The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Without a real 6, we are no hope of winning a comp.
Think Killer and Foran...they played direct and set a platform of opportunity. DCE would kill it with this type of assistance.
Maybe a 2 year deal for Foran is not the worst idea. Without the histrionics of those questioning his body and mind (which I share)
He would be a perfect fit. He is still playing great footy too

Without a real spine we are no hope of winning a comp .... obviously we need two fullbacks (because Tom is a part timer), a more mature or organizing 5/8 so DCE can just play his natural game (because he is no organizer), a more crafty a better distributing No 9 (Fainu may never play again), (be nice to still have Api all you Api knockers). imho

1 Manly offers $250k
2 Hoppa says not enough
3 Dogs interested but need on field proof
4 Not getting a start at Manly, Warriors offer loan deal
5 Manly help the bloke out and agree

Think I got it.

After developing the guy for years including standing by him during long term injuries and agreeing to loan I think Manly has done the right thing by the bloke. If he wants to go to the dogs after all that then that's fine too.
I agree with all that.. I just dont understand why he cant get a start with us atm if he is fit enough to be loaned to the warriors... we are not going so well that it should be impossible to break into the side...

Without a real spine we are no hope of winning a comp .... obviously we need two fullbacks (because Tom is a part timer), a more mature or organizing 5/8 so DCE can just play his natural game (because he is no organizer), a more crafty a better distributing No 9 (Fainu may never play again), (be nice to still have Api all you Api knockers). imho

I’d rather develop Cust over chasing Foz. Has a lot of upside, takes on the line, kicking game getting better and tough as teak.

So, to recap:
a) Manly has offered Hoppa 1/4 mil
b) Dogs want Hoppa plus 3 of our guys
c) Storm want Hoppa but not 3 of our guys
d) Dogs want 3 Penrith players
e) Manly has not made an offer to Hoppa
f) Manly wants Foran
f) none of the above

It's quite hard to keep up with the rumour mill!

1. You dont hold Des to the same level of accountability as Twent

In a lot of ways Des SHOULD be held to the same if not a higher level of accountability as Zoolander was. Des has a lot more NRL first grade coaching experience and a much better record. Rookie type selection mistakes you would expect from the garden furniture supplier, but not from someone with the experience that Des has.

I think you may find Turbo will be back.

If the reports I've been reading are true ... don't expect Tom back for at least another 3-4 weeks. A number of people apparently saw him limping at Newcastle yesterday. For someone coming off a major hamstring injury, that's not a good sign. Hopefully they were wrong

I honestly think playing Turbo now is dumb... reckon Des will say hes not ready for the next couple of weeks and then only risk him if we jag a couple of wins and have a real shot at finals...
Playing him to finish 9th instead of 13th would be pointless...

Bringing Tom back into the side too early won't be a good thing, especially if he breaks down again. If we were in the top 8 and fighting to stay there then it might be worth the risk (because of course, there is that chance that he won't break down and will be all good). But if there is very little chance of playing Finals then it might be better to keep him under wraps until 2021 rather than risk him being out for longer.

This is one thing I do hate. We spent the last 8 years of Snake's career cringing every time he ran or got tackled hoping his knees or hammy's wouldn't go on him. It was a sigh of relief every time he got up from being tackled simply if he wasn't limping. Now we're probably going to spend the best part of the next decade doing the same with Tom.

1 Manly offers $250k
2 Hoppa says not enough
3 Dogs interested but need on field proof
4 Not getting a start at Manly, Warriors offer loan deal
5 Manly help the bloke out and agree

Think I got it.

After developing the guy for years including standing by him during long term injuries and agreeing to loan I think Manly has done the right thing by the bloke. If he wants to go to the dogs after all that then that's fine too.
You forgot the part where we have a right to match. So, really, this is all an exercise in price discovery.

I had wanted Foz to come back for a while. Until yesterday, when Cust convinced me otherwise.

After what I thought were issues with Cust's game last year, so far this year he has convinced me that he should be our 5/8 for the long term (and that if Walks remains at Manly, then his place is in the centre's and not the halves).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8