The Ashes 2019 in Eng.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So Starc has not been picked. I know I'm a bit out of all the info but is there a reason for this one?

So Starc has not been picked. I know I'm a bit out of all the info but is there a reason for this one?
His record against top 6 batsmen has been really poor last couple of years - stats flattered by cleaning up the tail. Warney has been highly critical of him for quite a while re this

His record against top 6 batsmen has been really poor last couple of years - stats flattered by cleaning up the tail. Warney has been highly critical of him for quite a while re this

Ok, thanks. I just wasn't sure about a 150 k swinging bowler being left out. Seems like he gives away a lot of runs.

I thought Peter Siddle was about 50!

lol

Wear protection!

Which reminds me of an hilarious exchange with my American wife when my son was about 8yo and we took him to get kitted out with his cricket gear at Pawley's for his first season ... after a bat pads, gloves, whites, keepers gloves etc ... I grapped a box and handed it to her and moved on ... back in the car on the way home ... the young bloke had all the gear out on the back seat and the missus said pass me the box .. looked at it for a minute .. confused ... and asked what is this for ... I said he slips it down his pants to protect his crown jewels ... The look on her face .. and the immediate exclaimation of "What the hell game have you signed him up for that requires an 8yo to protect his genatalia' .... remains one of the funniest I can recall .... in the end it was a near run thing that he played his first game ...

Which reminds me of an hilarious exchange with my American wife when my son was about 8yo and we took him to get kitted out with his cricket gear at Pawley's for his first season ... after a bat pads, gloves, whites, keepers gloves etc ... I grapped a box and handed it to her and moved on ... back in the car on the way home ... the young bloke had all the gear out on the back seat and the missus said pass me the box .. looked at it for a minute .. confused ... and asked what is this for ... I said he slips it down his pants to protect his crown jewels ... The look on her face .. and the immediate exclaimation of "What the hell game have you signed him up for that requires an 8yo to protect his genatalia' .... remains one of the funniest I can recall .... in the end it was a near run thing that he played his first game ...

hahaha, that's great! North American spouses huh! Though mine played 'ice' hockey so she's tougher than me (bar set low)

^ Boo!

Gawd I can't stand the barmy army. Yeah y'all so tough with your.... sing songs. As intimidating as your pot bellies and sunburns. Of course as soon as any aussie cricketer turns to face you' you all grab you paraphernalia and beg for an autograph.

Joe root somehow seems offended about having to shake hands while at the same time begging for Aust to slip up so he can scream 'see, they say bad things'. There's some irony being missed over there.

Is Starc definitely out ?? I though he was in a battle with Hazlewood and P Siddy for 3rd pace spot. I would have though that Starc, Cummins and Hazlewood were locks - but looks like Pattison has jumped the queue. I think Hazlewood should play so maybe Starc does sit out. Your are right KE, his bowling over the summer with the red ball was poor - although he did finish with a couple of Michelle's against the Sri Lankans.

We aren't going to have a pace allrounder like the poms have with Stokes (they can't pick Marsh surely), so not sure who the 5th bowling option will likely be - does that give Marnus the edge as the only other all rounder ??

Or do they go old school and run with 5 outright bowlers and give Starc a reprieve ?? is our batting strong enough to carry the extra bowler ?? harris, wade, labuschagne battling it out for the last 1 or 2 batting spots. I think 10 of the 11 will be

Bancroft
Warner
Smith
Khawaja
Wade
Paine
Cummins
Pattison
Hazlewood
Lyon

then either Starc or Labuschagne

We'll know later tonight. Looking forward to it. Poms have a great record at Edgbaston so it'd be great to start with a win

You boys having a hit, no Starc or Hazelwood

2 of the weakest batting lineups I’ve seen in an Ashes series, Head, Wade, Paine doesn’t scare you from 5 down and not many big names for the Poms these days

Starc I get but Hazlewood is a mystery - they rested him from the World Cup for this?

Oh well with our order at least we will see how the bowlers go later tonight...

Gee this is pretty ordinary - not the most deadly bowling, just some poor cricket shots. No Anderson either and we still can't crack 250

Dear oh dear, what a crap total to wake up to.

I hate reading about dud lbw decisions. (Dud reviews are bad enough) but the Umpire has to be CERTAIN the ball would have hit the stumps, not half assed, and by the time they to umpire test matches, they should not be calling balls that show to be just grazing the stumps.

8-154. That a lot of contract dollars for stuff all runs

Khawaja for me is performing as expected, his tests scores this year is one century and a whole bunch of rubbish. fmd, isn't first drop supposed to be your best batsman? Talk about a lottery ticket.

8-208

Bowlers who get over 30 runs should get a proportion of the top order batsmen's test match payments if those batsmen fail.

Conversely, batsmen should never get bowlers wages as bowlers are awesome.

from ge, aged 9

ergo; siddle gets $$$$

d'oh, the ge curse. As soon as I typed the above, Siddle goes. 9-for

wow

Smith swinging and hitting everything

He's 131 and Aust are 9-263!

Smith takes one big swing too many and is bowled for a great 144. As soon as he's bowled he turns and runs off the field to a chorus of classless boo's from the eternally moronic, eventually replaced by applause. His running is to ensure Australia get at least 2 overs in tonight.

All out 284.

So as I started to stream the game, the runs dry up and Aust get out. Sorry.

Last edited:

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4