The boring non-Manly Final series 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
After this frustrating year I'm very annoyed with Toddy and his product for entertainment that used to be rugby league. I usually look forward to the finals but I can't find any reason to this year. This thread is for Silvertails to share who they don't want to win and why. Here's mine.

Rorters - they represent all that is smug when you have salary cap sombrero in Sydney
Donkeys - Brisbane equivalent of the rorters. Even worse as they're a one team city and they build statues and name freeways after players. I live in QLD. The media's broncofest would be unbearable.
Storm - no explanation needed. Purple cap cheats who continue reinventing disgusting and dangerous tactics that shouldn't be in the game. If they do make the GF I hope Cecchin sends Scam off again.
Sharks - they need to wait another 50 years before they win a second.
Panthers - Gus's head would get an even bigger head and his mouth even more flappy if they won.
Bunnies - the pride of the league stuff is cringe-worthy. Too many bandwagonners and I want to throw a phone at Russell.
ST Merge - When they choke it's funny.
Warriors - I could handle them winning. Shaun Johnson's great to watch and Manly wouldn't be responsible for the trophy going across the ditch.

Go Manly, 2019!

Last edited:
Sadly I actually have a soft spot for Souffs this year - not sure why but they have built well, play a good brand of footy, the Burgess bros don’t annoy me like they use to (maybe because their Mummy is not on Ch 9 sideline coverage every 3 mins) and have not got the golden armchair ride the others have. Their supporters are still low life funts but I will let that pass for a once.

As for others Storm, chooks, bongos, Sharks are brown paper bag carriers, Dragons/Warriors will fall apart and the Riff has Gus Gould.

Someone wake me up in 2019

Sadly I actually have a soft spot for Souffs this year - not sure why but they have built well, play a good brand of footy, the Burgess bros don’t annoy me like they use to (maybe because their Mummy is not on Ch 9 sideline coverage every 3 mins) and have not got the golden armchair ride the others have. Their supporters are still low life funts but I will let that pass for a once.

As for others Storm, chooks, bongos, Sharks are brown paper bag carriers, Dragons/Warriors will fall apart and the Riff has Gus Gould.

Someone wake me up in 2019
They're a better option than others. I like Dane Gagai as a player. Damien Cook is having a monster year. But I don't want a repeat of the bell ringing and the 'Glory to South Sydney' thing they did at the '14 GF. And all those silly bunny stickers. They've just about worn off the cars by now.
They'd be back if they won.

They're a better option than others. I like Dane Gagai as a player. Damien Cook is having a monster year. But I don't want a repeat of the bell ringing and the 'Glory to South Sydney' thing they did at the '14 GF. And all those silly bunny stickers. They've just about worn off the cars by now.
They'd be back if they won.
I forgot about those ducking stickers

The only 2 teams I could stomach are the warriors and the riff.

Warriors are an entertaining team with alot of talent. Manly has always had a healthy competitiveness with them, I always like watching us play them. Also being NZ they clearly don't get the preferable treatment of souffs, donkeys, etc..

The riff, sure gus' head would explode, but they are a talented team. Nathan Cleary is a future star who seems to be a genuine guy on and off the field. I'll admit though, I think they will be out by rd2 of the finals.

Storm - it's our modern day nemesis. Can't stand them, and even less their captain.

Roosters - $20M salary cap while we get witch hunted. They are abusing the system, so I hope they loose.

Donkeys - the NRL and Neins love child. Again unlimited cap, a big No.

Souffs - always hated souffs. Its my family's rival. My mum's family and my old man's best mate are big souffs supporters so can't stomach a win. Fortunetly we've had most of the last laughs the last 10 years.

Gummies - I don't want them to win cause they won recently. Being honest couldn't care if they did. Flanno has them playing well.

St Choke - they're going to knock themselves out.

If warriors or riff don't make the GF, probably won't watch it.

Its motor sport for me now until the (what will prob be a poor season) cricket starts.

I'd be content with a Worriers' win. I don't have anything against them and with their country's footballing talent they are long overdue.
Souffs used to be my most disliked team. However, this season, I have a grudging respect for them. They are a suburban team that has a rookie coach and they haven't made many big purchasers (Gagai is the only one this season). I feel if Souffs can revive their fortunes with a new coach and basically the same roster as the previous season then there may be hope for us in 2019.
The teams I don't want to win, in order of bile, are:
  • Brisbane
  • Easts
  • St George
  • Storm
  • Cronulla
  • The 'Riff

Souffs used to be my most disliked team. However, this season, I have a grudging respect for them. They are a suburban team that has a rookie coach and they haven't made many big purchasers (Gagai is the only one this season). I
Haven't made many big purchases? Joking? They bought 2 of the absolute world's best in Ingliss and Burgess and they've already won one premiership based around them. And Gagai was the SOO player of the year last year. However I agree they play a good entertaining brand of footy this year.

Of the top 4, Souths are by far my preferred winners, over cheaters Storm and Sharks and obvious-though-somehow-not-yet-convicted cheaters Chooks.

My worst result? Storm. However their grappling expertise combined with Greenberg's instructions to referees will probably get them over the line. Would be a sickening outcome for sure.

My silver lining result? Chooks, because a Chook win will be met with such overwhelming cynicism by the broader rugby league fan base it may just be enough to prompt some serious changes to the salary cap/TPA scheme

I live in Auckland, so I'm going for the Warriors. Anyone but the Drizzle, Rorters, Donkeys or South Sydney Rabies.

A storm Vs chickens would be interesting.

How great would it be to see cronk send slater out a crying loser..

Penny,warriors,dragons and broncos are just making up the numbers, sharks are in the middle of a cap rorting investigation so really don't wanna see them win..

If I had to back a side, its Prolly South's this year.. I hate them, but my mums a life long South's fan and she's sick in hospital ATM, so I'm gonna ride them home for her

Now that I’m relaxed knowing we didn’t get the spoon it’s time to release my energies on the wife.
giphy.gif

My silver lining result? Chooks, because a Chook win will be met with such overwhelming cynicism by the broader rugby league fan base it may just be enough to prompt some serious changes to the salary cap/TPA scheme
The chooks already receive overwhelming cynicism by the broader fan base but it makes no difference in the NRL and the media. Uncle Nick and his media mates will just see that a chooks win will promote more articles about how 'they're not richer, just smarter', 'they manage their cap better than others' etc.
Everyone knows their roster. Chock full of absolute stars. They are literally buying a premiership and people are still calling us Silvertails, even with Trent's garden chairs and the ever famous demountables.
Stuff the chooks!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8