The Ashes 2019 in Eng.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
5-356.

What an awesome score to wake up to. A lead of 266.

Steve Smith standing tall. Maybe our openers can have some of what he's having. Which is probably practice and dedication.

And to think last year Smith and Warner were playing in this Canadian T20 league that is currently on. I wonder which one they'd prefer? lol

https://gt20.ca/

Most runs in a span of 10 innings in Ashes:

1236 - Bradman
1116 - STEVEN SMITH
913 - Hammond
912 - Gower

Paine and Wade at the crease - a couple of wicket keepers.

Paine just hit a 6, then a 4.

Lead of 280

283 the highest 4th innings successful chase at Edgebaston

A big fat hundred (from 131) for Wade. Well done!

And the lead is now 303.

A bit of a bonus having Anderson injured.

Lol, they just had to change the ball as after a six, it landed in someone's beer cup.

7-445. Pattison swinging away.

Last edited:
Aust declare!

7-487

A lead of 397. About 8 overs for England to face tonight.

Who'd woulda thunk it?

Gazza has to the key for us. Englands most dangerous bowler was root and he’s a part timer. Surely lyon can get the best out of this pitch and bowl us home to a 1-0 lead

Did anyone see where Eng had to change the ball because a six landed in a lady's beer cup?

Probably just me (and maybe a couple of new dad's).

Anyway, yes, Lyon should re-negotiate his contract before tomorrow, I think a lot is going to be up to him.

Did anyone see where Eng had to change the ball because a six landed in a lady's beer cup?

Probably just me (and maybe a couple of new dad's).

Anyway, yes, Lyon should re-negotiate his contract before tomorrow, I think a lot is going to be up to him.
Nah! He will be worth a lot more after tomorrow!

Not a very attacking declaration, that may come back to haunt you at the end of day 5
Better to be safe than sorry is generally the way for all Test skippers these days. 350 was probably a big enough lead, history would suggest even 300 would get us home.

Their batting line up isn't worse than ours and we just punched out 480. However I'd like to think our bowling attack might be a bit better than their undermanned effort. How bad was Moeen last night ??

Looking forward to watching the first 2 sessions tonight - hopefully we can get an early breakthrough

Do you think the fact that we only have to 'retain' the ashes and not win them caused the late declaration?

Does that make sense? It's like a draw is as good as a win?

If I had McGrath and Warne in my team I may have declared sooner. I wonder if Steve smith will bowl? Surely he is a better choice than when they threw Wade the ball in england's first inning?

Anderson was out for all but 4 overs in this test so yes, going for the win, I think, was the go.

I've sat on the fence enough. It'll be an interesting last day.

when does it start? About 3 hours time?

Woohoo, found the cricket thread after wandering aimlessly through ST’s for the past hour. Thankfully GE’s link got me back.

Do you think the fact that we only have to 'retain' the ashes and not win them caused the late declaration?

Does that make sense? It's like a draw is as good as a win?

If I had McGrath and Warne in my team I may have declared sooner. I wonder if Steve smith will bowl? Surely he is a better choice than when they threw Wade the ball in england's first inning?

Anderson was out for all but 4 overs in this test so yes, going for the win, I think, was the go.

I've sat on the fence enough. It'll be an interesting last day.

when does it start? About 3 hours time?

I'd like to see Smith get a trundle. . A couple of wickets to really nail down a MOM performance. Lol.
I reckon he'd get a reasonable amount of turn.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6