Taniela Paseka

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I would love a Trex V2 - with us 4 years and wins a title.

Seems about the right rate as we need to keep the other teams happy, keep getting a new Trex every 4 years

WHY A TIGERS CUB LEFT THE DEN

Your columnist has been asked several times on social media why hulking forward Taniela Paseka was released from Wests Tigers to join Manly.

It was only less than a year ago the Tigers re-signed him on a two-year-deal.

Before recommitting to the Tigers, he had several clubs chasing his signature but the club fought hard to keep the young star, who had a massive pre-season under former coach Jason Taylor.

Yet he was never given an opportunity to play grade in an underwhelming pack.

Couple that with the fact that Tigers blew a significant amount of their cap space on re-signing Moses Suli and refused Paseka’s agent’s request to re-negotiate terms on a new deal, it all certainly played a part in the prop’s move to Manly.

To the club’s credit, they granted him a release to secure a genuine NRL opportunity.

Don’t be surprised to see the man-mountain coming off the Sea Eagles’ first grade bench in the coming weeks.

"Don’t be surprised to see the man-mountain coming off the Sea Eagles’ first grade bench in the coming weeks".
??????????

Teepee - or 'Tent' as I prefer to call him - has come to a club with one of the strongest group of front rowers in the comp. He is going to have to play extremely well in both the Under 20's, then for the Manly Workers, before being a remote chance to play first grade.

We have AFB who is powerful, Myles who is mean and hits hard, Lawrence who is fit fast and feisty, Marty who is a monster, plus Lussick who is just Manly. Plus Perrett.

Salary cap implications aside, it wouldn't surprise me to see the boy get a run in the late rounds ala Jake in 14?

If his size is right there is little risk physically, just perhaps the mental scarring that comes when men hit you. He can soften that by a decent run in reggies though.

I'm sure twenty and the clown have a plan with the 120 kilo boy; im just not sure what that is?????

if we have stocks like rounds 2 and 3 you can bet he will get a run then.

Otherwise late in the year makes sense, we can rest someone who has a niggle.

With BJ off contract this kid may take his spot next year in our prop ranks albeit fighting with Perrett for game time

Wow are we gonna have one heck of a forward pack in the years ahead.....
Lussick, Taupau, AFB, Paseka, Perrett, Sironen, Bainbridge, Winter, Lane......maybe get Jamie back!!!!!!!!!!

The problem for the big bloke, is there's player ahead of him today - ripping in and a big part of the Manly turnaround...
If we were 0 - 5 take a punt on him....but while our big men are getting it done and playing with massive effort - would be stupidity to throw him in and knowing Barretts loyalty to players , particularly part of a proven winning formula - it won't happen in 2017 till injuries/SOO allows the opportunity.
Personally excited to have this Massive weapon at Manly and cant wait to see him carry the ball against the junior Dragons this Sat at Brooky, will just have to work hard and take to the Manly culture - his time will come.

Apparently Winter has regained the Spring in his step after a Summer Fall.

Winter morrow night and all is going well. We could stick with our current side and spring no surprises, autumn might be worth a punt later on. Summer better than others.

The problem for the big bloke, is there's player ahead of him today - ripping in and a big part of the Manly turnaround...
If we were 0 - 5 take a punt on him....but while our big men are getting it done and playing with massive effort - would be stupidity to throw him in and knowing Barretts loyalty to players , particularly part of a proven winning formula - it won't happen in 2017 till injuries/SOO allows the opportunity.
Personally excited to have this Massive weapon at Manly and cant wait to see him carry the ball against the junior Dragons this Sat at Brooky, will just have to work hard and take to the Manly culture - his time will come.

FYI the NYC game has been moved to Blacktown on Sunday.

Oh I thought everyone knew who I was referring to..........:confused:
Johnny?
I0000hPqNwH9.ALQ.jpg

Being chosen in the extended squad for this week confirms Paseka is clearly marked for first grade development. He will get a couple of runs off the bench within the next 6 weeks or so, to expose him to the pace and intensity of NRL, and may get more later in the year if he does well. We will be looking to him to play a little more next year and to be an established NRL player by 2019.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8