Taniela Paseka

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Look at the good sides. It's a mix.6 blokes doing 50 tackles with no thrust in attack won't win many games. Of course you can't afford turnstiles but blokes of the ilk of Cleal Tomololo etc don't need to knock themselves out in defence if you have a well balanced pack.
Understand what your saying. Shame it's the way the modern game seems to be going. What was the interchange rule in cleals day?

Understand what your saying. Shame it's the way the modern game seems to be going. What was the interchange rule in cleals day?

Don't know when the changes came in but there would have been no interchange. It would have been a max of 2 replacements and probably still in the era when both replacements had to have played a half game in a lower grade.

Last edited:
Yep 2 reserves usually used for injuries.

I agree. To the detriment of the game the freshness of the pigs makes it so much less attractive to watch forward play.

Even the great Artie would struggle to have a great effect these days and he is the best forward I have ever seen.

Ironically and counterintuitively the 10 metre rule has also effected attacking forward play. Rather than giving room for blokes like Artie to operate in, all it has done is to encourage crash test dummies with zero skill hitting it up over the advantage line looking to get a quick play the ball and being met by a wrestle mania in defence.Used to be a joy watching the old pommie forwards operate.

How many ballplaying forwards are around now . Graham, Sam Burgess maybe, Woods,Bromwich, Matulino,Gower for a couple of seasons at eels.... struggle to get half a dozen

Last edited:
Yep 2 reserves usually used for injuries.

I agree. To the detriment of the game the freshness of the pigs makes it so much less attractive to watch forward play.

Even the great Artie would struggle to have a great effect these days and he is the best forward I have ever seen.

Ironically and counterintuitively the 10 metre rule has also effected attacking forward play. Rather than giving room for blokes like Artie to operate in, all it has done is to encourage crash test dummies with zero skill hitting it up over the advantage line.Used to be a joy watching the old pommie forwards operate.

How many ballplaying forwards are around now . Graham, Sam Burgess maybe, Woods,Bromwich, Matulino,Gower for a couple of seasons at eels.... struggle to get half a dozen

Biggest killer of ball playing forwards today is the fact that in most middle tackles today there are at least 3 defenders some times 4 hitting the ball runner. This of course gets back to your point of fitness and being interchanged. Back in the day there was rarely more than 2 defenders ..... blokes were too buggered too carry on like that for 80 mins.

AFB has the skills to be great for us in the future with the ball.Always seems to get over the advantage line and his first instinct is to look for support rather than a quick play the ball.Not many forwards seems to have that awareness but he is one and I think he can be one of the pillars of our future success. Still so raw.

school holidays harry your on here to much for a kid .friends girlfriends ?
Hgbcds!!!!!! Young @Harry Smith can do what he wants with his school holidays - there's nothing greater than that time of your life where you can do whatever you want all day without a care in the world. It doesn't happen again for most. And if he wants to spend the time with us wonderful Silvertails, then we are lucky to have him.
And don't forget, the young are masterful multitaskers. And in this new and fab world it is very possible.
Even old me has dropped in here for a moment after a couple of games of Hearthstone - reached rank 5 this morning, damn I'm good! - and a quick FB post to bemoan the youngun across the road who is practising his trumpet - at least young Harry is not doing that!
Off to the beach, then the shops, then back in front of the telly and keyboard by 3.
See? So much is possible @;)@:)

AFB has the skills to be great for us in the future with the ball.Always seems to get over the advantage line and his first instinct is to look for support rather than a quick play the ball.Not many forwards seems to have that awareness but he is one and I think he can be one of the pillars of our future success. Still so raw.
He sure looks the goods, and as you've pointed out, still so young and if he continues to develop we'll have a ripper.

Had just walked up mount kosciuszko mate, so I am doing stuff with my time away from that ****hole known as school. There's always time and instead of wasting it on social media being fake I choose to use it towards stuff I care about such as Silvertails.

@Hgbcds

I think Susan and Harry have the right idea. While Billy B has acquitted himself well in first grade he doesn't necessarily have what are perceived the tools in today's game to be a superstar. The "ideal" backrowers are 6"2' and athletic. I think Susan used the Fensom analogy and it's a good one. 50 plus tackle players don't really have a place unfortunately today unless they have the attack to match. The somatotype of today's player is super tall athletic and lean. Billy unfortunately doesn't fit this whereas Taniela does hence the excitement. To get a player this young with his size and willingness in D despite his poor technique is exciting as if you can get the D right you have the whole package. Still some ifs but easier to reach someone the correct technique than help them grow a couple of inches and become more athletic.

I think Susan and Harry have the right idea. While Billy B has acquitted himself well in first grade he doesn't necessarily have what are perceived the tools in today's game to be a superstar. The "ideal" backrowers are 6"2' and athletic. I think Susan used the Fensom analogy and it's a good one. 50 plus tackle players don't really have a place unfortunately today unless they have the attack to match. The somatotype of today's player is super tall athletic and lean. Billy unfortunately doesn't fit this whereas Taniela does hence the excitement. To get a player this young with his size and willingness in D despite his poor technique is exciting as if you can get the D right you have the whole package. Still some ifs but easier to reach someone the correct technique than help them grow a couple of inches and become more athletic.
Tell that to Gallen ,Jackson,mcquire, and fensom. You can't teach toughness imo

Paseka can he play first grade this week? Or does he have to be in the 21 man Squad? And how's he been going for us in 20s.

Paseka can he play first grade this week? Or does he have to be in the 21 man Squad? And how's he been going for us in 20s.
Nope, he has to be named in the 21 to be eligible to play. He will start at prop in the u20's. I haven't seen him play for us yet.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8