The boring non-Manly Final series 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Great to see a ref who had a total disregard for the 10 meter rule last week, blow a penalty for inside the 10 in the first 2 minutes of this game. I could accept that if that was how he ruled every game. Give me some consistency please..

Anyway... Going back to the Cronulla game, and the player with the ruptured testicle who had to wear a protective box. Wtf is a ruptured testicle protection box?

Anyway... Going back to the Cronulla game, and the player with the ruptured testicle who had to wear a protective box. Wtf is a ruptured testicle protection box?
It's a version of what cricketers wear.
Had to be modified for the NRL so that an opponent doesn't get knocked out if they go in for a low tackle.

Just what were StMerge thinking in that final set? Reynolds already kicked two field goals and you give the ball back on halfway? Brain explosion?
DCE would be ripped to shreds on here if he'd have done that. I reckon he would have kicked it deep too.
At least the dragons achieved their mission. Toasting the thoroughbreds.:D

I'm sure that there is a play the man and not the ball joke there somewhere.

Love the chat from David Lloyd facing Thomson back in the 70s, old style box with the little holes in it, it opened up on impact, everything fell through and then it closed again :eek:

Had to retire hurt and put everything into a glass of ice, and said to the physio "can you take away the pain but leave the swelling"

Had to retire hurt and put everything into a glass of ice, and said to the physio "can you take away the pain but leave the swelling"

Cricket has had so many great moments.. The Batsmans Holding, the bowlers Willey...

I love this world sometimes...

Just what were StMerge thinking in that final set? Reynolds already kicked two field goals and you give the ball back on halfway? Brain explosion?
DCE would be ripped to shreds on here if he'd have done that. I reckon he would have kicked it deep too.
At least the dragons achieved their mission. Toasting the thoroughbreds.:D

I was watching and could not believe that both halves, Hunt and Mann, were on the short side on the 5th just their own side of halfway, and with a minute to go with the scores locked.....Hunt decides to run and pass to Mann who is then tackled just inside his own half way.

As you said, kick it deep into the corner and make them work it out from their own line either through a kick return or scrum. Either way, just get the ball as far as possible from your own line. That brain explosion gifted Souffs about 40 free metres of field position. Instead of having to go 80 or 90 metres, they only had to go about 20 or 30 to be in FG range and Reynolds made them pay.

It cost St Merge their season.

Ben Hunt showing once again that while he may be a decent enough halfback most of the time, when the pressure is on he has about as much structural integrity as a Flake chocolate bar.

Love the chat from David Lloyd facing Thomson back in the 70s, old style box with the little holes in it, it opened up on impact, everything fell through and then it closed again :eek:

And we all know how fast Thommo used to bowl. I'm laughing and cringing at the same time :rofl: :shake:

FYI the batter on the ground in the pic you can see is David Lloyd.

I was watching and could not believe that both halves, Hunt and Mann, were on the short side on the 5th just their own side of halfway, and with a minute to go with the scores locked.....Hunt decides to run and pass to Mann who is then tackled just inside his own half way.

As you said, kick it deep into the corner and make them work it out from their own line either through a kick return or scrum. Either way, just get the ball as far as possible from your own line. That brain explosion gifted Souffs about 40 free metres of field position. Instead of having to go 80 or 90 metres, they only had to go about 20 or 30 to be in FG range and Reynolds made them pay.

It cost St Merge their season.

Ben Hunt showing once again that while he may be a decent enough halfback most of the time, when the pressure is on he has about as much structural integrity as a Flake chocolate bar.
I have not been watching any games since our season was done . I only get to read all the updates form this forum
A question for you mate
From seeing all the semi finals matches , which players from our Manly squad would stand out and put their stamp in those fast paced, tough pressure finals games . ?

And we all know how fast Thommo used to bowl. I'm laughing and cringing at the same time :rofl: :shake:

FYI the batter on the ground in the pic you can see is David Lloyd.

There is no , no . no substitute for speed !!!
images.png

I have not been watching any games since our season was done . I only get to read all the updates form this forum
A question for you mate
From seeing all the semi finals matches , which players from our Manly squad would stand out and put their stamp in those fast paced, tough pressure finals games . ?
If he had proper coaching turbo and that is about it in our squad.
The one thing really noticeable in the finals is how slow we are compared to the top teams in the competition.
My tips souths to roll easts next weekend with storm beating sharks ..storm vs rabbits gf storm winning by 14

Last edited:
A question for you mate

DCE, the Turbos. At this stage its hard to think of anyone else who could from our current lot.

If he had proper coaching turbo and that is about it in our squad.
The one thing really noticeable in the finals is how slow we are compared to the top teams in the competition.
My tips souths to roll easts next weekend with storm beating sharks ..storm vs rabbits gf storm winning by 14

Personally, as much as I hate both teams, I'm hoping that the Sharks beat the Drizzle next week. Anything to prevent Ch.9 turning GF day into Billy Slater Day.

Personally, as much as I hate both teams, I'm hoping that the Sharks beat the Drizzle next week. Anything to prevent Ch.9 turning GF day into Billy Slater Day.

I agree
Also watching this finals series it really has not lived up to other years
Living in Sydney there has not been the same build up to games as previous years
Look at the crowds really Saturday night should of got at least 60,000 and only 19,000 to Friday nights game.
The day we get back competing deep into September will be the day the finals come good again..hate having my Souths mates enjoying September this year.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8