The Ashes 2019 in Eng.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I went to bed when the 8th wicket fell - we weren’t looking like cracking 200 at that stage. To wake up to a smith century and 288 is great. We are still in this game if we bowl well.

Hopefully we can extract a bit of that seam movement the poms were getting. Could be sidldles test - our new all rounder

Thanks to an unsettled 4 year old I managed to watch smith from 90 odd on... what a cricketer he is

Not sure if Anderson will make it back to bowl for England. As you all know, he only bowled 4 overs today.

Thank goodness for smith (and siddle)

Thanks to an unsettled 4 year old I managed to watch smith from 90 odd on... what a cricketer he is
I swear his fidgeting, tics, and self chatter is getting worse. He is almost Rainman like these days - surely he's on the spectrum - he's a batting savant

I swear his fidgeting, tics, and self chatter is getting worse. He is almost Rainman like these days - surely he's on the spectrum - he's a batting savant

Some of his reactions when he was trying to shield Lyon were a touch bizarre as well (I assume they turned the stump mics down...)

We've bowled pretty tight in the first session. With a bit of luck we could have had another two wickets if Lyon had reviewed his LB and Root survives a ball clipping his stumps. This session will be the key - we need to get an early breakthrough and get into their middle order

4-242

A wicket would be nice.

edit: I didn't mean to waste a review Aust...sheesh

It's slipping away, looking likely to be facing a decent first innings deficit unless we can strike early tonight. Watched the highlights this morning and how many runs did Burns score through the cordon ?? Not a lot of luck for Aussies.

A little bit off the pace not having seen this thread and GE kindly linking me here after thinking I had started the first thread a day late. Really surprised both Starc and Hazlewood were both left out. Pattinson has been bowling great in county cricket over there, so I guess that swung part of the decision. Smith is a freak. They have got to move him into 3 as that’s where the best batsman belongs, and I think Khawaja will go better at 4. Also think Carey was a bit stiff not to get selected, the victim of the incumbent skipper rule. Still in this, but only just. Oh, and fcuk the Barmy Army!

I wonder if we'll ever get to the stage where the umpire routinely checks with the video ref for an lbw.

There's the standard run out check as the ref has to go and replace the bails, but all this incorrect decisions that should or should not be reviewed is quite ....antiquated.

Is the modern world happy for this to continue or should we just get them reviewed automatically?

End of day three. A lead of about 30 with 7 wickets in hand (for Aust)

A lot hinges on Smith.

Some good early wickets but then we let it drift with Broad and Woakes. We should have kept the lead under 50.

Anyway we are in the black now. If Smith peels off another ton then we should be looking at a lead north of 250 hopefully.

280+ is needed and would be nice. Is a looonng way away though. Still need another 230odd meaning a total score of 380ish. Big ask. Wicket is starting to break up, turn square, roll.

You are right C&C. Smiths mannerisms are definitely getting worse, including the exaggerated swatting of his bat and pointing the bat at the non striker to signify no.

Steve Smith can 'mannerism' all he wants if he keeps batting like this. Has raced to 87. Sublime batting .

I know. But there are some signs that Travis might be heading down Watson Road. Hopefully he turns off onto Steve Waugh Boulevarde.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2