cash...

weev

Bencher
Daly must feel like the belle of the ball. For now.

Reality comes a crashing though when this fairytale ends, and that is when he is running around for a financially insolvent club with the weight of expectations crashing around him. Now, he can be in a team at the bottom of the table and still have fans. Up there he'll be scapegoated for anything less than club success. The hopes are pinned on him to effect a miracle.

This property deal sounds odd, why buy now to leave empty till next year.

mjb136

MWSE fanatic
Premium Member
It is reported in the Courier Mail that DCE has bought a $1.5 million house in Mermaid Beach. That must be a great investment or he is definitely going to the Gold Coast next year.

since when is an investment on the gold coast a good investment.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
Daly must feel like the belle of the ball. For now.

Reality comes a crashing though when this fairytale ends, and that is when he is running around for a financially insolvent club with the weight of expectations crashing around him. Now, he can be in a team at the bottom of the table and still have fans. Up there he'll be scapegoated for anything less than club success. The hopes are pinned on him to effect a miracle.

This property deal sounds odd, why buy now to leave empty till next year.
I agree this seems very odd. If it's a typical 42 day settlement that means he will own it in 6 weeks. What is he going to do with it for the next 6 months, leave it sit there empty?

I'm not buying this as the confirmation of his departure.

Peter C

Bencher
In a way I'm relieved that he's probably going, sure our management farked up big time in not signing him up ages ago, but now we even have to trump the Titan's over the top offer to get him to change his mind, we need other players as well.

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
since when is an investment on the gold coast a good investment.

Twenty years ago a mate had the chance to buy a brand new townhouse on the GC or he could have bought a real project in Holdsworthy. He went for the GC.

Ask him about it..........but make sure you've got a spare half hour because it kills him how much folding he threw away. :swear:

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I'd rather him stay than go, but I think he is overrated. He is a good first grader, and a brilliant player on his day, but he lacks consistency to be considered great. You can guarantee that Cronk and Thurston are going to come out and give 100% every week, and 8/10 times, they will take the right option and ice the game. DCE is a 50/50 proposition any given week in my humble opinion.

Yes, it's still better than what else is on offer, but long term, he is certainly replaceable.

brad

First Grader
I don't agree I'd take him over cronk any day of the week. It will take a he'll of a good half to replace dce and the way he fits into manlys culture . Just my opinion.

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
13 7 6 -55 18
15 7 7 28 17